MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS Current Fleet Withdrawal Thread

Former Malaysia Airlines B737-4H6 9M-MQJ

Delivered to MH on 01/11/1994, onwards to Pacific Airlines 06/2007 as VN-A190

Ferried on 25-26/08/2012 Dubai- Cairo- Budapest for storage prior to cargo conversion

Source: Skyliner-aviation.de, planespotters.net

The former 9M-MMM, now N146PA arrived today in Honolulu in a very sorry looking state. It is enroute to MIA from KUL via ROR, MAJ, HNL and OAK.

I wonder if she will reappear in Shaheen colours as her sistership -MQC recently did.

(info from HNLrarebirds)

Former Malaysia Airlines B737-4H6 9M-MMM

Delivered to MH on 08/01/1993, onwards to Bank of Utah 21/02/2012 N146PA

Ferried on 27/08/2012 Balboa, Panama to Miami International Airport.

Source: Skyliner-aviation.de, planespotters.net

MH planning to go all Airbus fleet? (except Boeing 738 of course).......

I hate this. Somehow, I noticed my rides on Boeings are more comfortable thn the Airbuses.

Have flown MH 380 Business Class; though the amenities are good but the ambience comfort within the cabins of the tripple 7s and the Queen still prevails .

Having seen the Dreamliner. It is clear that Boeing do consider the comfort rather thn Size.

The truth is Size does matters to some , but it's how you "do" it makes it more enjoyable.

IMO, when it comes to comfort, it really depends on the airlines. I prefer A330/A340 over 777 due to less seat per row, unless you travel with AirAsia X of course.

Even with 787, only a handful (so far only JAL and NH) installed 8 seats per row, while others have/will put 9 abreast.

Have flown MH 380 Business Class; though the amenities are good but the ambience comfort within the cabins of the tripple 7s and the Queen still prevails .

I was under the impression that the A380's much quieter than the 777, hence the ambience is much better?

Even with 787, only a handful (so far only JAL and NH) installed 8 seats per row, while others have/will put 9 abreast.

Last I heard BA's 787s will be 8-abreast as well. Dunno if it'll actually happen though.

I was under the impression that the A380's much quieter than the 777, hence the ambience is much better?

It's the cabin ceiling .... The A380 upper deck is small just like the standard 330/340s with smallish windows . .... U feel catasphrobic ! Nice concealing headsets does help .... Regardless if it's ATR72, 777 or A380 .

The A380 is infinitely quieter than the B777. The A330 is alo quieter than the B777. I'm often reminded and impressed by how quiet the A330 is!

Today, the following:

Kuala Lumpur-London-Kuala Lumpur Flights MH4 & 1/13 Sept Retimed

Malaysia Airlines flight MH4/13 September 2012 scheduled to depart Kuala Lumpur at 10.05am and arrive London the same day at 3.55pm has now been retimed.It is rescheduled to depart Kuala Lumpur at 10.55pm/13 September 2012 and is expected to arrive London tomorrow at 5.05am on 14 September 2012.The original return flight MH1/13 September 2012 from London, scheduled to depart at 10.00pm and arrive Kuala Lumpur the next day at 5.25pm is also retimed.

It is now rescheduled to depart London at 10.05am on 14 September 2012 and arrive Kuala Lumpur at 5.30am the next day, 15 September 2012.

Customers are encouraged to check latest update through ‘Flight Status’ page, or call Malaysia Airlines’ 24-hours Global Call Centre at 1 300 88 3000 (from within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (from outside Malaysia)

A 12hr+ delay at base. Does this mean that MH doesnt really have spare 744s, despite the few that one sees parked in remote bays around KUL? I know they are on their way out, but you still see at least two, three or more sitting around.

With so few 388 in the fleet, they are bound to face similar problem with flights operated by the 388 too.

With so few 388 in the fleet, they are bound to face similar problem with flights operated by the 388 too.

I know you may be stating a separate fact, but just so we are on the same page, MH4 & MH 1 are operated by 744s.

I know you may be stating a separate fact, but just so we are on the same page, MH4 & MH 1 are operated by 744s.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Just saying that they will face similar problem too with their 388 operated flights as there are so few of them :drinks:

Old news, but didn't realize this until today.

As per 05SEP12 GDS timetable and inventory display, Malaysia Airlines continues to phase out Boeing 737-400 aircraft. These narrow-body aircraft are being replaced by the newer -800 aircraft. A number of routes will see changes from -400 to -800 during Winter 2012/13 season, includes the following (respective earliest replacement date included).

Kota Kinabalu – Labuan – Kuala Lumpur 29NOV12

Kota Kinabalu – Sandakan 15NOV12 (1 of 2 daily. 2nd daily replacement from 22DEC12)

Kota Kinabalu – Taipei 15NOV12

Kota Kinabalu – Tawau 22DEC12

Kuala Lumpur – Bangkok 19FEB13 (All service operated by 737-800 from this date)

Kuala Lumpur – Medan 22DEC12 (All service operated by 737-800 from this date)

Kuala Lumpur – Sibu 22DEC12

Kuching – Bintulu 12JAN13

Kuching – Miri 22DEC12

Kuching – Sibu 12JAN13

Planned effective dates for Boeing 737-800 starting to replace -400 on all operations remain subject to change.

http://airlineroute..../05/mh-738-w12/

Edited by Radzi

MAS has postponed the retirement of the 744. One of the two SYD daily flights will continue to be served by a 744 until March 1st next year.

MAS has postponed the retirement of the 744. One of the two SYD daily flights will continue to be served by a 744 until March 1st next year.

I don't know how they are going to manage by just flying three types in the future , namely A380, B738 and A333...

Edited by S V Choong

MKD has been send for retirement to KPDX / Portland International.

Malaysia Airlines A330-322 9M-MKD

Manufacturer series: cn 073.

First delivered: 24/03/1995

Configuration C 44, Y 250

Ferried 15/10/2012 Subang Airport to New Chitose Airport, Japan. Onwards to Portland Int'l Airport, USA. Currently stored at Tupelo Regional Airport for part-out and scrap.

Edited by JuliusWong

Malaysia Airlines A330-322 9M-MKD

Manufacturer series: cn 073.

First delivered: 24/03/2005 1995 :)

Configuration C 44, Y 250

Ferried 15/10/2012 Subang Airport to New Chitose Airport, Japan. Onwards to Portland Int'l Airport, USA. Currently stored at Tupelo Regional Airport for part-out and scrap.

Tupelo, Roswell - isn't there a scrapping centre closer to home?

They've scrapped aircraft in SZB, KUL and even KCH.

But probably the aircraft was sold to somebody, and the new owner is the one doing the scrapping. Not just scrapping but a lot of the parts are salvaged and recycled.

Former Malaysia Airlines B737-4H6 9M-MMI:

Delivery date: 05-11-1992

Configuration: C16, Y 128

Ferry flight: 22nd-24th October 2012 Subang > Sharjah > Istanbul > London Gatwick > Kemble for storage.