MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

Brunei International Airport

Hello-anybody can tell me what chopper type is this? it's used by the king

blog1.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bmkOUBbxF7U/SI2ZOQLFPyI/AAAAAAAAAs0/hhjs_1_L7ik/s1600-h/blog1.JPG

Probably the Bell 214ST; as mentioned in Wikipedia,this is the only Bell 214ST in TUDB fleet.

Bell 214ST-Wikipedia.org

Which "king"? Don King, Larry King?

I think he's referring to HM Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah,Mushrif.

I think he's referring to HM Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah,Mushrif.

I know. I was pointing out that Brunei is a Sultanate and the head of state & government is a sultan. Last I checked, it has not changed to the Kingdom of Brunei.

Btw, that 214ST I think was originally acquired for the Sultan's father, as his VIP transport.

Sending my sis to airport last sunday. Her flight to London.

I took few pics of BWN airport.

Airport taxi stand

2011-08-28171613Medium.jpg

Ck in area-

2011-08-28170916.jpg

Air asia signage & banner

2011-08-28170857Medium.jpg

Arrival hall

2011-08-28171635Medium.jpg

Overview of arrival hall

2011-08-28175939Medium.jpg

manage to take the baby airbus.

2011-08-28171202Medium.jpg

I hope the Singapore Girl is not promoting Air Asia in Singapore Airlines uniform.

Btw, that 214ST I think was originally acquired for the Sultan's father, as his VIP transport.

Nice to see the picture of the one and only Bell 214ST delivered to Brunei. It is c/n 28150 and was delivered in 1985 or maybe early 1986.

Geoff

http://www.bedb.com.bn/bisop_deliverinfrastructure.html

brunei airport new looks in the future

MODERNIZATION OF BRUNEI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TERMINAL

In order to facilitate an increase in economic activity for Brunei, the BEDB, in collaboration with the Department of Civil Aviation and a Singapore consortium, Changi Airport Consultants Pte Ltd/AECOM Asia Co Ltd, is currently undertaking a modernization project for the Brunei International Airport Terminal. Aimed at improving the existing environment and appearance, this project is expected to enhance convenience to passengers and the public through the expansion of floor areas, the development of iconic structures and green features, as well as the installation of a much improved security system. The construction works, which will be carried out by the successful tenderer, are expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2011 and will take approximately 36 months to complete. The modernization program has been designed to ensure the smooth operations of the airport and the minimising of any potential disruptions throughout the entire construction period. Artist Impression of BIA Aerial View bisop_deliverinfrastructure10.jpg Departure/Arrival Hall bisop_deliverinfrastructure11.jpg Departure Hall bisop_deliverinfrastructure12.jpg Departure Lounge bisop_deliverinfrastructure13.jpg Baggage Claim Area bisop_deliverinfrastructure14.jpg

the Ford look so powerful! thanks for sharing Zega. :D

haha..yes It's LHD too..cool....

..BTW BIA is undergoing renovation

airport_new1.jpg

Edited by zeqa

some photo during our spotting trip to BWN.

traffics in BWN is much lesser compare to many main intl airport around the region, thus u might can spare lots of time for meals, or walkaround. as long as you pay some attention to the Radar24, you might get some fruits like HM flights.

first for most, a failed photo by me. :D

DSC_4332_800_zps09d1aca9.jpg

after this shot, we decided to move around and look for another spot. since we got nearly one hour time for the next traffic, also our Main objective for this trip.

and we get this!
DSC_4345_zps731408d1.jpg

after killing few ten minutes, our main dish finally came in from Dubai!

DSC_4358_zpsbad5f67a.jpg

DSC_4365_zpsc6283365.jpg

and this shot clearly show the wings!

DSC_4375_zpseda65aaa.jpg

the sunlights is not on our side during the Dreamliner arrival, but this also the motivation/excuse to come back again. :p

last but not least, welcome to Brunei Darussalam.

DSC_4409_zps97b8abc2.jpg

:drinks:

Samuel,

Is Jerudong Park still active?

and nice catch of BI Dreamliner arriving from DXB :drinks:

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

some photo during our spotting trip to BWN.

traffics in BWN is much lesser compare to many main intl airport around the region, thus u might can spare lots of time for meals, or walkaround. as long as you pay some attention to the Radar24, you might get some fruits like HM flights.

first for most, a failed photo by me. :D

The photos are crisp.

Samuel,

Is Jerudong Park still active?

and nice catch of BI Dreamliner arriving from DXB :drinks:

We went to Jerudong Park, twice within three days in 1996 when it was free-of-charge (still is?).