MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Josh T

MH Global Sale!

Has anyone taken advantage of the current sale being offered by MH?

The fares from Australia (for both economy and business) are the cheapest I have ever seen! :yahoo: I'd book more flights if I had more time to travel. Alas, I need to work to pay for my holidays...

hahas!! jackch747!!

I almost dropped to the floor when I did dummy booking for BWN return.....RM277 only!! Ticket prices were RM 14, others are charges and charges!!! O.O....wahahahas!!!

MH is offering a return ticket London - Kuala Lumpur for 2 Pound only (excluding tax and surcharges).

228045_10150186811047340_175282952339_6871710_4469108_n.jpg

OMG ! That's even cheaper then exKUL :o

is the booking system out of order or what???!!! GBP 301 for return flight!!! <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mellow.png" alt=":mellow:"> :rolleyes:

is the booking system out of order or what???!!! GBP 301 for return flight!!! <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mellow.png" alt=":mellow:"> :rolleyes:

It is not an error fare, some of my friends did manage to get the ticket at this price but I think they are all sold out now. The seats are limited to 10,000 only.

The amount of taxes is ridiculous though!

It is not an error fare, some of my friends did manage to get the ticket at this price but I think they are all sold out now. The seats are limited to 10,000 only.

The amount of taxes is ridiculous though!

Hahas!! I know~~ was just teasing MH....congrats to your friends. Its stratling MH is offering such a fare....but the taxes is another story....O.O <_>

The taxes that MH charges seem to be higher compared to other airlines. That's fine with me as longas the total fare is cheaper than other airlines. I've managed to get a business class fare to Paris in August for just over A$4700. I had bought the same tickets at the end of last year for just over $7000! Got that refunded and I'm on the cheaper fare now. I came out just under $2000 ahead. I then managed to get upgraded to the cheap business class fare for another flight to Paris in November. Had intially bought Y class tickets for a little over A$2000 and had to pay an extra $2800 for the promo business class fare. Originally booked into Q class butI don't think they would have allowed the upgrade on a O or L fare. Finally, got a 1-way business class ticket from KUL to SYD in March 2012 for just a little over A$1300! That is simply amazing value! :yahoo: Thank you, MH, for this absolutely fantastic sale!!!!! :clapping:

The second wave of MH's Global sales has been announced. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/deals/deals-of-the-day.html?cid=2534

Booking Period : 13 - 27 Jun 2011

Travel Period : 17 Jun - 30 Sep 2011 (Tokyo/Osaka)

Economy Class

: 20 Jun 2011 - 31 Mar 2012 (Domestic, ASEAN, Orient, North Asia, South Asia, Africa, Americas & Middle East)

: 24 Jun - 26 Jul 2011 (Riyadh)

: 15 Aug 2011 - 31 May 2012 (Australasia)

: 10 Oct 2011 - 31 May 2012 (Europe)

Travel Period : 27 Jun 2011 - 31 Mar 2012 (Domestic, ASEAN)

Business Class

: 17 Jun - 30 Sep 2011 (Tokyo/Osaka)

: 27 Jun 2011 - 31 May 2012 (Australasia, Orient, North Asia, South Asia, Africa, Americas & Middle East)

: 24 Jun - 26 Jul 2011 (Riyadh)

Be careful though !!!

Saw a good deal of Euro359 per one-way AMS-KUL-SGN in January 2012 (or 718 for a return), but the final fare became 1068 for the same return when taxes were added :blink:

Actually, it's prohibited by European/Dutch law to show fares excl. taxes/fees... :finger:

Needless to say, I declined to purchase these Golbal Sale tickets...

Me too...my BWN tickets are like RMXXXX amount of money after taxes and whatever--so-high pax surcharges are added!! :finger: :finger:

May I know what does MH includes in the passengers surcharge?? Its way too high, IMO!! :angry: :angry:

MAS' fare search engine is so user unfriendly and silly... Try booking MEL to HKG, the amount it came back is extraordinary figure such as AUD $4899, who is going to fly with MH in that fare??

Global sale is a bit misleading too. Tried searching their fare it is not cheap at all. MEL to KUL return costs AUD$890 return, while Emirates is running a MEL - KUL deal for AUD $695 return (and they do not display taxes and surcharge separately). My faith went with Emirates.

For the KUL-HKG return sector, I tried MH search engine again. it is all rosy from about MYR 238.00 each sector... until you reached a point where the total figure is MYR 882.00 with tax and surcharge added on (this is so misleading eventhough other carriers do it too). I tried Cathay Pacific's fare to HKG from KUL and it came back as MYR 617 plus taxes and the final amount is MYR 902.00. Taking into consideration of the aircraft and level of entertainment offered (MH flies A330 both ways), I went for CX's offer instead.

Fare total... flying Emirates and CX combination to HKG during Nov... costs me AUD$980. Flying with MH from MEL to HKG (by buying MEL-KUL and KUL-HKG separately) will costs me AUD$1200... The answer I think is pretty clear. Good bye MH :)

Edited by S V Choong

GBP1?! For a second I thought that was an error fare!! That screenshot might come in handy the next time any airline files a mistake fare and refuses to honour, as it should give strength to the argument that with low fare sales like these consumers like ourselves are none the wiser as to whether a fare is an error or genuine fare. ;)

My partner and I took advantage of the first sale for our Easter trip. As posted above, fares out of Australia are amazing. $3410ish per person, tax inclusive (base fare was $2705 so yes a lot of taxes/YQ!) for MEL-xKUL-BKK-xKUL-MLE-KUL-MEL in J - that's only slightly more than a oneworld Circle Asia in whY! And unlike their usual sales which require 2 pax to travel together, these fares could be ticketed individually. Makes me feel a whole lot better about our splurge on the W Retreat & Spa, Maldives!

Easter 2012 might be a world away but when we saw the fares, plans were rapidly drawn up and locked in!

Trying to fly the parents down to MEL for Christmas. They were looking at flying JQ or QF Premium Economy out of SIN. MH J fares once again looking v reasonably priced, might take advantage of that again.

Edited by Keith T

Sign in to follow this