MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hon Kit

KUL 14L in 2011

Then at about 1.40pm, they decided to change runway. Landing at 32L. :finger:

DSC_0404.jpg

A6-EYE. The Eye! :lol:

DSC_0406.jpg

Manchester City FC decided to come and watch the match between Chelsea FC and Malaysia FC. :rofl:

WooWoow nice catch.

Saw this bird on approach 14L today. Finally Egypt Air is back ! Beautiful 77W in new colour

hh_filtered.jpg

( sorry abt the quality. )

Malaysia Airlines A330 (9M-MTE)expected to arrive today around 1300 from Toulouse as MH5433. B738(9M-MXE) might arrive either this Friday or Saturday as MH5473 from Honolulu.

Edited by MIR

My dear Malaysian friends ... if only you know how jealous we are when we see you folks having all that home-based special liveries, all those wonderful Middle-eastern traffic, special liveried planes from Gulf Air, Etihad, all those great stuff of unimaginable liveries going in and out of Subang.

But thanks to Mwings, we too are able to enjoy them ... of course with our skins turning into a shade of green.

Keep those great shots coming ... and if you can, please send A6-EYE to SIN sometime please.

KC Sim

Saw this bird on approach 14L today. Finally Egypt Air is back ! Beautiful 77W in new colour

hh_filtered.jpg

( sorry abt the quality. )

what lens u used....is it heading to Changi ?

Zoom at 200mm. Its heading to KLIA. 3000 feet above my house on ILS 14L

3000 ft = 10 nm. That puts your house somewhere near the Dengkil rest area?

My dear Malaysian friends ... if only you know how jealous we are when we see you folks having all that home-based special liveries, all those wonderful Middle-eastern traffic, special liveried planes from Gulf Air, Etihad, all those great stuff of unimaginable liveries going in and out of Subang.

But thanks to Mwings, we too are able to enjoy them ... of course with our skins turning into a shade of green.

Keep those great shots coming ... and if you can, please send A6-EYE to SIN sometime please.

KC Sim

Hey KC Sim, I just checked Changi Airport and was surprised that only Qatar, Emirates and Etihad Airways fly into Singapore. I though there could have been more.

With whole host of freebies KLIA dishes out for new airlines, it is no wonder more ME airlines fly to KLIA. No worries, A6-EYE will fly to Singapore some time/ any time now.

Being one of the very first plane I caught when I started plane spotting, Mike Mike Xray will always have a special place in my heart.

Past:

dsc0787a.jpg

Current:

dsc9377x.jpg

Caught the Lotus bird head on and also from the back in BKI. Now seen from port. All I need now is the starboard view.

dsc9383u.jpg

EK's B77W from Melboune.

dsc9391.jpg

My first time catching a Qatari plane in the air.

dsc9408f.jpg

My catch of the day :yahoo:

dsc9361x.jpg

Edited by S M Tang

Weather wasn't as good as yesterday but I got what I wanted :)

Always good to catch one of AK's specials.

dsc9449o.jpg

SQ sending in the usual.

dsc9454.jpg

My main target for the day.

dsc9461.jpg

SM Tang, spotting 2 days in a row and 14L actions welcoming you. :good:

Today's weather was quite good towards the afternoon in PJ area. I would expect KUL also the same. :pardon:

You should try some 14L smoky landing shots in the afternoon. :rolleyes:

Good catch for United Airways. :good:

good catch of the United.... :good:

btw.... 9M-AFJ was my ride from AOR last night.... on time departure but arrived KUL 15min early... :blink:

btw.... 9M-AFJ was my ride from AOR last night.... on time departure but arrived KUL 15min early... :blink:

A. Could it be Rwy 14 in use so no need to travel all the way to PD and turn back for 32? :p

B. Windy B)

C. AK speeding =@

SM Tang, spotting 2 days in a row and 14L actions welcoming you. :good:

Today's weather was quite good towards the afternoon in PJ area. I would expect KUL also the same. :pardon:

You should try some 14L smoky landing shots in the afternoon. :rolleyes:

Good catch for United Airways. :good:

It just so happened that I had to send/pickup someone from the airport in the past two days. Gonna make it 3 days in a row tomorrow, sadly, it'll be at night. May I know the location for the smoky landing shots? :pardon:

good catch of the United.... :good:

Most of the flights came in early in the past two days while I was there apart from the MAS birds :rolleyes: EK's bird from MEL came in a full 20-25 minutes earlier yesterday morning.

It just so happened that I had to send/pickup someone from the airport in the past two days. Gonna make it 3 days in a row tomorrow, sadly, it'll be at night. May I know the location for the smoky landing shots? :pardon:

For 14L, go to Ladang and you can see the guide in the pinned thread of KUL spotting.

A. Could it be Rwy 14 in use so no need to travel all the way to PD and turn back for 32? :p

B. Windy B)

C. AK speeding =@

All the above I guess.... but more to C, 'cos saw the crew checked out too... hehee,... just kidding...

Good catches SMT! :good:

Norman, if there is a tailwind, you can actually see planes flying in excess of 1,000 km/h.

Over heard Air Koryo 159 over the radio and check the radar. Saw this Tupolev on 10nm final..

Untitled-2.jpg

This may be the first time (afaik) coming to KUL after many cancellation.

Over heard Air Koryo 159 over the radio and check the radar. Saw this Tupolev on 10nm final..

Untitled-2.jpg

This may be the first time (afaik) coming to KUL after many cancellation.

You listening to WMKK ATC from home? :p

Li Ren, i tuned to Hitz.fm.. :lol:

Now that's a hit!

Thanks to Hon Kit for inviting to KUL for spotting on a Sunday. :drinks:

We waited until this MS77W when the sun decided to take a rest behind some clouds. :rolleyes:

SUGDOw.jpg