MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

Melaka Air to Offer Flights from Melaka Airport Beginning 11 November 2011

You guys are so funny ... love the jokes relating to 11, especially Chapter 11.

So do I gather that the airline's name is not yet confirmed? What does NN Aviation stands for - what is NN?

Surprised that there is no Melaka-Singapore flight ... would have thought that one a potential business if priced right.

Keep those jokes coming - they help to lower blood pressure!

KC Sim

Firefly takes off from Malacca via pact with Melaka Air

By Presenna Nambiar Published: 2011/07/29

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New.../plai/Article/

MALACCA: Firefly will be the first local low-cost carrier to fly out of the Malacca International Airport, under a managed services agreement with Melaka Air.

Melaka Air is 10 per cent-owned by Malacca Foundation (Yayasan Melaka) and 90 per cent by private firm NN Flyers. It has a paid-up capital of RM20 million.

Last year Malacca International Airport saw some 21,000 passengers pass through its doors. With the new venture, it targets 30,000 passengers for 2011.

In an effort to boost passenger traffic at the upgraded airport, Melaka Air has a three-year arrangement with Firefly to fly to both international and domestic destinations.

The agreement will see Firefly station an ATR 72-500 at the airport. The aircraft will be one of the two it is to receive this November.

By year-end, Firefly will operate a fleet of 12 ATR 72-500, seven Boeing 737-800 and two Boeing 737-400.

With the aircraft, Firefly will start flights to Batam, Pekanbaru and Medan in Indonesia from Malacca, from November 11.

From November 19, Firefly will start flights to Penang and Kota Baru from Malacca.

Firefly will start ticket sales for its new routes to Penang and Kota Baru today. Promotional fares will start from RM88 all in, one way.

firefly from 19NOV11 is introducing 2 new routes out of Malacca, with 3 weekly each of Malacca – Penang and Malacca – Kota Bahru service.

ATR72-500 turboprop aircraft operates these service with following schedule:

Malacca – Penang

FY4008 MKZ1440 – 1550PEN AT7 26

FY4007 PEN1310 – 1420MKZ AT7 26

Malacca – Kota Bahru

FY4002 MKZ0730 – 0850KBR AT7 246

FY4001 KBR0910 – 1030MKZ AT7 246

http://airlineroute.net/2011/08/16/fy-mkz-w11/

Maybe someone from our members here can join on 19th Nov inaugural flight since it's on weekend day (Saturday). Maybe I will join for MKZ-KBR hopefully.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Maybe someone from our members here can join on 19th Nov inaugural flight since it's on weekend day (Saturday). Maybe I will join for MKZ-KBR hopefully.

Hi Ikman,

If any of you guy is meeting up for the inaugural flight, I will like to join too. :)

I might joint the inaugural MKZ-PEN flight...

Pl help to snap the aerail view of the new runway. Fly twice over melaka but always on the wrong seat. Thanks

Booking for mkz-kbr & mkz-pen cannot be done online.however iit still display the timing of the flight. An email enquiry to them has gone Into thin air.

Booking for mkz-kbr & mkz-pen cannot be done online.however iit still display the timing of the flight. An email enquiry to them has gone Into thin air.

Maybe the 'Sapphire' thingy has took affect. Fireflyz website also look different. All the promotions have been taken off. Does it mean that the inaugural flight will not take off? I also need to check with FF and quire bout my booking. sigh!!

Maybe the 'Sapphire' thingy has took affect. Fireflyz website also look different. All the promotions have been taken off. Does it mean that the inaugural flight will not take off? I also need to check with FF and quire bout my booking. sigh!!

just call the fireflyz call center and inform the flight will not be commencing. after much hoo-haa, they still not serving mkz...Oh Ali rustam..look like MKZ going be real white elephant.

just call the fireflyz call center and inform the flight will not be commencing. after much hoo-haa, they still not serving mkz...Oh Ali rustam..look like MKZ going be real white elephant.

As expected, so sad suddenly no commencing flight. Looks like MKZ will be white elephant for a while.

Latest news from Firefly community airline advertised in MH Going Places Oct 2011 issue, looks like they will operate ATR from Malacca (MKZ) to Batam, Pekanbaru, Medan (in Indonesia) next routes after Penang and Kota Bharu start on 11 Nov. They also plans to set up a full operation support service in Malacca including aircraft maintenance, ground handling, full services and airport ticketing office.

IMG_7996_.jpg

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

If all CMs and MBs had their way I'm pretty sure we'll have like 14 state-owned airlines, which would then have its own launching and then go kaput, vanish before you knew it.