MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS Current Fleet Withdrawal Thread

9M-MRG: http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8119028

Together with 9M-MRH, both were flown to Paya Lebar for deregistration and registration to Nxxx plate.

9M-MRJ: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kulszb32r/?fref=ts

Recently spotted doing test flight, maybe next to go.

9M-MRJ is now re-registered under Waha Leasing as 2-MMRJ. Ferried 23 Nov 15 KUL-CHR for storage.

Goodbye MRJ for your many years of glorious service!

Source: Skyliner-aviation.de

Edited by JuliusWong

9M-MRJ is now re-registered under Waha Leasing as 2-MMRJ. Ferried 23 Nov 15 KUL-CHR for storage.

Goodbye MRJ for your many years of glorious service!

Source: Skyliner-aviation.de

Thats the aircraft involved in the tail strike incident right?

I stumbled upon this pilot's Instagram and found something interesting

its a recording of the flight to Spain returning a 777

can you guess which registration is it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/9WXpWNP-Nt/

That would be 9M-MRF. First B777-200ER to be retired after MAB took to the skies.

Meanwhile:

Boeing 777-2H6 cn 28410/ln 78 N284CG CIT Aerospace Ferried 29-30 Nov 2015 KUL-ANC-SBD ex 9M-MRC

San Bernardino International Airport is where many great birds l;aid to rest. JAL has been sending their B777-200 and B777-300 to SBD for scrapping.

the end of an era for MAS B777 fleet, i kinda like it as the seat pitch is the biggest among all the aircraft in MAB fleet. But too bad, aging bird and tough competition by regional peers just killed them off.

9M-MRA is heading somewhere as MH8538, just past Taiwan at the moment. Hopefully it is a Japanese charter or something.

9M-MRA went to Sapporo. Currently on its way back.

9M-,RA is the pride of the B777 fleet. Currently still holding world record. Owned by MAB as well. So we will she her around for some more time, although her days are numbered.

With MH now using one of their A380s for Haj charters, I think that the B777 fleet will disappear very quickly once the CDG and AMS services are suspended. How quickly depends on whether other existing B777 routes switch to the A333 successfully.

With MH now using one of their A380s for Haj charters, I think that the B777 fleet will disappear very quickly once the CDG and AMS services are suspended. How quickly depends on whether other existing B777 routes switch to the A333 successfully.

Which adds another question with the A380's doing Haj/Umrah charters. How would they arrange for packages from places like TGG,AOR,BKI,KCH since the B772 will exit as most of these airports are not really A380 ready while the A333s are dedicated to their long regional routes.

Packages from non-KUL stations are combined with a transit in KUL. The A380 journey begins and ends in KUL.

Note that it is not MH that is selling the Umrah/ Hajj packages to the end client.

The A380 flights to JED and MED are all L.Tabung Haji charters. MH deals with LTH.

The A380 flights to JED and MED are all L.Tabung Haji charters. MH deals with LTH.

I suppose possibility there too that LTH may or may not be utilising MH metal for charters (especially hajj charters) from/to those secondary airports which are non-A380 ready

Note that Malindo is gearing up for JED already :)

Guess the good old days of seeing widebody Haj charter at secondary airports will be rare next year. :lol:

Guess the good old days of seeing widebody Haj charter at secondary airports will be rare next year. :lol:

With BKI T2 now dedicated for general aviation, a single A380 can side parking there. :p

Packages from non-KUL stations are combined with a transit in KUL. The A380 journey begins and ends in KUL.

Note that it is not MH that is selling the Umrah/ Hajj packages to the end client.

Yes, the hub and spoke architecture will be employed again. All those flights will come to KUL and pax will board the A380 from here - MH can offer B738s with high frequencies for this purpose. If LTH does not like this, D7 will be very happy to offer their A333s for direct flights to the holy land.

Hajj charter is usually meant to actually refer to Hajj & Umrah charters. Except for short lull periods (mid Hajj season and immediately post-Hajj season), hajj+umrah is all year round, and umrah is busiest during school holidays and ramadhan.

Hajj charter is usually meant to actually refer to Hajj & Umrah charters. Except for short lull periods (mid Hajj season and immediately post-Hajj season), hajj+umrah is all year round, and umrah is busiest during school holidays and ramadhan.

thanks for the explanation bro. i learned new things. :acute:

so, it's gonna be like 6 months of idle time for the A380 when they off their duty, perhaps that is the best time to deploy it elsewhere.

My personal opinion is launching those A380 for some heavy domestic/regional travel to airport that is A380 ready, i know it sounds stupid from ops perspective but take it as a marketing or promotion work for MAB to showcase their flagship to local audience it shouldn't be too bad of an idea. Who knows you may garner some potential customer from that.

I dont know how you deciphered what I wrote and deduced it to equate 6 months but it it is nowhere close. The two lull periods combined will probably be about 1.5 to 2 months tops. And thats combined.

I dont know how you deciphered what I wrote and deduced it to equate 6 months but it it is nowhere close. The two lull periods combined will probably be about 1.5 to 2 months tops. And thats combined.

haha... i just simply assuming.... i thought it was longer, now i know it's 2 months max. meaning the whales are spending 10 months of good time in the hangar or sunbathing if it's not deployed elsewhere once the hajj mission is complete for them.

I don't think you understood what I'm saying.

1.5 to 2.0 months combined duration of the lull period where there are no Umrah or Hajj flight activities. Zero Hajj or Umrah dedicated flights during this period. Nil, zilch.

Hence, contrary to your understanding, aircraft used for Hajj/ Umrah flights can operate such flights for circa 10 months in a 12-month period.

Thus, the tan from your "sunbathing" may not be as dark as you anticipated.