MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Abdul Rahman Hussin

Flying On a B747

Hmm...I am still thinking about the exact question since this was posted on a Aviation Collectibles thread.

The nearest is probably on Lufthansa from KUL - BKK vv. Other than that the ones I can think of would be Hajj flight and National Service movement.

Waiping : wakakakakak~!~ :rofl: i oso cant understand the question

Rahman : or else u can take KLM from KUL-CGK....

Edited by Shariful

At the moment nearest routes u can try airlines as Waiping suggest B747 Lufthansa (KUL - BKK). Rahman, last time KLM for KUL-CGK using B747 but now they changed to B772 or B773.

Aha, maybe should be moved to GA thread :D

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

welll...another option is to purchase a B747 .... pardon.gif

Actually what you really need is the rating to fly it. You can own a B747, but if you don't have the type rating, you still can't fly it.

or else i can borrow u my B747-400, u can fly anywhere n anytime~ kekekek~

lots of very funny fellows here...anyway, thanks for the info guys.Regards

go oversea lah, uk, aussie, japan ke

I did in 2006 but with Emirates in an Airbus A330

welll...another option is to purchase a B747 .... pardon.gif

hey, i'm a school teacher la...what am i going to do with a mammoth like that?

Hmm...I am still thinking about the exact question since this was posted on a Aviation Collectibles thread.

The nearest is probably on Lufthansa from KUL - BKK vv. Other than that the ones I can think of would be Hajj flight and National Service movement.

Thanks buddy

poor chap !

Oh...pity me Gavin,now this is one feller who knows what I want.Thanks Gavin

or else i can borrow u my B747-400, u can fly anywhere n anytime~ kekekek~

ha...ha...ha..greatest joke so far.Just can't imagine what's goin to happen.I can turn the whole airport into tsunami like zone

Hi Abdul Rahman,

You can do the following if you own a B747

1) Bring your school kids for an educational tour aboard a B747 and teach them a thing or two about aviation.

2) Round the world anytime anywhere u like

3) I think everyone will agree here....bring MW members for a shooting spree to several airport locations......yahoo.gif

It seems that based on scheduled flights, LH KUL-BKKvv will be your easiest option. But u will need to spend the nite at BKK as the flight arrives late. The fare if u book early, the fare can be relatively cheap. Check it out online.

And from BKK, I think TG uses 744s to domestic destinations like Phuket or to HKG where the fare can be very competitive. And from HKT or HKG, try to shop for cheap fares back to KUL.

Separately, I think GA uses 744 on the CGK-MES route. Just chk the schedules. From KUL, u can get cheap fares to CGK on KLM. From MES, I think there are several options to PEN or KUL.

Hi Abdul Rahman,

You can do the following if you own a B747

1) Bring your school kids for an educational tour aboard a B747 and teach them a thing or two about aviation.

2) Round the world anytime anywhere u like

3) I think everyone will agree here....bring MW members for a shooting spree to several airport locations......yahoo.gif

Very good Raymund but I think I better put my money elsewhere

It seems that based on scheduled flights, LH KUL-BKKvv will be your easiest option. But u will need to spend the nite at BKK as the flight arrives late. The fare if u book early, the fare can be relatively cheap. Check it out online.

And from BKK, I think TG uses 744s to domestic destinations like Phuket or to HKG where the fare can be very competitive. And from HKT or HKG, try to shop for cheap fares back to KUL.

Separately, I think GA uses 744 on the CGK-MES route. Just chk the schedules. From KUL, u can get cheap fares to CGK on KLM. From MES, I think there are several options to PEN or KUL.

Very informative of u Musrif,thanks a lot.KLM is now using B777's from KUL.Seems that the 747 now is used only for cargo

I believe sometimes MH uses B744 for domestic routes during festive season

Mebbe.MH doesn't provide aircraft details like what KLM does in their website.Then they might change type of aircraft at the last minute

KLM no longer use the B747 for the KUL-CGK sector. They have stopped that a few years ago; now they are flying B777 for the sector.

There are some times where they use the jumbo on National service routes ? when they are sending out the participants , but this one , also depends on luck , they might change aircraft at the last minute

LH 74 is your best bet

Be fast , she's fading away fast :)

Gavin,

Didn't they order 747-800's ?

So, 747's in LH colours should be around some time... :pardon:

Very informative of u Musrif,thanks a lot.KLM is now using B777's from KUL.Seems that the 747 now is used only for cargo

That I know. I was suggesting to you a value-for-money option to get to CGK to position yourself for a GA domestic flight on the 744.

Take a KUL - LHR flight on MH before the A380 comes. Sure bet it will be on a B744.

Gavin,

Didn't they order 747-800's ?

So, 747's in LH colours should be around some time... :pardon:

Hope they will consider a rebranding , current c/s looks very ' dry '

Sign in to follow this