MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian M

Pelangi Air

Azmal is right. MGH was the infamous one that crashed in Tawau. I'll try to look for you the previous rego for MGJ/K

I have never doubt Azmal's answer. He is good! :)

Thanks Dante

Adrian,

sorry for the late reply. busy a bit lately :) anyways, MER's parts are all stripped out, like the other 2 Dorniers as well. they sell it as spare parts i guess.if you notice the Dorniers has been 'raped' even worse than the Fokker. the ailerons and flap section is gone, the rudder gone, engine. Subang does look a bit errie with all the stored aircrafts around. sad to seem them this way, but i guess this is just natural, we will all go on day :) the red ribbons you see on all the gear sections are called gear pins. they are to lock the gear from inadvertantly retracting. the nose gear compartment door is open i guess for maintenance purposes. probably easier to access certain things. btw, we had an incident before where the main gear collapse. :)

What happened? Did someone "Push Upwards" on the Main Gear? Always interested to know what happened if push upwards. :p.

So Ex-Pelangi MGJ, MGK proved what I saw last time at 1997 or 98 where MAS F50 having Blue and Green c/s on the body but with Mas logo on the vertical fin and Malaysia written on the front part of the body.

Edited by Adrian M

Land on MRR2 lah.. it's closed afterall. No traffic mah.. :p LOL!

Cheers,

land on MRR2, i'll park it in front of my house at Tmn Cemerlang or the Teminal Putra parking lot. :D :D

Azuddin

seems like 9M-MHI and MHJ are now with Focus Air new rego N362FC and N361FC respectively.

Edited by S V Choong

Choong, Adrian,

I'm still getting difficulty trying to get the rego for these aircraft, but hopefully will get em soon. Adrian, you saw the Fokker in pelangi colours? thats pretty interesting. you have the pictures? i wonder if can find on A.net? there are some differences between the pelangi MH fokkers and the MH fokkers. i guess pelangi ordered a slightly different configured cockpit. actually, kinda like the pelangi MH fokkers more, but unfortunately there is only one left and it isnt in the of best conditions.

I don't have it on pictures coz back then still hvnt own a camera yet. But it still fresh in my mind. I'm going to do a repaint with Pelangi colors on MH F50 aircraft. So u'll get to fly it on FS :p But u can imagine it now. F50 with no Pelangi green bungaraya logo and the Pelangi written on the body. Whats left is the Blue and green line at the end of the body. MH logo is at vertical fin and MALAYSIA is written at the ex-pelangi body logo title just behind front door.

YiHao,

thanx. good site. btw, i used another site to list Fokkers worldwide. http://members.chello.nl/s.c.verbrugge/ it shows that MGJ and MGK is ex pelangi. it could be wrong as i'm not too sure myself. i'll look out further... btw, i can't get MGJ on ur site. only MJG, which i think is a typo.

For F50 regos. I use http://www.fokker-aircraft.info/

I am just thinking, it is possible that Pelangi went bankrupted before accepting MGJ and MGK, leaving MAS to take over them? Hence they never got to wear the 9M-ME* rego? Thanks for the effort of looking up their rego :)

Edited by S V Choong

which routes r u doing now? today MH2015 BKI-LBU-BKI Time:1510-1540-1600-1630 has been canceled and MH2854 BKI-LBU-MYY-LBU-BKI are severely delayed today. Weather is cloudy with raining cats and dogs at 2.50pm

9M-MGJ delivered to MH on 11/12/1990 and leased to Pelangi on 17/11/1994. Returned to MH on 3/04/1997.

9M-MGK delivered to MH on 31/03/1992 and leased to Pelangi on 17/11/1994. Returned to MH onn 2/12/1997

Sign in to follow this