MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Alan B.

AirAsia B737 spotted at The Curve

All seems to be prepared to be returned to its lessors.

Wrong. Airframes are all owned by AK. Leased airframes and engines have been returned to their appropriate lessors.

Wrong. Airframes are all owned by AK. Leased airframes and engines have been returned to their appropriate lessors.

Okies. Sorry for the mistake. Thanks Sri Ramani K for the info.

Judging from its current state, much work need to be put in if AK wants to sell it off to other airlines. They look dilapidated.

^^ I hope those 737 own by Air Asai will put in good use & not scraped.

Actually one has been scrapped: at least the forward fuselage will be made into kids amusement park. Others not really sure as the current state looks quite bad.

At least the fuselage is put in good use. Scrape I mean scrape of completely & never to be seen again.. :drinks: :yahoo: :lol:

I doubt that it will be taken by others,these are old model B733 (non EFIS),have flown in them before,but they have updated FMCs,but engines are rated at 20k instead of 22k.

Why ex AK's B733 fuselage now at The Curve? This is an answer, AirAsia Bhd one of sponsorship company for the Theme Park.

Rakan Riang seeks more sponsorships for KidZania

PETALING JAYA: Rakan Riang Sdn Bhd, an 80:20 joint-venture company between Themed Parked Attractions and Resorts Sdn Bhd (TAR) and Boustead Curve Sdn Bhd hopes to seal more sponsorships for its RM50mil educational theme park, Kidzania Kuala Lumpur (KidZania) after sealing RM8mil worth of sponsorships yesterday, says TAR chief executive officer Tunku Datuk Ahmad Burhanuddin.

(TAR is a wholly owned subsidiary of Khazanah Holdings Bhd and Boustead Curve Sdn Bhd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Boustead Group).

“That is our hope for KidZania and the first batch of RM8mil sponsorships will be a marking stone in the development of this theme park,” he told reporters yesterday at the KidZania Sponsors' signing ceremony.

The event yesterday saw six companies AirAsia Bhd, CIMB Group, Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd, The New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd (NSTP) and Pos Malaysia Bhd signed the RM8mil sponsorship agreement for the theme park.

Each company is committed to funding the development and display of several lifelike and child-sized fixtures of their respective business operations.

Ahmad said the signing was a reflection of how some of the region's most recognisable brands understand and appreciate the value of Kidzania as a revolutionary marketing tool and a new way of extending brand awareness.

“Through the child's own experience with KidZania activities, these brands help set the benchmark for their future ambitions and allow them to identify with the brands' corporate values and respective work ethics,” he said.

Asked on whether there would be more Kidzania to be opened in the near future, Ahmad said they might be looking around this region to set up that matter.

Kidzania will occupy approximately 80,000 sq ft of space in the new building that is currently being built across the street from The Curve shopping mall.

Scheduled to be opened in the fourth quarter this year, it is expected to attract about half a million domestic and foreign visitors annually and would create about 400 job opportunities for Malaysians.

Source : http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/3/1/business/8156291

i saw that B733 sebelah ikea as well and my friend thought that AK would relocate their head office there. so it's going to be a new feature in kidzania ya. wish it would become a part of a restaurant, which i would love to dine in. this has nothing to do with AK, rite?

i saw that B733 sebelah ikea as well and my friend thought that AK would relocate their head office there. so it's going to be a new feature in kidzania ya. wish it would become a part of a restaurant, which i would love to dine in. this has nothing to do with AK, rite?

AirAsia is sponsoring the whole airport diorama in Kidzania. Wish there was something like this when I was a kid! :rolleyes:

Nose part aircraft ex AirAsia Indonesia B733 finally placed on Kidzania (Curve NX) building at Mutiara Damansara. Will be launched estimated on July 2011. Spotted this AirAsia today morning.

IMG_3010_.jpg

IMG_3003_.jpg

They should at least clean it and paint with a new coat of paint....its looks so worn~~~

Maybe they are trying to project the lowcost-ness of the airline operations ? :p