MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Benjamin Ho

Video - Zurich, Summer time

Not sure if anyone posted this, but its truly a very good video:

Now... how can I apply for ground crew job?

Ben-G

It may look fun, but trust me it's very tiring work, especially here in Malaysia. I've spent half a day on the tarmac at KLIA and at the end I got home and fell flat on the bed!

The heat will definitely break you down

I'm sure Sri Ramani K. can shed some light on this

This is a splendid video taken on a splendid day! I wish everyday was/is like this. Unfortunately, it isn't. There are days when it rains like cats and dogs and you're still out there to rough it out and get the aircraft out. There are days when the ground temperature can get up to 40 degrees C with heat from the atmosphere, aircraft packs, APU & engines that fry you up. There are also days when you are halfway attending an aircraft and rain starts to pour all of a sudden and you can't leave to get your raincoats until the aircraft is out. There are also days when we're covered in hydraulic oil, fuel, grease, dirt, etc.

My take? It's all part and parcel of the job, be it an engineering staff, or a tow-truck driver or even a cargo handler. If you think this is your dream job, then go for it. There are no regrets at all for sure. :good:

Very informative. If only they extend the durations of the video...

Can have extra fix here :) :

nyaman video tok.

From the video I just realise that the wide body aircraft front landing gear is lifted during pushback and slowly put back on ground when reach the targeted position. wow. How bout B737 n A320?

That is done using a towbar-less tractor. Can be done for any aircraft as long as the towbarless tractor is rated for that specific type. Normal convention way is using a towtruck and a towbar. :drinks:

That is done using a towbar-less tractor. Can be done for any aircraft as long as the towbarless tractor is rated for that specific type. Normal convention way is using a towtruck and a towbar. :drinks:

There was a documentary about one of the tractor drivers on the local swiss TV. The film crew interviewed and followed her around one morning. She's a real country bumpkin. At the end of it her radio cracked "hoi Mausi (little mouse), they are waiting for you at E32!". Then she hollered back "ya, ya I'm on my way. They can't leave without me hahaha". Then she told the camera crew, "ok, gotta go. 340 to Cairo, usually light load. Bye". And off she went. Quite funny.

Hot in Malaysia... but here sometimes it can be minus 20 degrees in winter...

Can have extra fix here :) :

First class quality videos !!! :good:

Doc, what's wrong with the United landing ? Cannot see why it's included in the 'deleted' landings... :huh:

Ehhh is a story to be continued?? Apa cerita?

At 5.00 of vidoe, the front tow-truck has SQ logo, so own/chartered by SIA for their Dugong, not Swissport?