MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jahur

Prebooked food on AK.

Found this on Youtube it was pretty funny and embarrassing for Air Asia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGWn8JMe_JE&feature=related

Have any of you guys ever flew on AK or D7 and somehow faced shortage of food even when u have prebooked the meal online? If so you are free to share your experience over here :rofl:

Hope Air Asia will improve catering services.

I doubt it was that they didn't get their prebooked meal. It is always recommended for you to prebook your meals online if you decide to eat. Food on board will be limited and there is no assurance or guarantee that everyone will be able to buy their preferred meal on board.

Think of it this way, preloading stacks and stacks of meal on board for a certain sector and only one person decides to purchase food. Not too cost worth right? Moral of the story, prebook.

I had my flights from SZX to BKI on last 2 years, since i didn't book any meals. The meals all sold out, left Maggie bowl. (Luckily I'm the last one get the Maggie Bowl) Others get Maggie cup only :(

I had my flights from SZX to BKI on last 2 years, since i didn't book any meals. The meals all sold out, left Maggie bowl. (Luckily I'm the last one get the Maggie Bowl) Others get Maggie cup only :(

At least you got something to eat the video shown here is problematic as those who prebooked their meals online could not get their meals as there was not enough for everyone. I ever faced this on my trip to KUL from BKI my so called Nasi Lemak was not available at that time and other choices was running out but a 2.5hour flight is still okay compared to the videos 5Hours with nothing to eat :angry:

At least you got something to eat the video shown here is problematic as those who prebooked their meals online could not get their meals as there was not enough for everyone. I ever faced this on my trip to KUL from BKI my so called Nasi Lemak was not available at that time and other choices was running out but a 2.5hour flight is still okay compared to the videos 5Hours with nothing to eat :angry:

Prebooked meals not available? Too poor to produce prebooked meals or inflight meals? :rofl: Somehow cant get noodle cup lolx.

Wrong flight for that to happen cos I recognize one of the faces.

She does prebook the meals. This I know for a fact cos she has done it for me and has never failed to do it for her Clients.

Edited by Tim Lee

So for those who have prebooked but didnt get the meal, do you get your money back?

I personally pack a big mac and nuggets everytime i fly AK. Screw the catering.

So for those who have prebooked but didnt get the meal, do you get your money back?

Nope not onboard but we can request for refund, just have to write a complaint that was what the FA told me <_>

For short flights, who gives a hoot about food!

Anyway, I've heard the story about how a makcik got yelled at by an AK crew for eating outside food on the plane. Any truth to that story?

You were lucky if you have to choose between Kit-kat or Oreos. Usually on the last flight for the day there would be a short supply of food. I flew on AK on numerous occasion last flight BKI - KUL or vv and most of the time there is no more food left. My company also practice no-frills so we don't get no pre-book meals.

Nope not onboard but we can request for refund, just have to write a complaint that was what the FA told me <_>

So they charge you RM10 for handling fee? :D

For short flights, who gives a hoot about food!

Anyway, I've heard the story about how a makcik got yelled at by an AK crew for eating outside food on the plane. Any truth to that story?

Who gives a hoot? the people who pre-booked their meal and spent hard earned cash, that's who. who cares short flight or long flight. if lapar, lapar lah!

i heard of many people who got a mouthful for bringing in outside food. me, ive never gotten such treatment. maybe because i can gobble up a big mac in 3 minutes...

heck no hahaha i don't really bother much cuz i was not that hungry that time hahaha if i was i think i would've stock up some MCD double cheese burger at LCCT :good:

Who gives a hoot? the people who pre-booked their meal and spent hard earned cash, that's who. who cares short flight or long flight. if lapar, lapar lah!

i heard of many people who got a mouthful for bringing in outside food. me, ive never gotten such treatment. maybe because i can gobble up a big mac in 3 minutes...

Apart from mouthful, what else can AK do to pax consuming own food? Ban him from future AK flight? Throw him out of the door? Forcefully remove his food? Tie up his hand?

Actually the FAs will disappear into the galley after meal service...so if you eat then I don't think they will see you.

Somehow I don't get the point to shout and indirectly embarrass those cabin crews on board, especially the 'cameraman'. It's not their fault either ;)

Somehow I don't get the point to shout and indirectly embarrass those cabin crews on board, especially the 'cameraman'. It's not their fault either ;)

Somehow you are right about completly missing the point.

The cameraman is not trying to embarass the cabin crew but rather to show his and the rest of the group's dissatisfaction with the airline. They are not blaming the crew. If you listen to the audio, you will hear the airline name and even the CEO of the airline being mentioned. I do not believe there was any reference made of the crew.

Unfortunately, the cabin crew is the front line representative of the airline and they do bear the brunt of the passengers' dissatisfaction. It is the hazzard of the job of all front liners, from check-in, call center, ticketing, traffic, et al. In the video clip, the inclusion of the cabin crew is merely to clearly identify the airline thru their uniform.

Edited by Mohd Saat

Sign in to follow this