MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Yohan

Spotters Gadget

Hi,

I would love to share this with you guys

http://www.tnooz.com/2010/09/20/mobile/point-a-phone-in-the-air-and-get-details-on-every-aircraft-in-the-sky/

Plane Finder AR is the new sister app for the Plane and Ship Finder iPhone applications, using the existing positioning data alongside AR technology to pinpoint the location of aircraft in relation to the user of the handset.

In theory, whenever the app is switched on and the user points it to the sky, details of every aircraft will be displayed on the device, such as flight number, aircraft registration, speed, altitude and distance from the user.

Plane Finder says only aircraft with ADS-B equipment will feature on the AR service.

Early days but reaction is rather lukewarm so far – with some reviews complaining about lack of coverage and accuracy for what is clearly a “nice idea” but struggling on the execution.

anyone tried it? :rolleyes:

+ beside that, what kind of pro walkies do u normally use...... :p

I'm just thinking would it be possible to restrict usage of this software on Iphone?

Hi,

I would love to share this with you guys

http://www.tnooz.com/2010/09/20/mobile/point-a-phone-in-the-air-and-get-details-on-every-aircraft-in-the-sky/

Plane Finder AR is the new sister app for the Plane and Ship Finder iPhone applications, using the existing positioning data alongside AR technology to pinpoint the location of aircraft in relation to the user of the handset.

In theory, whenever the app is switched on and the user points it to the sky, details of every aircraft will be displayed on the device, such as flight number, aircraft registration, speed, altitude and distance from the user.

Plane Finder says only aircraft with ADS-B equipment will feature on the AR service.

Early days but reaction is rather lukewarm so far – with some reviews complaining about lack of coverage and accuracy for what is clearly a “nice idea” but struggling on the execution.

anyone tried it? :rolleyes:

+ beside that, what kind of pro walkies do u normally use...... :p

Do not buy this app,I bought this app for my Ipad,works for less than a week than it just stop working,with error message 'no coverage..bla..bla..",email to customer service,very annoying,slow in response and not really helpful after all,I really regret buying this app,then I bought Flight Radar 24,it works fine...better than Plane Finder app.

After my S.E suddenly dead due to internal short circuit, I already gave up being a gadget chaser, I ended up only using a RM95 handphone...very basic, only can call and SMS, that all that I need and I believe we all need only that... :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this