MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ikman Ikreza

Terengganu Wants To Be AirAsia's East Coast Hub

Why not? GLCs have proven time and again to be secretive and non-transparent - this encourages public speculation. Besides, everyone is free to have their own opinion.

Anyway, this is way off topic now. So will not comment on it further.

LOL. looking at the past again. cant argue with that buddy. personally id rather look forward, learn from the past. not whine at the past.

Anyway, back to topic. stryker has got a good point down there. Road infrastructure first. anyone who has driven KBR-TGG-KUA-JHB knows exactly the quality of roads up down the east coast...and its dangerous too.

LOL. looking at the past again. cant argue with that buddy. personally id rather look forward, learn from the past. not whine at the past.

Anyway, back to topic. stryker has got a good point down there. Road infrastructure first. anyone who has driven KBR-TGG-KUA-JHB knows exactly the quality of roads up down the east coast...and its dangerous too.

How much can we expect from old wine in new bottle?

....anyone who has driven KBR-TGG-KUA-JHB knows exactly the quality of roads up down the east coast...and its dangerous too.....

Says who? Have you?

I have, as recently as 3 weeks ago. And too many times over many years to mention.

I will always find the coastal road from TGG to KUA as one of the most scenic roads and enjoyable drives in Malaysia.

I have driven on the coastal road from Johor Bahru, Mersing, Rompin, Pekan, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kerteh and onto Kota Bahru. I find it no more dangerous than any other roads in Malaysia.

Having driven extensively almost all over the world, I can attest that there are other more "advanced" countries with more appalling road conditions than Malaysia.

So lets not put ourselves down.

Says who? Have you?

I have, as recently as 3 weeks ago. And too many times over many years to mention.

I will always find the coastal road from TGG to KUA as one of the most scenic roads and enjoyable drives in Malaysia.

I have driven on the coastal road from Johor Bahru, Mersing, Rompin, Pekan, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kerteh and onto Kota Bahru. I find it no more dangerous than any other roads in Malaysia.

Having driven extensively almost all over the world, I can attest that there are other more "advanced" countries with more appalling road conditions than Malaysia.

Says me. and yes i have, many many times too, as recent as about 5 weeks ago (not as recent as you, but doubt anything has changed since). Not putting anyone down, but just putting out facts.

Agree its scenic, one of the best looking views around are on the TGG-KUA coastal roads. BUT, it is small, crowded, riddled with blind corners and overtaking daredevils doing last minute stunts. Yes, a lot of other countries have worse roads, but why set yourself on benchmark for lower standards?

Doing the jerangau-jabur felda road is an alternative to reach TGG but that one is also dark, riddled with trucks, cows, and lacking in breakdown support.

Larger roads, with higher speed bends (lower radii) and more overtaking spots if not dual carriage way are needed. Then more people would enjoy the scenery dont you think? plus, it gives Terengganu gom chance to really develop tourist spots along the way like Marang, beaches along dungun, etc.

Please come visit us here in Sabah :lol:

Well some people just assume its old wine, but the truth is that they're looking from across the road from the liquor store.

Given how MRT project is awarded, one need not taste the wine to find out.

Larger roads, with higher speed bends (lower radii) and more overtaking spots if not dual carriage way are needed. Then more people would enjoy the scenery dont you think? plus, it gives Terengganu gom chance to really develop tourist spots along the way like Marang, beaches along dungun, etc.

the phase II East Coast Expressway (KUA-TGG) should be completed just in time before next GE.

Given how MRT project is awarded, one need not taste the wine to find out.

That one can smell the rotten wine from across the street :) off topic. different wine, different smell and taste. Just saying, its just sad to see people assuming all the time. oh well.

the phase II East Coast Expressway (KUA-TGG) should be completed just in time before next GE.

Yes, and looking fwd to it! definitely will be good for KUL-KUA-TGG travelers, but not so good for interior terengganu folks who live along dungun, paka, marang, rantau abang, etc. As per earlier post, the coastal road still provides the best experience, can stop at so many places and beaches, so much keropok to eat.

connecting this back to topic, with completion of LPT phase2, there is even less need for an air hub in TGG. can make it to TGG from KUL in 6 hours maybe?

Please come visit us here in Sabah :lol:

Yes I have been to and driven in Sabah. I have driven a 4WD into the jungle where there is only a trace of a path outside KK.

Worked in Kuching in 1977 and first went to Sabah in 1978 (befoer many here were even born). Last I went to KK was in Oct last year. And the roads aren't that bad there. They can be better planned but unless the city is built on a greenfield site, it is impossible to fix all the problems without drastic measures.

So I seen them grow. Unlike you, I will still not put ourselves down.

connecting this back to topic, with completion of LPT phase2, there is even less need for an air hub in TGG. can make it to TGG from KUL in 6 hours maybe?

as a TGG-ian, im looking forward to it also, in fact one of the exit will around 1km away from my family's house..

i guess Said's intention is to get regional flights connecting TGG direct with major ASEAN cities. But again, at this point of time, i don't see the viability of this..

The best thing that they can do is change the airport name, to "Kuala Terengganu International Hub". That way all airport can become a hub.

Not clear as to what you've seen grow :)

Like Azman, I too am just alluding to some of the bad road conditions we have over here, possibly offering you an insight. You may possibly acquire a different viewpoint if you need to endure this on a daily basis, not the occasional adventure trip. But then again, you may not

Unlike you, I do not consider voicing out our deficiencies as 'putting ourselves down' - unless we acknowledge fact there are deficiencies, we cannot start to improve. Neither will we improve if we keep benchmarking against those worse off than us, again in agreement with Azman here

Acknowledge we've gone way O/T already - sorry :pardon:

Yes I have been to and driven in Sabah. I have driven a 4WD into the jungle where there is only a trace of a path outside KK.

Worked in Kuching in 1977 and first went to Sabah in 1978 (befoer many here were even born). Last I went to KK was in Oct last year. And the roads aren't that bad there. They can be better planned but unless the city is built on a greenfield site, it is impossible to fix all the problems without drastic measures.

Might not be bad around KK, as soon as one takes a drive outside of the vicinity of the township. It is a different story altogether. Was there last November, having been driven all the way to Sandakan from Tawau, I would pretty much agree with Azman and BC Tam. It is still better than a number of years ago... and especially the days where we Sabahans voted a different (the wrong) government.. Cough Cough...

Lack of maintenance seems to be the issue...

The best thing that they can do is change the airport name, to "Kuala Terengganu International Hub". That way all airport can become a hub

:good:

Edited by S V Choong

The best thing that they can do is change the airport name, to "Kuala Terengganu International Hub". That way all airport can become a hub.

I dont think they will carry down the Sultan's name from the airport's name.

Sign in to follow this