MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
lionel

Firefly CNY ticket

I don't know whether anyone notice about firefly's ticket, it actually not cheap at all...

for example for next year chinese new year trip, i can get RM328 return trip with MAS(luckily i bought it early),and with the price i checked on firefly, it able to let me to buy a business class ticket back to sibu...

FLYZ (KUL to SBW)

1 Guest @ MYR 388.95 MYR 388.95

Taxes / Fees [details] MYR 45.00

FLYZ (SBW to KUL)

1 Guest @ MYR 333.95 MYR 333.95

Taxes / Fees [details] MYR 45.00

Services and Fees

Standard Set of Services MYR 58.00

Standard Set of Services MYR 58.00

[Remove]

Taxes MYR 0.00

Total PriceMYR 928.9

i actualy got a very cheap ticket(RM18 return) when their 1st launch the flight to KCH, just cannot imagine/accept to saw a high price like that....and there's actually some complaints in their facebook about the high price during CNY...i not sure it is because of the raise of the fuel price...

p/s: did anyone know what actually "community airlines" mean?? whats their marketing strategy about this community airlines??

taking advantages to slash the consumers instead of the price? by hiking the price?

what to do....just "terkejut" when saw the price they offer...

hmm i realised the frequency has been reduced to twice a day from 3 flights per day for kl-sbw route

ya, don't know why they reduce the frequency...maybe is the low demand???? (i believe the demand during CNY should be quite high) just couldn't understand how they manage...

IMHO it's not much on what airline but when you book and when you fly.

They reduce 3 to 2 may be MAS still continue to operates SIBU?

As last time there is news that MAS will stop flying to SIBU :mellow:

so 6 daily flight to sibu is still ok for us :good:

IMHO it's not much on what airline but when you book and when you fly.

Waiping, sorry~~i don't understand what you wrote...

btw , lionel are you from sbw as well? :D

erm~~my birth place is there, and most of my relatives also live there, so i will go back every year CNY...

They reduce 3 to 2 may be MAS still continue to operates SIBU?

As last time there is news that MAS will stop flying to SIBU :mellow:

so 6 daily flight to sibu is still ok for us :good:

hopefully MAS will continue flying to EAST Malaysia....so that we got more choices to choose...

Waiping, sorry~~i don't understand what you wrote...

I believe what he meant was the ticket's price is dictated by demand. Naturally, FY (and any other airlines) will not offer RM9 airfares during festive seasons where the demand for travel is huge.

[quote name='Y. J. Foo' date='01 June 2011 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1306877618' post='282962']
I believe what he meant was the ticket's price is dictated by demand. Naturally, FY (and any other airlines) will not offer RM9 airfares during festive seasons where the demand for travel is huge.
[/quote]

thanks...air asia also the same, when high demand, their not giving out any promo...but MAS do start from very low fare, which was RM148++ (luckily i bought it).....is just that the price that firefly offer is rocket high, it is not reasonable/acceptable...just a discussion, see whether you guys can accept it or not...

i noticed that flight kl-sbw is no longer available for booking on MAS website from the 1st of august. hmmm does this mean that MH is withdrawing from that route from august onwards and hand it over completely to FY?

those who bought the MAS ticket for CNY are forced to go for FY? <_<

since MAS open booking for CNY ticket, so assume ~90 tickets being booked then transferred to FY

so that is the reason the opening of the FY ticket for CNY is jumped to RM399 straight? :pardon:

Edited by Wong Y. K.

Sign in to follow this