MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
szesyn

Cathay Pacific's New Business Class

I've personally seen the new business class seats and I didn't feel good and comfy by looking at it.. and seat in their 773ER is a joke!

Expecting that from the MH IT department is simply delusional! :blink:

lolx~~~ hahas!! ROFL....perhaps they can outsource it?? although it would be delusional as well.

Josh,

Referring to your signature:

How was UA's First Class flight as compared to MH's ? :huh:

Josh,

Referring to your signature:

How was UA's First Class flight as compared to MH's ? :huh:

I've never actually done MH's long-haul First, so I can only compare UA's First to MH's Business.

UA's international First is not bad. I had a choice of lounge access in SYD at either the NZ business lounge or the SQ first lounge or the SQ business lounge. I went with the NZ lounge because most reports indicated that the NZ lounge was much better than the SQ lounge. You get priority boarding but it's a strange system compared to priority boarding on MH. You get a separate line that allows you to bypass the long queue of economy class passengers but you end up joining the 1 line going into the plane. I've always enjoyed having a completely separate line going all the way to the plane with MH.

The UA First Suite is quite comfortable. It's almost like a private pod but still not private, if you know what I mean. Lots of padding, which makes both sitting and sleeping comfortable. Obviously, there's plenty of legroom but this is comparable to the legroom on MH's Business on the 772. MH's seat is angled lie-flat, which I find the most comfortable of all the angled lie-flats I've tried, but UA's is fully flat, so that wins. There's also a lot more storage space in the US First Suite than the MH Business class seat.

As for on-board service, MH wins hands down. The crew I had on my UA flight were very good too but they can be a bit hit and miss but, luckily for me, they were a hit this time around. As for catering, MH is light-years ahead of UA in every respect (dinnerware, presentation, quality, taste). MH also wins with its comfort amenities. The doonas/duvets on both airlines were very good and comfortable but I think MH's is a better quality. MH's pillows are miles better as well. They're feathered, plump and firm, which is really important for me in getting a good night's sleep. UA's pillows were foam and thin. I needed an extra one but they didn't have any spares because First class was full (from all their upgrades). One last thing. I know most people don't really notice these things but I do and it matters to me. I love the fact that MH provides Nespresso coffee in Business class. Most people don't know about it, so they don't order it. It's cafe quality coffee from a proper espresso machine and it is just wonderful to have this in the morning after an overnight flight. UA only offers Starbucks and I wouldn't even drink that if you paid me. Otherwise, IFE on my UA flight was AVOD with a reasonable selection and a nice big screen. Oh, and you only get a tiny hot towel from UA at the beginning of the flight and before breakfast is served. I remember MH providing decent-sized hot towels several times throughout the flight between KUL and Europe.

Oh, just one very last comment... I was shocked that pre-departure drinks were served in plastic cups. This is First class! I was speechless. Thankfully, that was the only time on the whole flight that I saw plastic cups. MH would be mortified if they served their premium passengers drinks in plastic cups. How UA could even consider serving champagne or wine in a plastic cup in First class is beyond me... :blink:

Any comments on what I've written are welcome! :drinks:

Edited by Josh T

Sign in to follow this