MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jani

MAS Joins oneworld!

MXBphotosession_zpsee6535ef.jpg

Another revised livery.

Spot the difference?

OneWorld Logo the Malaysia Airlines font changed to Blue and the tail logo move more to the back

Congrats to MH for a well orchestrated joining event. I really enjoyed all the live streaming telecasts so far. The Gala Dinner was fantastic!

Whoever is in charge of branding at MAS really isn't doing a good job in my opinion. Sekejap biru, sekejap merah.. What's this man..

On the contrary, I think they are moving towards the right direction this time around. The new blue title as previously applied on the A380 and on MXB for the purpose of this event will eventually become a standard across the fleet, which by the time of its completion, the only branding confusion will be the livery of the A380 versus all the other swooshes (this is also provided that all the old grey belly red/blue cheatline have all been painted to swoosh).

Total 3 planes oneworld shirt at the moment, B738 and 2 A333. First maiden flight wearing oneworld by tomorrow sector KUL-MEL at departure time 1015.

It is not the case. Actually only 1 aircraft that received a full oneworld treatment, i.e. MTE. MXB only received some minor adjustments - the logo at its vertical stabilizer, the blue title and the oneworld orb near door 1L. I have checked on flightradar24, no other A333 spent more than 2 weeks on the ground like MTE did to get a paint job.

and I do hope that they will do some major uplifting exercise to their call centre!
plus....their customer service office too

Yes. Honestly I am so nervous about this one. I am in the opinion that MH can not cope with it and has no clue of what is coming their way with regards to this matter.

- removed -

Read more: http://www.ausbt.com.au/mas-joins-oneworld-what-does-this-mean-for-qantas-travellers

Damn right!

Surfing One World website and found this... hehe.. guess what? ;p

Thank you for visiting the oneworld web site

The site is currently being updated, and will be back online shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and please check back soon!

Edited by Gavin Andrew David
Removed at request of Author : David Flynn

Is MAS the only airline out there where the alliance c/s is hybrid-ised with the normal c/s?

all other OneWorld airlines needed to have their ships main body all whited-out - or i am in the error here?

I think they just need to apply the oneworld logo and lettering to a specific size. The airline's name/logo should be placed below it. MH's livery is similar to JL's

web.jpg

I noticed something in the WOR - it says there is an extra piece baggage or 20kg extra allowed for MH Plat (emerald) travelling on OW carriers - to my knowledge baggage is not a cross carrier OW benefit for elites. I wonder where this came from

I noticed something in the WOR - it says there is an extra piece baggage or 20kg extra allowed for MH Plat (emerald) travelling on OW carriers - to my knowledge baggage is not a cross carrier OW benefit for elites. I wonder where this came from

They are trying to standardise baggage allowance for elites across the OW member airlines.

It is now, starting today! :)

http://www.oneworld.com/news-information/oneworldnews/details/?objectID=53802

The fast track benefit is also another addition for OW Emerald members.

It is now, starting today! :)

http://www.oneworld.com/news-information/oneworldnews/details/?objectID=53802

The fast track benefit is also another addition for OW Emerald members.

Members of Malaysia Airlines' Enrich and LAN's LANPASS programmes will experience reciprocal frequent flyer rewards and benefits when flying on each other's airlines from 1 April 2013.

I thought MH said there will be a live streaming for the logojet flight now?

Stay tuned tomorrow at 8AM for our coverage of the first flight with the oneworld Alliance! #MHoneworld

The page is still blank.

Malaysia Airlines finally gives oneworld a presence in fast-growing Southeast Asia market

Malaysia Airlines (MAS) formally joined oneworld on 1-Feb-2013, giving the alliance 12 full members and its first member in Southeast Asia. For oneworld, MAS fills a white spot in one of the world’s fastest growing regions. For MAS, oneworld supports the carrier’s new focus on the premium end of the market.

MAS is in the latter stages of a restructuring which began at the end of 2011, when it unveiled a new business plan. Joining oneworld is a key component of the business plan. While only three oneworld members currently serve MAS’ Kuala Lumpur hub, joining the alliance expands its virtual network and increases its relevance in the premium market.

Under its new business plan MAS is improving its premium product and also targeting higher yielding economy passengers. Over the last several years the carrier has lost premium passengers and corporate accounts to aggressive rivals in Asia and the Gulf. MAS is now trying to woo these passengers back and sees membership in a global alliance as helping that effort.

Continue reading at http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/malaysia-airlines-finally-gives-oneworld-a-presence-in-fast-growing-southeast-asia-market-95939

..... will eventually become a standard across the fleet, which by the time of its completion, the only branding confusion will be the livery of the A380 versus all the other swooshes (this is also provided that all the old grey belly red/blue cheatline have all been painted to swoosh).

Beg to differ, there is still need to determine which way they want the kite to slant, if at all :)

Jolly good news. Brings it a little more in line with Star :)

Yes definitely, but extra baggage allowance for *A are available to *G members (equivalent of a OW Sapphire, granted *A has one less tier than OW).

Yes definitely, but extra baggage allowance for *A are available to *G members (equivalent of a OW Sapphire, granted *A has one less tier than OW).

True. But the star carriers get around this by creating super-golds within their own ranks anyhow :)

From AA website.. http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/malaysiaairlines.jsp?anchorLocation=DirectURL&title=malaysiaairlines

Enjoy More Options with Malaysia Airlines

Enjoy more routes to Southeast Asia and beyond with our enhanced codeshare relationship with the newest oneworld® member, Malaysia Airlines. Plus, AAdvantage® members will be able to earn and redeem AAdvantage miles on Malaysia Airlines flights. Beginning February 24, you can book travel starting March 1 between Kuala Lumpur (KUL) and:

• Paris (CDG), London (LHR), and Frankfurt (FRA)
  • Tokyo (NRT)

And, coming soon, routes between Kuala Lumpur and:

• Kinablu (BKI), Phuket (HKT), Kuching (KCH), Kuantan (KUA), Labuan (LBU), Phnom Penh (PNH), and Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)

Miles you earn on Malaysia Airlines flights will count toward elite status qualification, and if you’re an AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® or AAdvantage Gold® member you can earn elite status bonus miles on most oneworld airlines.

From AA website.. http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/malaysiaairlines.jsp?anchorLocation=DirectURL&title=malaysiaairlines

Enjoy More Options with Malaysia Airlines

Enjoy more routes to Southeast Asia and beyond with our enhanced codeshare relationship with the newest oneworld® member, Malaysia Airlines. Plus, AAdvantage® members will be able to earn and redeem AAdvantage miles on Malaysia Airlines flights. Beginning February 24, you can book travel starting March 1 between Kuala Lumpur (KUL) and:

• Paris (CDG), London (LHR), and Frankfurt (FRA)

• Tokyo (NRT)
And, coming soon, routes between Kuala Lumpur and:

[*]Kinablu (BKI), Phuket (HKT), Kuching (KCH), Kuantan (KUA), Labuan (LBU), Phnom Penh (PNH), and Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
The name Kota Kinabalu is way too long and boring for AA, so they renamed it as Kinablu :p

By the way, the QF FFP is useless if you fly on those route pairs not listed such as MH's service within Asia as no miles and status bonus will be awarded regardless of class of travel. Duh!

Anyway, I am definitely keeping both my MH Enrich and BA Executive Club. So far none of the oneworld carriers will give any miles on a deeply discounted Y ticket on MAS, that is why I am keeping my Enrich for sure. While BA Executive Club is the only oneworld carrier FFP that gives miles on a deeply discounted CX/KA Y ticket (not even CX's own Asia Miles gives you anything) :)

Edited by Isaac

The name Kota Kinabalu is way too long and boring for AA, so they renamed it as Kinablu :p

By the way, the QF FFP is useless if you fly on those route pairs not listed such as MH's service within Asia as no miles and status bonus will be awarded regardless of class of travel. Duh!

Anyway, I am definitely keeping both my MH Enrich and BA Executive Club. So far none of the oneworld carriers will give any miles on a deeply discounted Y ticket on MAS, that is why I am keeping my Enrich for sure. While BA Executive Club is the only oneworld carrier FFP that gives miles on a deeply discounted CX/KA Y ticket (not even CX's own Asia Miles gives you anything) :)

Will you gain miles on CX /KA's deeply discounted tix with MH Enrich though?

May be time for me to apply for miles with BA. :)

Actually I prefer the name to be Kinabalu rather than Kota Kinabalu...

Edited by S V Choong