MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS Current Fleet Withdrawal Thread

I just hope MAS keeps their 744s around a little longer. :unsure:

After March, they won't be flying anywhere, so they won't be active in the fleet anymore.

Can anyone tell me where the following airframes that have been withdrawn from service are currently stored?

A330

9M-MKF

9M-MKG

9M-MKH

9M-MKI

9M-MKX

B747

9M-MPO

9M-MPQ

Also, when were MKX and MPQ withdrawn from service?

Thanks

Geoff

Can anyone tell me where the following airframes that have been withdrawn from service are currently stored?

A330

9M-MKF

9M-MKG

9M-MKH

9M-MKI

9M-MKX

B747

9M-MPO

9M-MPQ

Thanks

Geoff

Most of the aircraft are stored at Subang Airport, waiting for re-delivery service. There are one or two A330s at KLIA sans livery, but I couldn't get the rego as they were too far away. You may visit Subang Aiport if you can. You'll be in awe how many A330 and B734 are currently undergoing or waiting for redelivery servicing.

MKX last flight should have been end of Oct or early Nov. After that, her flight are zero-ed out. I think MPQ is stored pending refurbishment for charter service. As Lock SH has stated, MH intends to keep two B744 pax for charter services.

There are only 16 B737-400s left but MAS requires only 12 for operation and 1 on maintenance

MQA, B and E

MMA,B,D,F,G,J,K,L,U,W,X,Y and Z

A330

9M-MKF

9M-MKG

9M-MKH

9M-MKI

9M-MKX

B747

9M-MPO

9M-MPQ

Thanks

Geoff

A330

9M-MKF

9M-MKG

9M-MKH

9M-MKI

9M-MKX

9M-MKW

All this a330s at subang....

Malaysia Airlines Plans Limited Boeing 747 Service to Tokyo in Feb 2013

by JL

Update at 0620GMT 07JAN13

As per 07JAN13 GDS timetable and inventory display, Malaysia Airlines during the month of February 2013 is to operate Boeing 747-400 aircraft on Kuala Lumpur – Tokyo Narita route on selected dates. Planned Boeing 747-400 operation as follows.

MH088 KUL2335 – 0715+1NRT 744 04FEB13/05FEB13/08FEB13/09FEB13

MH089 NRT1030 – 1705KUL 744 05FEB13/06FEB13/09FEB13/10FEB13

First Class cabin on Boeing 747-400 aircraft is sold as Business Class on flights mentioned above.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/07/mh-nrt-feb13/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+airlineroutenews+(Airline+Route)

I remember that my first successful upload into A.net was way back in Dec 2001. I took a photo of brand new Papa Oscar on Dec 14, 2001, the night of its arrival from Everett. She was my baby at that time as just the day earlier, i was in the office until around 3am to ensure the final payment went through into Boeing's account before transfer of title took place.

0213557_zps02b80efc.jpg

On December 10, 2012, almost exactly 11 years later, I took the same shot of her on the same tarmac at KLIA Hangar.

10Dec2012_PO_2a_zps9762cb91.jpg

I felt sad to see her in such a state. And i have been told that her disposal to a third party is in progress.

10Dec2012_PO_1a_zps069253ff.jpg

10Dec2012_PO_3a_zps7c2a7c4d.jpg

Good bye Oscar. We are going to miss you. Thank you for all the flights u did for MH. :clapping:

Very touching walk down memory lane T Azahan. I felt the same for MPF as that was my first ride on MH 747-400 series and now it is gone...

Yes Rozhan, very very sad indeed. It was tough at that time as the effect of Asian financial crisis was physically felt. And MH were in restructuring. And i clearly remember the big boss said, "Let other airlines park their brand new Boeings in the desert. But for us, we must pick up every single aircraft to show that we Malaysians will honor the deal in any situation". It was not just MH. It was the reputation of a nation at stake.

Malaysia Airlines A330-322 9M-MKF

Manufacturer series: cn 100.

First delivered: 05/05/1995
Configuration C 44, Y 250
Ferried 27-28/01/2013 Subang Airport to Osaka Kansai International Airport, Japan. Onwards to Portland Int'l Airport, USA. Currently stored at Tupelo Regional Airport for part-out and scrap.

Malaysia Airlines Boeing 747-4H6 - cn 28432 / ln 1247 9M-MPN Pangkor

Spotted this at SZB outside the new Eurocopter facility, still in full livery.

Anyone knows what is happening to her? She is still a relatively new aircraft, delivered on 17-05-2000.

MKH_zpsa87c6cf9.jpg

MKH off to Roswell .

Can I ask.. If anyone knows.. who pilots birds to their graveyards? The airline's pilot or manufacturer's pilot? I know in the case of delivery flights its done by the airline's pilot.. but what about these very last flight of the birds themselves?

What i know is MAS 747 is being flown to ROW by MAS pilots and engineers

Can I ask.. If anyone knows.. who pilots birds to their graveyards? The airline's pilot or manufacturer's pilot? I know in the case of delivery flights its done by the airline's pilot.. but what about these very last flight of the birds themselves?

MH own pilots. 3 of them actually.