MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Low Cost Air Terminal at KLIA

The union president talked about it about 2 weeks ago, and a certain politician dismissed it, and there was even suggestion that the person be reprimanded for having talked about it.

There is a mention about taxi service in today's Malay Mail paper. It will be RM 59.99 for budget (red/white cab) taxi to KL, and other rates unmentioned for premier (black cab) and family taxi (silver grey cab)

In KLIA's LCC website (arrival), complimentary shuttle between LCC Terminal and MTB will be available to those with proof of connecting flights departing from the main building. I guess those with no connecting flights will have to pay to get there for, say, to take the ERL train.

Well, from the news, AK said they targeted 6 millions passengers this year...average 16438 per day and 684 passengers using LCC-T per hour.......it will be a heck of traffic jam at the terminal during peak hour. So I recommend take ERL which will be more expensive than AK ticket itself May be they have 1000 parking spaces as Radzi stated eariler

There is a set of documents in our professions to refer to for car parking requirement. It is not determined by any random person who said it should be this number or that number of carparks.

I do not know the building area, therefore I am unable to give you the number of carparks. No matter how much carparks you provide for people, it will never be enough. The idea is, having people to park for a short time instead of lingering around the airport for a long time. 600 carparks are still a hell lot of carparks for a terminal of this size from the photographs.

Do bear in mind that we live in a world of limited resources and land is a scarce resource and we certainly don't have enough of it to cater for everyone.

Edited by S V Choong

No problem lah if not enough car park, just leave your car on side of runway and/or taxiway. Make sure you leave hazard lights on though. Hey, it is customary practice in Malaysia isn't it ?!! :lol: :lol:

Just saw the LCC-T at Yahoo!, the place look pretty neat................the entrace has a shape looks like quater moon

Just came back from KL Sentral. The folks at Air Asia and ERL are still in the dark about the LCC terminal transport arrangement between LCCT and MTB. Still waiting for official announcement by MAHB.

Is it going to be like two airports in an airport.............how the pilot- controller going to communicate well if they were seperated?

The Apron Tower will provide ground control for LCCT,

as they've been doing for Satellite South and Cargo Apron

ever since the opening of KLIA... B)

Tower Control (Runway ops) still from main tower... ;)

The Apron Tower will provide ground control for LCCT,

as they've been doing for Satellite South and Cargo Apron

ever since the opening of KLIA... B)

Tower Control (Runway ops) still from main tower... ;)

Thanks for the info brother Norman :)

Onkeil Normy, so you still get the force power to say which runway an a/c can take off from?

No problem lah if not enough car park, just leave your car on side of runway and/or taxiway. Make sure you leave hazard lights on though. Hey, it is customary practice in Malaysia isn't it ?!!

Alternative solution would be to take the entire / half of your car up to the traffic island, park on double lines or double/triple parking. Do it the MALAYSIAN WAY!! Screw the others, own priority comes first!! :lol:

Try these in NZ, will either get you a hefty ticket or get into argument with people! :lol: :lol:

Edited by S V Choong

Finally! I found the link from AK website itself. Kudos to them! If want to depend on MAB website, maybe next year baru update:

http://www.airasia.com/lcct/main.htm

Quite informative. So for my 23rd March morning flight, I'll still depart from KLIA MTB, but returning from TWU on 25th March, will be using LCC terminal.

And here's a map too!

IPB Image

Wow, "selected" arrivals means 19 arrivals in the space of 4 hours? AK is doing really well!

Terminal design seems simple and makes sense. Check in and turn left for international or turn right for domestic. Easy.

I wish I'm on that AK5257 flight from Miri. I would sit in front near the cockpit, and when arriving, rush like a kiasu to become the 1st passenger arriving at new LCCT. Woohoo! For this honor, AK will give me complimentary voucher to any destinations in AK route, and I'll appear on newspaper taking picture with Tony Fernandez.

Edited by Roszaimy

Being a budget terminal, I wonder if it is air-conditioned? It looks like a huge hall in the few pics I've seen. But I like the use of stairs...just like the old days of travel. Get to look around under the plane at 'street' level, hear the hissing air-cond packs of the aircraft, smell the JetA1 like the old days of Subang :) I suppose there will be umbrellas should it rain. Even if it rains, that's OK for me.

wooahh.. thats a pretty budget map!

The Bunga Raya complex has shifted it would appear by the map :D

:)

Peronally, I think the best location for the future LCCT is adjacent to the weather station and Runway 32L/14R... Sorry, I know this will block out the view from the weather station for us spotterss... but who knows, maybe the architects will include an open-air observation deck on top of the LCCT for even BETTER spotting :)

Can't wait to try out LCC!!! It must be Subang like feeling!! :)

wooahh.. thats a pretty budget map!

The Bunga Raya complex has shifted it would appear by the map :D

:)

Also the "Main Terminal" is so large ah?

Hmm...from the map it looks like passengers have to take a nice long scenery tour around the whole KLIA before arriving at the LCAT. ;)

Hopefully they will make 'faster' falternative transportation in near future.

It appears connecting passangers between LCC and MTB will have a long and winding road to take shuttling between these two terminals. Wonder why MAB can't arrange transportation that takes pax through the airport, which is just a relatively short distance. Along the way, pax can saviour the scenes of planes on the tarmac.

Even before the opening, ERL is making noise when news came out that a budget bus service is being planned between KL Sentral and LCC for about RM 10. ERL is afraid that the bus service may steal its passengers. But ERL is still blur about arrangements for pax using its service but intend to go to / come from the LCC. If ERL offers complimentary shuttle service, or for a token sum, then people may not have to worry too much.

I think its going to be a bad move to book Kch KL then connecting international flight from there.. It gonna be a big burden.. will it??? Kantoi lah like tat :blink:

guy, is the terminal open for public now..?

The new Budget Terminal at Changi is now open to public for 5-day sneak preview and the public can walk through the departure and arrival processes...with tour guide..how cool is that ..

I think its going to be a bad move to book Kch KL then connecting international flight from there.. It gonna be a big burden.. will it??? Kantoi lah like tat :blink:

You are right ignatius... still wondering how to get from main terminal to the LCC. Imagine all the bag that you have to carry.. from ERL then "naik teksi ahh". cannot oohh.... :angry:

Edited by Meor

Guys.. found this article from air asia website.

THE NEW TERMINAL

The need for the LCC Terminal was triggered by the high growth of passenger movements recorded by Malaysia’s no frills airline, Air Asia. The LCC Terminal is located about 20 KM from the KLIA Main Terminal Building (MTB). Construction of the LCC Terminal was on the fast track basis beginning June 2005. The construction and other related costs of LCC Terminal is about RM 108 million.

The LCC terminal is specifically designed to suit the Low Cost Carrier (LCC) business model where it would have no travellators, escalators, aerobridges and would be able to have a shorter turnaround time. The 35,290 square meters LCC terminal comprised one single storey building for departure and arrival. It is designed to handle 10 million passengers a year and there is scope for further expansion should more airlines decide to use it.

The LCC terminal is supported by the existing parking apron and additional infrastructure built includes an extension to the existing parking apron, surface access, curbside road, car parks, and other utilities. The LCC Terminal due to be completed in March 2006 and it will be opened on 9 March 2006 and the official opening will be on 23 March 2006.

FACTS & FEATURES

Total Size of the terminal 35,290 sq meters

Check in area 2,650 sq meters

International Departure Hall 3,240 sq meters

International Arrival Hall 4,340 sq meters

Domestic Departure Hall 4,430 sq meters

Domestic Arrival Hall 1,900 sq meters

Public Concourse Main Area 4,355 sq meters

Public Concourse International Arrival area 325 sq meters

Common, Ramp and circulation 6,760 sq meters

72 Check-in counters

(52 check-in baggage counters & 20 check-in no baggage counters)

International Departure

• 3 Sets of check-in baggage screening machine

• 12 Departure Immigration Counters

• 2 Immigration Auto Gate lanes

• 8 Boarding gates

Domestic Departure • 3 sets of hand luggage screening machine and walk-through metal detectors.

• 12 Boarding gates

• Common Departure Lounge (Pax capacity 3,000, seats 800)

International Arrival

• 4 International arrival gates

• 12 Arrival Immigration counters

• 2 Immigration auto gates

• 2 Arrival baggage carousels

• 6 Arrival Custom counters

Domestic Arrival

• 4 Domestic arrival gates

• 3 Arrival baggage carousels

HOW TO GET THERE

Private Vehicles

The primary road access from Kuala Lumpur is North Central Link Expressway, North South Central Link, KESAS and Lebuhraya Damansara Puchong Highway. There will be a road signs to lead drivers to the LCC Terminal. An open 1100 parking lots will be available in front of the LCC Terminal.

Parking rate: RM1.00 for 1st 2 hours, RM2.00 for subsequent hours

ERL

There are existing ERL station located at Salak Tinggi and KLIA station. Passengers are able to shuttle conveniently between LCC Terminal and Salak Tinggi ERL station/KLIA station.

Taxis

The taxi operators will be operating at LCC Terminal.

Public Buses

There are public bus services to/from Nilai Commuter Station, KLIA Main Terminal Building, Salak Tinggi ERL station, Pekan Sepang, and Pekan Banting.

Shuttle Bus

The LCC Terminal will offer other services such as a shuttle bus service to link passengers from the LCC terminal to Main Terminal Building, KLIA and vice versa.

Besides, there will be direct shuttle serve between KL Sentral and

LCC Terminal.

More info coming soon.

Edited by Meor

Sign in to follow this