MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Lau

Kuching International Airport Low Cost Carrier Terminal (Kuching LCCT)

The artist impression here doesn't look too bad...

http://theveritasdesigngroup.com/portfolio/quantity-surveying-and-project-management/transportation/proposed-new-low-cost-carrier-terminal-(lcct)-at-kuching.html

interestingly the status of the project is "under construction"

On a separate note, AK is discontinuing KCH-SZX in a few weeks time. IIRC the route was launched not so long ago, maybe in Dec 2017?

"Drive-in" or half covered apron is innovative and idea for tropical weather if built.

http://theveritasdesigngroup.com/portfolio/quantity-surveying-and-project-management/transportation/proposed-new-low-cost-carrier-terminal-(lcct)-at-kuching.html

On a separate note, AK is discontinuing KCH-SZX in a few weeks time. IIRC the route was launched not so long ago, maybe in Dec 2017?

I don't know if it is terminated or not yet uploaded into the system. I think 7x weekly is an overkill...ideally 4x or 3x weekly...

Looks like a purpose built cow shed! :)

Seriously though, the overhanging roof is interesting and the terminal looks like it is bigger than the existing terminal, with more aircraft bays. No aerobridges means Tony gets a cheap and low maintenance apron....

It looks like the ground floor will be the departure hall with the arrival hall and shopping areas upstairs (like the old KLIA LCCT's general layout). Big carpark with possibility of building a multi storey car park, if necessary.

Big carpark with possibility of building a multi storey car park, if necessary.

Mostly redundant at Malaysian airports - we being so efficient at crafting out multiple 'waiting' lanes at the drop off and pick up zones :D

Err...am not counting on such a fancy LCCT...

Nothing too fancy la - those are artist's impressions, probably the architect's idealized version

When they start building, things will start getting changed and modified

Then you give it a year or two of wear and tear, coupled with Malaysian upkeep standards ....... :)

Nothing too fancy la - those are artist's impressions, probably the architect's idealized version

When they start building, things will start getting changed and modified

Then you give it a year or two of wear and tear, coupled with Malaysian upkeep standards ....... :)

Couldn't agree more, I've seen many buildings that are basically left to rot once built. What a pity...

Cowshed or not, I hope the design is user friendly and the operator keeps the toilet clean

Heard over the radio the reason for AK stopping KCH to SZX was due to the limited landing slots made available there. Don't know if this is true.

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Heard over the radio the reason for AK stopping KCH to SZX was due to the limited landing slots made available there. Don't know if this is true.

Frequency reduced to 3 times weekly from end of Mar onward. I think majorly is the bad timeslot. KCH's gate 5 is closed for tarmac renovation and I recall all gates would be fully parked with aircraft for next morning departure.

Frequency reduced to 3 times weekly from end of Mar onward. I think majorly is the bad timeslot. KCH's gate 5 is closed for tarmac renovation and I recall all gates would be fully parked with aircraft for next morning departure.

It's actually bay 6. Has been closed for a few months now.

New schedule starting 26 March 2018, 3x weekly. This time slot used to be LGK-SZX.

AK1241 KCH2215 – 0220+1SZX 320 135

AK1242 SZX0325 – 0725KCH 320 246