MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Lau

Kuching International Airport Low Cost Carrier Terminal (Kuching LCCT)

There are many interesting & great attractions in Kuching. The only thing that they need is a good marketing strategy.

That's still part of it. another is someone abuse their power on certain.

Some'one' dont like outside influences to seep in. He's comfortable, rich, has all the money in the world. And he dont want people to change. Power and greed. Turned people into monster, despite him being frail and of old age.

Well I have the general opinion that Kuching city have the most roundabouts, whereas KK have the most traffic lights. :D

Some'one' dont like outside influences to seep in. He's comfortable, rich, has all the money in the world. And he dont want people to change. Power and greed. Turned people into monster, despite him being frail and of old age.

So true...

Well I have the general opinion that Kuching city have the most roundabouts, whereas KK have the most traffic lights. :D

Football field sized roundabouts...

Agree to that. Some will be converted into flyover with underpass.

AirAsia mulls direct flights to Jakarta, Bangkok from Kuching

Interesting! Let's wait and see!
State govt still negotiating with AirAsia on proposal to turn S’wak into LCCT hub

http://www.theborneopost.com/2018/02/26/state-govt-still-negotiating-with-airasia-on-proposal-to-turn-swak-into-lcct-hub/

Had a conversation with one of Maswings senior captain yesterday. According to him, the land is already there. Our CM has told Tony, we (state govt) will give you the land, you go make your LCCT lah. So now I'm wondering who is negotiating with whom.

“Sarawak is a brilliant point between North Asia and Australia. We see it as Dubai of this part of the world.

“People come out from Australia can stop in Kuching before they go to China and vice-versa; China, Korea and Japan can stop in Sarawak for few days and go down to Australia.

“I think it is an equitable distance and it’s a great location and that is why I am very keen to have our hub here,” he said.

Serious ?

Anyone worked out the maths and logistics yet to postulate a cost advantage of flying via a Bornean hub vs direct North Orient/Australasia ? Maybe Royal Brunei hasn't clicked all the right buttons yet ?

And if the KCH 'hub' does materialize, presumably it will cannibalize some of the transit traffic over at KLIA2 as result too ?

Serious ?

Anyone worked out the maths and logistics yet to postulate a cost advantage of flying via a Bornean hub vs direct North Orient/Australasia ? Maybe Royal Brunei hasn't clicked all the right buttons yet ?

And if the KCH 'hub' does materialize, presumably it will cannibalize some of the transit traffic over at KLIA2 as result too ?

Don't think KCH has the capabilities to do that...

It is just talk to twist Sarawak Government into building a LCCT for them as a way to prove a point.

He is just having fun winding up MAHB...

They have nothing to lose really. If KCH is a successful hub and takes traffic away from klia2, the KCH traffic still belongs to Airasia. They are just sore that the BKI LCCT has closed.

Hardly anyone else gets the luxury of having a LCCT built for them to use. Please! Use the provided airport like everyone else does, for crying out loud!

Serious ?

Perhaps they don't know the modern jetliners are capable of doing North Asia-Australasia non-stop ? :D

Serious ?

Theres a fine line between being an aviation expert and being downright delusional.

Next thing you know youre going to have someone talking about yields, fleet utilisation and CASK on routes out of KCH.

I think any proposal about new passenger facility should also involves MAHB if the said land falls within KCH airport perimeter.

And now MAVCOM in the picture, there should be a minimum 'standard' and/or 'guidelines' for passenger convenience and comfort for terminal buildings.

I think any proposal about new passenger facility should also involves MAHB if the said land falls within KCH airport perimeter.

And now MAVCOM in the picture, there should be a minimum 'standard' and/or 'guidelines' for passenger convenience and comfort for terminal buildings.

FAA has a guideline on m2/pax.

Theres a fine line between being an aviation expert and being downright delusional.

Next thing you know youre going to have someone talking about yields, fleet utilisation and CASK on routes out of KCH.

Indeed, be even more delusional if they have not had "someone talking about yields, fleet utilisation and CASK on routes out of KCH" before making a song and dance out of all these hopes and aspirations :)

Interestingly, came across the following too

Tony noted that the attraction of Sarawak to them is the low cost; ability to drive the low cost down.

“When you open a terminal, one of the biggest costs is water and power. Water and power are abundant and reasonably cheaper in Sarawak,” he added.

Like I said, it's interesting :)

Hardly anyone else gets the luxury of having a LCCT built for them to use. Please! Use the provided airport like everyone else does, for crying out loud!

Well, I note that at BKI they don't use the 'provided airport like everyone else does' as intended either - particularly when I look up at those unutilized aerobridges whilst boarding/deplaning :)

Edited by BC Tam

Interestingly, came across the following too

Like I said, it's interesting :)

Untreated water? Cost of treated water may not be the cheapest there.

Edited by Waiping

I am not sure what you guys think - but the report seems to indicate that it is Airasia who will be building the low cost terminal, not MAHB. Also note the budget of RM 200-300m - that probably means another cow shed like terminal, doesn't it?

I am not sure what you guys think - but the report seems to indicate that it is Airasia who will be building the low cost terminal, not MAHB. Also note the budget of RM 200-300m - that probably means another cow shed like terminal, doesn't it?

Yes, I concur, too. It mentioned AK and SW Gov, not involving MAHB, too.

The artist impression here doesn't look too bad...

http://theveritasdesigngroup.com/portfolio/quantity-surveying-and-project-management/transportation/proposed-new-low-cost-carrier-terminal-(lcct)-at-kuching.html

interestingly the status of the project is "under construction"

On a separate note, AK is discontinuing KCH-SZX in a few weeks time. IIRC the route was launched not so long ago, maybe in Dec 2017?

Edited by H C Chai