MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

Melaka Air to Offer Flights from Melaka Airport Beginning 11 November 2011

Don't want to bust the bubble but 78% means nothing as this sector is SZB - MKZ - MES - MKZ - SZB. How many in aircraft on te SZB MKZ SZB run......

Don't want to bust the bubble but 78% means nothing as this sector is SZB - MKZ - MES - MKZ - SZB. How many in aircraft on te SZB MKZ SZB run......

was inside the terminal, cant see the load for mkz-szb

Melaka to Kuching... means they need a Boeing Jet!

An ATR 72 can do that, one hour plus only...FY did use ATR 72 for Subang-Koh Samui and vv which last about 2 hours non-stop...

An ATR 72 can do that, one hour plus only...FY did use ATR 72 for Subang-Koh Samui and vv which last about 2 hours non-stop...

SZB to USM is 453 miles / 728 km

KUL to KCH is 604 miles / 971 km

Different distance and different equipment have different flying time...

SZB to USM is 453 miles / 728 km

KUL to KCH is 604 miles / 971 km

Different distance and different equipment have different flying time...

Yea, I understand that...I thought you are talking about between KCH and MKZ? still reachable I think as long as it is around 2 hours plus the maximum...

Yea, I understand that...I thought you are talking about between KCH and MKZ? still reachable I think as long as it is around 2 hours plus the maximum...

KCH to MKZ is about 562 miles / 905 km... I'm not sure what is the longest distance an ATR 72 could fly. Judging it's a propeller plane and thought of flying it on a long distance on South China Sea is pretty scary.

Judging it's a propeller plane and thought of flying it on a long distance on South China Sea is pretty scary.

The military boys do it routinely I believe :)

MH used to do it on scheduled basis with the F27

Anyway, it's a relatively short distance over water from KCH to Peninsular :)

KCH to MKZ is about 562 miles / 905 km... I'm not sure what is the longest distance an ATR 72 could fly. Judging it's a propeller plane and thought of flying it on a long distance on South China Sea is pretty scary.

From what I know and read about before it's about 2.5 to 3 hours flight time the longest non-stop; well, your last sentence comment above it's quite true...

Well all the ATRs are made in Toulouse and they made their way to Malaysia safely crossing the Mediterranean, war zones Iraq and Afghanistan, capital of turbulence at the Bay of Bengal et al. I don't see why they could not cross a 'simple' South China Sea from Melaka to Kuching.

Well all the ATRs are made in Toulouse and they made their way to Malaysia safely crossing the Mediterranean, war zones Iraq and Afghanistan, capital of turbulence at the Bay of Bengal et al. I don't see why they could not cross a 'simple' South China Sea from Melaka to Kuching.

True also, but delivery flights not much loads...Melaka to Kuching and vv on ATR 72 should be ok, they said around 1 hour or plus...

True also, but delivery flights not much loads...Melaka to Kuching and vv on ATR 72 should be ok, they said around 1 hour or plus...

If KCH - KUL already takes 1 hour 40 minutes by jet, I don't see how a turboprop can do the job in "1 hour or plus...".

Maybe their ATRs come with afterburners.

Using redbull fuel hehe

If KCH - KUL already takes 1 hour 40 minutes by jet, I don't see how a turboprop can do the job in "1 hour or plus...".

Haha, is about Kuching to Melaka and reverse direction lah, to KUL if by turboprop is definitely 2 hours and more...

Haha, is about Kuching to Melaka and reverse direction lah, to KUL if by turboprop is definitely 2 hours and more...

I don't see how one can get from Kuching to Malacca in less than 2 hours at 511 km/h cruising speed on the ATR on a straight line distance of 902km without taking into consideration climbing and descending.

The only turboprop I think may do the job is the Piaggio Avanti at max speed.

Many regional airports have been left bereft and forlorn by the "Blue" and "Red" carriers, time to set up own airlines. I hope Sarawak could do this quick!

Anybody remember the green Saeaga Airlines ? At least that lasted about 2-3 years. One wonders how different the skies would be today if the Gov supported this private airline instead of then HICOM owned AirAsia :pardon:

Link

Anybody remember the green Saeaga Airlines ? At least that lasted about 2-3 years. One wonders how different the skies would be today if the Gov supported this private airline instead of then HICOM owned AirAsia :pardon:

Link

SAEGA, 2-3 years? More like 2 - 3 months. If only you knew. A real Saga........

The days of small airlines with small agendas are long over.

Its now all about economies of scale. You have to be big to survive - and then, it is not even guaranteed. AA has filed for bankruptcy protection, and they are HUGE!

Melaka Air to start flights on April 6

Melaka Air will start its twice weekly flights from here to Penang from Apr 6, 2012, said chairman of Melaka Holiday Sdn Bhd,

Syed Mahaza Syed Dakian.

He said the flights, on Mondays and Fridays, would use planes with a capacity to carry 72 passengers, rented from Firefly.

Syed Mahaza said the flight, which would take over one hour, would be convenient to local and foreign tourists and allow them to enjoy the unique tourist attractions in both states.

"There were many requests from foreign tourists in Penang to come to Melaka to see the Unesco World Heritage sites.

"The introduction of this new route will shorten the distance and help the tourists save cost to visit the historical city," he told a media briefing here today.

He said currently, Melaka Air only operated flights from here to Medan, Indonesia.

"The flights, which started last November, has received good response, he said.

Syed Mahaza said Melaka Holiday would offer promotional packages to Medan at reasonable prices.

Meanwhile, its general manager of tourism promotion division, Abd Kadir Md Idris, said the division would cooperate with Malaysian Association of Tour & Travel Agents to promote the route to boost tourism arrivals in Melaka.

He said this would help boost tourism earnings and make the Melaka International Airport a meeting place for flights from Penang and Medan. -- Bernama

Edited by Ikman Ikreza