MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

AirAsia Special Liveries

Should be in SIN as they do their MRO there. The Tiger special livery is now being painted - so it will most likely be another AF series plane.

May be it has been asked already but who do Air Asia use to paint their aircraft?

Geoff

Airasia use SAE to paint their aircraft. In KLIA

Another special livery for you guys to spot, QPR plane!

TF on Twitter:

To all rangers fans . Plane will be launched when team ia in malaysia. Give me a name for the plane. Airasia team want to call it loftus. The interior ia amazing

On Harimau Muda:

Merdeka dayRT @joekaosjr: I see, it's in progress RT @tonyfernandes: Being painted now RT @youngariff When the Harimau Malaya fleet will be reveal ?

Not exactly special livery but special seats. Guys do you remember these Recaro seats? Seems like no plans to redo the seats to standard AK leather. A comment from the a traveler seated next to me - these seats feel more comfy.

9M-AQJ (now HS-ABX) taken in Dec 2011.

9MAQJ_0055s22b20c-15.jpg

HS-ABY (ex Air Berlin D-ABFY, AirAsia 9M-AQK and now with Thai AirAsia) taken 02 July 2012.

HSABY_8051.jpg

Edited by Waiping

I was on board the Caterham F1 special livery and they have re-upholstered the seats back to black leather (read headrests for hotseats). Looks like the green leather (yellow headrests for hotseats) did not last too long.

From a photo on the QPR website it is 9M-AFV.

Here's the story from: http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2852411,00.html

THE ALAN McDONALD AIRCRAFT

Posted on: Wed 18 Jul 2012

AirAsia, the World's Best Low Cost Airline owned by QPR Chairman Tony Fernandes, have paid a glowing tribute to the late, great Alan McDonald, naming a special QPR-themed plane after the former QPR stalwart.

McDonald tragically passed away on June 23rd, aged 48, after collapsing on a golf course in native Northern Ireland.

Tributes flooded into the Club from all areas of the globe, with players past and present as well as supporters of the beautiful game wanting to pay their respects to the man affectionately known as 'Macca.'

Fernandes was particularly taken aback by the many testimonials he read about McDonald on his twitter account and as a result opted to name the Airbus A320 after the iconic R's legend.

The airbus is painted in the R's famous blue and white colours with a prominent tail that features QPR's iconic hoops. The interior of the aircraft carries fun facts on both QPR and McDonald himself.

Macca, of course, spent 17 wonderful years at Loftus Road, making close to 500 appearances for the Club.

Present at the unveiling of the aircraft in Kuala Lumpur were the entire QPR First Team squad, as well as gaffer Mark Hughes, CEO Philip Beard and of course, Fernandes himself.

AirAsia Group Head of Commercial, Kathleen Tan toldwww.qpr.co.uk: "The special aircraft does not only symbolise our energetic relationship with QPR, but also further cements our relationship with a team with an amazing history in English football and whose passion, determination and commitment reflects our own hard work and fervour in attaining success."

0,,10373~11051112,00.jpg

Tonia McDonald, Alan's widow, added: "On behalf of myself, Joshua and all the McDonald family I cannot thank Mr Fernandes enough for his overwhelming gesture of deciding to remember and honour Alan by naming one of his planes after him.

"We know Alan would have been so proud and amazed at such a generous tribute. I'm only sorry that we could not be in KL to witness the unveiling, but I feel immensely proud that Alan's name and the QPR colours will jointly become a legacy incorporated in such a wonderful aircraft.

"Mr Fernandes has already promised me that if ever the plane comes to the UK then we will have the opportunity to see it for ourselves and Joshua and I can't wait for that to happen."

She added: "Since Alan's death we have really been taken aback by the amount of messages of support we have received both personally and through the Club. The letters, cards, e-mails and texts seem to have been never ending and reading them all brings us such comfort.

"This amazing gesture by Mr Fernandes really tops everything and we are so proud to know we have such fantastic friends at QPR."

As I am sure there is at least one Manchester United fan that is on this forum could he or she please identify the players depicted on 9M-AFC when it was in Manchester United colours.

Port side from front

2 Wayne Rooney

Starboard side from front

2 Alex Ferguson

3 Rio Ferdinand

Thanks

Geoff

As I am sure there is at least one Manchester United fan that is on this forum could he or she please identify the players depicted on 9M-AFC when it was in Manchester United colours.

Port side from front

1 Cristiano Ronaldo

2 Wayne Rooney

3 ???

4 Ruud van Nistelrooy

1 Park Ji Sung

2 Alex Ferguson

3 Rio Ferdinand

Thanks

Geoff

Port side from front

1 Cristiano Ronaldo

2 Wayne Rooney

3 Alan Smith

4 Ruud van Nistelrooy

1 Park Ji Sung

2 Alex Ferguson

3 Rio Ferdinand

Port side from front

1 Cristiano Ronaldo

2 Wayne Rooney

3 Alan Smith

4 Ruud van Nistelrooy

1 Park Ji Sung

2 Alex Ferguson

3 Rio Ferdinand

Thanks Waiping, Walter and Chow for your replies.

Geoff

No 3 is Alan Smith

OMG, totally forgotten about him. :p