MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Yue Lee

MH or CX to HKG?

Hey folks, I have never taken MH on routes besides those to and from Australia. Come January I will be going to Hong Kong and am deciding between MH B772 or CX A333. I have never flown CX. Thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hey folks, I have never taken MH on routes besides those to and from Australia. Come January I will be going to Hong Kong and am deciding between MH B772 or CX A333. I have never flown CX. Thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you looking for a package with hotel then CX gives you a better deal. CX has very rates with a lots of hotels in Hong Kong and its packages comes with airport transfer to hotel and vice versa. There is a complimentary half day city tour as well which is very professionally done. Depending on which flight you are taking, the morning flight on CX is a B773.

If you looking for a package with hotel then CX gives you a better deal. CX has very rates with a lots of hotels in Hong Kong and its packages comes with airport transfer to hotel and vice versa. There is a complimentary half day city tour as well which is very professionally done. Depending on which flight you are taking, the morning flight on CX is a B773.

Thanks chookyan. The package with hotel and city tours etc... would they only be available for bookings through CX's website. I plan to book my ticket from an online travel agent , they somehow seem to give better prices from CX or MH's websites.

oops, I meant it's cheaper to book through online travel sites RATHER than from CX or MH's booking engines

Thanks chookyan. The package with hotel and city tours etc... would they only be available for bookings through CX's website. I plan to book my ticket from an online travel agent , they somehow seem to give better prices from CX or MH's websites.

oops, I meant it's cheaper to book through online travel sites RATHER than from CX or MH's booking engines

Check this out - http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_MY/offerspromotions/offerslanding?refID=e4694c811ce2f210VgnVCM1000000ad21c39____&WAcampid=KUL_OFFERS_HKSC2011&WAemail=HOME

The half day is complimentary and you need to register. Very easy and you can do it when you arrive at Hong Kong cos it is the same travel agent that takes care of your airport transfer to your hotel. Just go to their counter.

Edited by chookyan

I'm not sure about MH but as for CX, you can go to their website n do a dummy booking for the dates you need...from there u can see the different level of pricing based on different booking class....Even in Economy (I assume u r traveling in coach), there are a few booking classes...Also Jan is a high travel period so you may get a bigger aircraft (B747, B777ER, B777-300, A340-300) compared to the A330,

MH provides magnum ice cream as additional attraction for magnum lovers :good:

KUL/HKG ticket price on CX is normally a few hundred cheaper than MH. The price difference can buy a magnum ice cream a day for a few months :pardon:

Sign in to follow this