MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS Current Fleet Withdrawal Thread

The B744 is such a beautiful plane.

I hope MH makes a decision about the B772 replacements soon (before the end of the year). I suppose the A359 is best suited as it has similar capacity (if not a bit more) to the B772.

Spotted this last Friday. Rego 9M-MRK.

IMG_4858_zps3f56ae4e.jpg

That white car speeding away from the convoy at beginning of video - very severe crabbing at the turn no ? :)

Does anyone know how many of the B772s MH owns (instead of lease)?

MRA all the way through MRQ so 17. Now that 333s have replaced most 772s AUS and NEA routes they don't need as many of those 772s.

Are they the 2 newest ones?

They only need the B772s to cover flights to FRA, AMS, AKL and LAX now that the A380s are covering CDG and LHR. The new A333s will be covering all the Australian cities and Asian destinations. They are currently using the B772 for IST but an A333 can easily cover that. I think they'll really only need 7 or 8 B772s all up.

Edited by Josh T

Yes, those two are MRP and MRQ. MH acquired these 2 aircraft together with 2 B744F, MPR and MPS back from PMB in a later transaction post BTP.

Yes just the last two of 772 belong to MH..and i heard they are about to sell them..

Edited by Syukri

Yes just the last two of 772 belong to MH..and i heard they are about to sell them..

They should be keeping these and refurbishing them!

I think that MH will probably phase out all their triple sevens by 2015-2016. By then, they can start taking delivery of the long range A333s that Airbus have announced last year. I believe MH can excercise their remaining options for this type: http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release-detail/detail/airbus-offers-new-242-tonne-a330-takeoff-weight-capability-to-extend-market-coverage/

Spotted this last Friday. Rego 9M-MRK.

IMG_4858_zps3f56ae4e.jpg

Probably nothing more than major maintenance.. The aircraft involve in Pudong incident is MRO (quite funny, MRO needs MRO hehe :p ) and she's already been flying..

To the extend of removing the tail logo?

Is it just me or is the port side engine missing?

Not just the port engine, the nose cone appears to be missing as well.

They aren't scrapping MRK are they?

I think that MH will probably phase out all their triple sevens by 2015-2016. By then, they can start taking delivery of the long range A333s that Airbus have announced last year. I believe MH can excercise their remaining options for this type: http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release-detail/detail/airbus-offers-new-242-tonne-a330-takeoff-weight-capability-to-extend-market-coverage/

i have the same feeling that MH will end up with this one to replace their 777. Maybe we can expect to hear some announcement after the election :)