MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Lau

Kuching International Airport Low Cost Carrier Terminal (Kuching LCCT)

Seriously? Is there any need for the 2nd terminal in KCH? Even the current one is under utilized,from my view :nea:

The terminals could be under-utilized, but surely there is a lot of money to be made from the construction.

Well it was in the budget tabled recently, no?

Edited by Waiping

None that was highlighted for KCH

Dunno if anything has been allocated in Sarawak state budget though :)

Nope; heard nothing from it as far as i heard,and it wasn't mentioned in the State Assembly Sitting Hansard as well.

..... and the terminal will be completed within 18 months

and this looks like a job for ........ paging, paging - Ting Ting Ting :D

and this looks like a job for ........ paging, paging - Ting Ting Ting :D

Ting is so yesterday.

Now it is the season of Light of Eyes.

Many people would complain and shout about how or why KCH needs a new terminal. For me the current terminal is under-utilized except for certain hours of the day. And even if they wanted to expand the existing terminal it would be hard to do because from what I see, we do not have enough space. What with the DCA buildings on the left and the general aviation area on the right. So the proper solution would be to build a new one. Perhaps we Sarawakians should see this from a different POV. New terminal allows perhaps new routes and more passenger handling capacity, thus boosting tourism in the long run. But for the matter of maintaining those routes will be a different story. AirAsia, MAHB and the state government must have a plan to keep the whole thing future-proof. But even so, I am happy and I approve of the idea of a new terminal. Perhaps new spotting areas in the future. :acute:

If MAHB wants to learn a thing or two about how to design airports, they should visit Japan. Everything there works, even for plane spotters! :)

New terminal allows perhaps new routes and more passenger handling capacity, thus boosting tourism in the long run. But for the matter of maintaining those routes will be a different story. AirAsia, MAHB and the state government must have a plan to keep the whole thing future-proof. But even so, I am happy and I approve of the idea of a new terminal. Perhaps new spotting areas in the future. :acute:

Well attracting tourists is not just about capacity - just look at KLIA's LCCT. It was designed for 15m pax but now it is handling more than 20m. If there are things for people to come for, they will come even if the airport is lousy. Another good example is the super inconvenient and congested LHR.

I think Sarawak has a lot to offer to both tourists and businessmen. If the Sarawak and Fed Govt. can put more priority in developing the state to make it a dynamic place, I am sure everyone will want to visit. Then, justifying a mega airport like Dubai will be no problem!

Now it is the season of Light of Eyes.

Light = Cahaya

Eyes = Mata

Cahaya Mata = Children

Kiddies festival ?! :lol:

Then, justifying a mega airport like Dubai will be no problem!

Possible conflict of interest though, since our Sabah CM has indicated ambition of attaining "next Dubai" status :D

re: http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=87249

Edited by BC Tam

More like LCCT for temporary aircraft storage. So where do you fly from KCH? PNK?

Light = Cahaya

Eyes = Mata

Cahaya Mata = Children

Kiddies festival ?! :lol:

I believe Captain Radzi is referring to Cahaya Mata Sarawak (CMS) the conglomerate linked to Sarawak's White Haired Mafia Boss Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

I believe Captain Radzi is referring to Cahaya Mata Sarawak (CMS) .....

Oh yakah ?!! Thanks for the clarification :D

Back to LCCT@KCH, I would have thought the project would have been trumpeted no end in the msm by now if it's to be, but all quiet so far ?

KUCHING: The proposal to construct a Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) here has received support from Minister of Tourism, Arts, Culture, Youth and Sports Datuk Abdul Karim Rahman Hamzah. He said an LCCT could help to facilitate the growth of the tourism industry in Sarawak.

“If a separate LCCT building could expedite and facilitate the growth of tourism industry in Sarawak, of course it would be good to have it.

“I do not have any detail on this yet. I need to check. If there is, it should be under the purview of the federal government unless the state government decides to be involved,” he said when contacted yesterday on AirAsia Berhad chief executive officer Aireen Omar’s recent statement that Kuching International Airport (KIA) had almost reached its capacity of five million passengers.

http://www.theborneopost.com/2017/06/09/thumbs-up-for-lcct/

Domestic network maybe. I came to KCH recently. Theres nothing touristy that will keep koreans and japanese from coming. Shopping malls itself are empty. Mulu park and cave is situated so far from kuching.