MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nizam

Aerobridge stretch near KLIA collapses

SEPANG: An aerobridge collapsed at a stretch between the Kuala Lumpur Internatio­nal Airport terminal and the satellite building during regular maintenance work.

No one was injured while flights were not affected by the 6pm incident yesterday, said Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (MAB) senior general manager for operations Datuk Azmi Murad.

Source: http://www.thestaronline.com/news/story.asp?file=%2F2011%2F5%2F23%2Fnation%2F8737050&sec=nation

STrange way of describing where the aerobridge collapsed. I assumed it was still attached to the MTB at gate A2 when the incident happened as opposed to when it was being transported (after being dismantled) between MTB and the satellite building.

What a stupid way of describing it !

An aerobridge collapsed at a stretch between the Kuala Lumpur Internatio­nal Airport terminal and the satellite building during regular maintenance work.

This line , is totally unnecessary !

it is nowhere ' between ' .

it is at the MTB. thats it.

Having been to KLIA more times than I would like to count and having worked there, I do not recall there being any aerobridge (as we know it - linking the terminal building and the aircraft) spanning the 1km distance between the MTB and the Satellite Building. There is a train that links the building.

There is an underpass between the 2 buldings over which an aircraft can taxi. And there is a large storm drain with several "bridges" spanning for aircraft to cross. So I guess, since these are bridges where aircraft uses to taxi

from the runway to the parking areas in the Contact pier, so technically one can naievely call it an "aerobridge".

So I guess, since these are bridges where aircraft uses to taxi

from the runway to the parking areas in the Contact pier, so technically one can naievely call it an "aerobridge".

So, presumably, the reporter thought it was this particular type of "aerobridge" that collapsed?!! Fortunately, MH's brand new Airbus 787-800ER was not using the "aerobridge" when it happened.

So, presumably, the reporter thought it was this particular type of "aerobridge" that collapsed?!! Fortunately, MH's brand new Airbus 787-800ER was not using the "aerobridge" when it happened.

787 airbus hahaah

It was the aerobridge at A2 (not sure L or R though). It is now all covered up, can see it from anjung tinjau. Sorry not in a position to take a photo :(.

Previous collapse happened at A2 too, if not mistaken.

What a stupid way of describing it !

This line , is totally unnecessary !

it is nowhere ' between ' .

it is at the MTB. thats it.

If this really happened, KLIA would have been shut down until further notice....these reporters need to go back to classes

Sign in to follow this