MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Norman

Falcon 7X Grounded

I received an email from a.netter

Just wondering if your aware the world fleet of 7X's has been grounded, due to an incident while landing at your local airport!! Seems aircraft was descending - but the trim went out of control and the aircraft rose 12,000 feet!!

Anyway - just curious if your aware of a Swiss registered Falcon 7X now at SZB which is the 'incident' aircraft. Just curious of the registration.

Rob in Toronto Canada

Then googling pointing me towards one

PARIS (Dow Jones)--The European Aviation Safety Agency on Thursday grounded the worldwide fleet of Dassault Falcon 7X executive jets after one of these aircraft encountered an in-flight anomaly that could have caused the pilots to lose control.

The Cologne, Germany-based agency said in its Emergency Airworthiness Directive that the decision to halt all flight operations of Dassault's flagship jet at the request of the Paris-based company.

The plane was en route between Europe and Malaysia with no passengers on board, Dassault spokesman Stephane Fort told Dow Jones Newswires by telephone. The pilots managed to regain control of the aircraft and land it safely in Malaysia, he said.

Fort couldn't say who owns the aircraft or who was operating it.

To date, Dassault has delivered 112 of the jets that have collectively clocked up 75,000 flight hours. Dassault Falcon, a division of Dassault Aviation (AM.FR), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of premium business jets.

-By David Pearson, Dow Jones Newswires; +331 4017 1751; david.pearson@dowjones.com

Anybody has more detail?

A 7X belonging to Texas Pacific I caught recently in SZB before the worldwide grounding of the type..

Falcon 7X in SZB

Norman, this will be Tan Sri AK's 7X. HB, Swiss registered.

out of curiosity, would there be any compensation offered when such a directive is given? (grounding)

either for this case or any other type ie: DC10, A310's etc

Sign in to follow this