MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Waiping

Fernandes: Illogical to move us to KKIA

MAHB has been quite diligent in repeating that all operations will move to T1.. But lets see what Tony does :)

Drag... drag... and drag. Just staying put.

Anyone traveling on AK this on 1/12 beware!!!

Might be an idea to ask AA at their tweet and see what is their reply.

Has AA started flying to BKI? OMG!

:p

Edited by Chris Tan

Someone posted in facebook claimed to be airasia staff in KK told that all operations will be shifted to Terminal 1 by Dec 1. Arriving airasia flights after 11pm on Nov 30 will be directed to KKIA T1. Hopefully it is true.

Inquired about the terminal shift on AirAsia Live Chat service. The answer given is...

NisaCustomer Care

NisaHello Arthur. How may I help you today?

ArthurHi I'll be departing from Kota Kinabalu on 2 December. Which terminal would the flight be? Terminal 1 or 2?

NisaHello

Terminal 2 ya sir.....

5:10 pmArthurI heard that operations are planned to be shifted to Terminal 1 on December 1. Is this true?

NisaIn the eman time, it is still terminal 2 ya....

ArthurOkay thank you

Edited by Arthur W.

Just read a piece of news from Daily Express. Headline says:

AirAsia OK with moving to Terminal 1 Dec 1

Quoted from the article:

"The Minister said also he had met AirAsia Chief Executive Officer Aireen Omar who said the ariline would move to Terminal 1 and was told that the move will not affect the low-cost carrier."

Full article at: http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=104817

The shift to terminal 1 is confirmed. Just got an email from AirAsia.

Dear Guest,
Effective 1st December 2015, flights to / from Kota Kinabalu (BKI) by AirAsia Berhad Malaysia (with flight code AK) at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI) will be operating via Terminal 1. All flights scheduled to and from Kota Kinabalu (BKI) will remain the same and will not be affected by this terminal change.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you onboard.
Sincerely,
AirAsia

The shift to terminal 1 is confirmed. Just got an email from AirAsia.

Fantastic. Let's see how it will go.

Traffic at T1 will get quite bad tho I think.

Can expect McD's and KFC will be filled to the brim... I sometimes go there for lunch because the atmosphere and ambience is relaxing. Probably after this no more...

Can expect McD's and KFC will be filled to the brim... I sometimes go there for lunch because the atmosphere and ambience is relaxing. Probably after this no more...

Oh I know what you mean... It's nice to relax there but definitely no more especially AK's counters are just next to McD. There will be no spaces available to eat once AK begins operations there.

It will do T1 good though the move. Finally... Hope the transition goes well.

Actually D Check-in Island is good for AirAsia as it is the nearest one to Departure entrance but I don't think the space around D Chk-In Island is enough to handle AirAsia peak hours & all Full Flight operation especially in this school holiday season and coming Xmas & New Year. But it is a good timing to test out T1 for AK ops.

Rayani also setting up their sales office.

Edited by Adrian M

It's happening alright. Tomorrow's the day. Today i wss at t1 and noted all the led screen on the check in island is functioning bearing AK logos. As well as a lot of self check in kiosk being set up just outside the check in area.

AirAsia To Begin Operations At Kota Kinabalu Terminal 1 Tomorrow

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 30 (Bernama) -- AirAsia's operations in Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) will operate out of Terminal 1 from Dec 1, 2015.

AirAsia currently operates 504 weekly flights to and from KKIA and all existing flight schedules for both domestic and international flights would remain unchanged.

AirAsia's guests departing or landing into Kota Kinabalu were informed of the move from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1, which is 4 km away from each other, it said in a statement here.

"The airline will continue to provide assistance to guests travelling to and from its Kota Kinabalu hub in light of this move," it said.

AirAsia will provide a free shuttle bus service between Terminal 1 and 2 from 1st to 7th December for passengers who end up in the wrong terminal.

Announcement of Air Asia Facebook page 4 hours ago:

[important] We are moving all operations to Terminal 1 at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI) effective 1 December 2015. All flights from 1 December 0001am (GMT+ 8 ) will operate from Terminal 1.

However, please note that the below 6 flights will land in Terminal 1 tonight:
AK6499 arriving at 2040 (30 Nov) from Sandakan
AK6265 arriving at 2240 ((30 Nov) from Tawau
AK5134 arriving at 2305 (30 Nov) from Kuala Lumpur
AK238 arriving at 2305 (30 Nov) from Hong Kong
AK256 arriving at 0045 (1 Dec) from Hangzhou
AK212 arriving at 0315 (1 Dec) from Guangzhou

Should you require further assistance, please contact us via:
1. Live Chat - http://bit.ly/AALiveChat
2. Call Centre - http://bit.ly/1LqSiX2
3. Ask AirAsia Twitter (@askairasia)

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/AirAsia/?pnref=story

Perhaps it is also time to change the topic of the thread... finally.

Edited by Eddy Liew

Perhaps it is also time to change the topic of the thread... finally.

Better not, just as reminder to all of us of what goes on before the move.

Sign in to follow this