MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS Current Fleet Withdrawal Thread

Malaysia Airlines operates/ operated several series of B737-400.

9M-MJA till 9M-MJS [-MJL was not used] and older 9M-MLA till 9M-MLL series were leased B734 with customer code Q8, S3, Y0, 76, 05

9M-MMA till 9M-MMZ were bought new with H6 code.

9M-MQA till 9M-MQO were bought new with H6 code.

9M-MQP and 9M-MQQ were leased B734 with customer code 6J and Y0 respectively.

9M-MFA till 9M-MFI were B737-5H6. All B735 left MAS fleet in October 2000.

Thanks for the comprehensive info, Julius.

Would you also happen to have the info on the MH A300 fleet?

Thanks for the comprehensive info, Julius.

Would you also happen to have the info on the MH A300 fleet?

You are welcome.

Malaysia is one of the many first airlines in Asia to use it. In total, Malaysia Airlines operated six A300B4: one -103 and five -203. Bought four, leased two.

The first A300B4 bought by MAS arrived on 30-10-1979 as 9M-MHA. Four was bought carrying the registrations 9M-MHA till 9M-MHD. Delivery commenced from 1979 till 1981. MAS also leased F-BGVM from Air France in mid 1988 for about three weeks.

In addition, it also leased an A300B4-103 from SAS OY-KAA in 1983. This was the A300B4 that crashed on approach to KL after a short flight from Singapore. All 247 pax and crew were safe, but the aircraft was a write-off.

9M-MHD was the first to exit the fleet in Nov 1994 on lease to Air Maldives. It was returned to MH in Nov 96. It was sold onwards to First Security Bank of Utah. The first three A300B4 were offloaded to Carnival Air as N224KW, N225KW and N226KW respectively in 1994 till 1995.

Edited by JuliusWong

Very comprehensive history of the A300 fleet, Julius! Thanks for sharing! :)

I know one of the survivors of the crash into the oil palm plantation. If it had happened today, I am sure the casualty count will be huge!

Very comprehensive history of the A300 fleet, Julius! Thanks for sharing! :)

I know one of the survivors of the crash into the oil palm plantation. If it had happened today, I am sure the casualty count will be huge!

I also know one of the survivors. Was a golf pro/coach called V.Nellan - a family friend, and the only thing that survived the crash from his golf bag was his 4 iron. On a side note, this guy for a while actually taught the Sultan of Brunei, and has accompanied him on the famous V8-ALI to a golf trip somewhere.

9M-MKE operating as MH2616 way back in Feb 2010. Those time MH would always deploy A332 on Saturday. One of the last widebody to be deployed to BKI on scheduled basis.

1665318_zps1237a640.jpg

Edited by Waiping

Still in Subang waiting for a buyer.

Thanks Ahmad for the update. I won't be surprised if she is not included in the same package sold as her other sisters. All of them went to Tupelo, US to be scrapped.

The early frames are not as efficient and capable as the current ones. Furthermore, PW engines are not really a favourite - so there may not be many takers... I wonder why MH did not try to sell them to Iran Air?

The early frames are not as efficient and capable as the current ones. Furthermore, PW engines are not really a favourite - so there may not be many takers... I wonder why MH did not try to sell them to Iran Air?

Yes, I agree. However, I was asking why didn't MH include 9M-MKA with other 9M-MKC-MKJ A333 which were sent earlier for scrapping.

I don't think Malaysia want to risk her relationship with USA and EU by selling those A330 to Iran.

Edited by JuliusWong

Heck, but the new A330s are still PW powered! :blink:

Heck, but the new A330s are still PW powered! :blink:

PW yes but updated. PW 4168 on the old birds and PW 4170 on the MT series.

I wonder if MPO is on lease or sold to Iraqi?

Sold, according to a PMB official I met recently.

A few questions regarding the withdrawal from service of A330s.

9M-MKA still stored at Subang?

Did 9M-MKD go to Tupelo for scrapping?

Where are 9M-MKI and 9M-MKJ?

Geoff

A few questions regarding the withdrawal from service of A330s.

9M-MKA still stored at Subang?

Did 9M-MKD go to Tupelo for scrapping?

Where are 9M-MKI and 9M-MKJ?

Geoff

MKA, MKI and MKJ are still in Subang but MKJ will leave for Tupelo in December. MKD was sent to Tupelo earlier in the year, in fact you can still see some parts of it lying around the storage area over there.

Boeing 747 -4H6 28428 1150 9M-MPL Malaysia Airlines ferried 01-02dec13 KUL-HNL-VCV for storage

Boeing 737 -4H6 27476 2877 464SA Malaysia Airlines ferried KUL-BIK-MAJ-JRF-BFL-DHN 28 - 30-11-2013 for storage

MKA, MKI and MKJ are still in Subang but MKJ will leave for Tupelo in December. MKD was sent to Tupelo earlier in the year, in fact you can still see some parts of it lying around the storage area over there.

Thanks for the update Ahmed

Air Britain News reports that:

9M-MPM, MPN, MPP and MPQ have had the following German marks reserved D-APHA, APHC, APHB and APHD respectively.

Geoff

Formerly Malaysia Airlines B747-4H6 9M-MPB cn 25699/965. Now AerSale N780AS

• Named "Shah Alam"
  • Painted in "Hibiscus" special cs 07-2005 till 05-2008.
  • Withdrawn from use and ferried KUL-SZB 09-04-2012 for storage.
  • Stored at Roswell 17-12-2012

ib0y.jpg

She was stored together with her sister Malaysia Airlines B747-4H6 9M-MPF cn 27043/1017. Now active with Air Atlanta Icelandic TF-AAG, leased to SAUDIA

• Named "Kota Bharu"
  • Withdrawn from use and ferried KUL-SZB 06-02-2012 for storage.
  • Stored at Roswell 02-10-2012 as N774AS.
  • Ferried on 24 - 25-08-2013 on delivery lease to SAUDIA as TF-AAG

4v5e.jpg

jb8r.jpg

Copyright Raihan Ahmad

Credit: David Osborn http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroprints/8736649070/in/photostream/