MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Victor A.

LIMA 2011

*OT*

Terengganu has expanded the runway to 3480m (11400ft)

B744 Hajj flights has been operating from TGG

Langkawi has 3810m (12500ft) runway with 610m (2000ft) displaced thr03

(Source: DCA's online AIP)

*OT*

I think I'll go too LIMA again this year... for the SU30MKM and F/18a ... :pardon:

and as xTemujin mentioned... hope to see A400 too

It'll also be great to get to see the PARS 8x8.

Turkey's FNSS to produce 257 ACVs for Malaysian Army

25 February 2011

Turkey's FNSS Savunma Sistemleri has signed an export agreement with Malaysian manufacturer DRB-Hicom Defence Technologies Sdn Bhd (Deftech) for the design, development, production and logistical support of 257 8x8 wheeled armoured combat vehicles (ACVs) for the Malaysian armed forces.

The project, which is worth about USD600 million and is the largest single arms export for the Turkish defence industry, was one of several accords signed in Ankara on 22 February during a visit by Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak.

The Malaysian ACVs, of which 12 variants will be delivered, will be based on the Pars (Leopard) family of multirole armoured fighting vehicles.

Will A400M make it to LIMA?

Greg Waldron on September 2, 2011

Southeast Asia is entering air show season. In December there is the Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA) and in February 2012 the Singapore Air Show.

The big question visitors will be asking is will Airbus bring the A400M. Malaysia is the first international buyer of the giant turboprop airlifter, with plans to acquire four. For my part I don't see it coming: the project is years behind schedule, and Airbus is no doubt focused on getting the first example of the aircraft to French Air Force by 2013 - likely before the 2013 Paris air show.

If the A400M is not at LIMA, then forget about it showing up at Singapore. LIMA is a source of immense pride (and dollars) for Malaysia. It would be a slap were the aircraft to appear in Singapore first.

Other types that would be cool to see at either show are the F-35 and V-22 Osprey. The F-35 isn't involved in Malaysia's current fighter competition, so don't expect it at LIMA. Lockheed Martin still probably wants to sell this aircraft to Singapore as an F-16 replacement, although Singapore may well prefer to upgrade its F-16s rather than replace them. And, of course, the F-35 has a grueling test schedule.

As for the V-22, Israel is interested in the aircraft. Since Singapore's defence doctrine more or less mirrors that of Tel Aviv, Boeing could well send one of the tilt rotors, which have started deploying to the Pacific. Aside from the V-22, which isn't really that new, don't expect much in the way of cool, new kit at either show.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/asian-skies/2011/09/will-a400m-make-it-to-lima.html

so, no need to go is it...?

Anyway, for flying buffs who used to visit LIMAs, the advise is "keep your expectation low.." then you will enjoy your visit.

And to expect the food and lodging to increase, then you will not get a shock..

But still, it will be a great show for airbuffs...

Well I'll be happy if the A330F 9M-MUA just do a low level fly pass.

so, no need to go is it...?

Anyway, for flying buffs who used to visit LIMAs, the advise is "keep your expectation low.." then you will enjoy your visit.

And to expect the food and lodging to increase, then you will not get a shock..

But still, it will be a great show for airbuffs...

had never place any high expectation whenever LIMA is coming. as for accommodation, had been checking around for the last few months and the price is 3, 4 times the normal rate... =@ :finger: every time i asked why the price sky rocketed, the answer is simple..ITS BECAUSE OF LIMA...really bloodsucking buggers.. :finger:

Just some updates.

Trade day registration is now open - RM50 for the whole duration. http://limareg.com.my/lima/index.php/main/visitor_register

They have an official twitter account too. http://twitter.com/#!/LIMA_tweets

And the list of attendees as of Sept '11.

daily aerial display

1 x Su-30 MKM - Royal Malaysian Air Force

1 x MB-339CM. - Royal Malaysian Air Force

1 x PC-7 MKII. - Royal Malaysian Air Force

4 x MiG-29N. - Royal Malaysian Air Force

4 x F/A-18D. - Royal Malaysian Air Force

5 x Extra 330L - Aerotree

2 x F-18 Super Hornet - Boeing

1 x F-16C - Royal Singapore Air Force

Gripen - Royal Thai Air Force

static display

Aircraft

1) Su-30 MKM

2) F/A-18D

3) MiG-29N

4) Hawk 108/208

5) MB-339CM

6) F-5E

7) PC-7 MKII

8) CN -235

9) Super Lynx

10) Fennec

11) Agusta A109

12) AS -355N

13) Dauphin

14) CL- 415

15) Mi-17

16) Cessna Caravan

17) F-16D RSAF

18) S -70B Sea Hawk

19) A400M

20) Avanti II

21) ATAK TEAM T129

22) AH6i

23) EC-145 T2

24) Tiger HAP

25) Eurofighter Typhoon (Full-scale replica)

26) Dornier 228 New Generation

27) MAS.

28) Air Asia.

29) Transmile.

30) Bell Helicopter

And a reply from the official Twitter regarding my doubt that the A400M would not make it this time around.

We have received positive indication from Airbus w regard to this. watch this space. announcement will be made from time to time

:drinks:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

It would be great if A400M can come for LIMA.. Airbus has done nothing much to impress RMAF guys.. They only managed to show their Sim facility to RMAF i think...

Edited by Syukri

It looks like going to be an RMAF affair again, of course with the help from RTAF/RSAF/RAAF ......... Even APMM is not participating ....... nothing exciting as far as air display is concerned ...... :rolleyes:

Moat likely I will pass the event this year ...... :sorry:

:hi:

As usual of late, LIMA is just another aviation museum in the open.

Its a far cry from the 1st.and 2nd.LIMA shows with so many participants from the world's giants - Russia and USA.

Various attack helicopters were static displayed as well as aerial demonstrations.

Giant Russian Tupolev transporter too came over. I bought a couple of the crews' personal effects too. A crew's cap, insignias. Didn't have enough cash on me that time to buy up a spoilt fuel gauge, a jacket, and many more other personal effects and as well as parts and bits of the aircraft..hahaha...

The aircraft was air-worthy (since its able to get here).. but the condition is pretty run down. Its massive central fuselage tires are worn and some of them, you can see the inner wires of the tires. Must be pretty tight budgeted.

The 2nd.LIMA was also the same but a bit tone down.. and after this, it was all the way down with many advertisement continue to futilely attempt to hype up the event.

Still, if one wants to see some aerial display of the magnificent flying machines, still worth the time to go.

The 2nd.LIMA was also the same but a bit tone down.. and after this, it was all the way down with many advertisement continue to futilely attempt to hype up the event.

Most people in the trade know the decision to buy big ticket items are made by RMPM. It is a waste of resources to promote to non decision makers, only those existing and secured suppliers participate in LIMA :pardon:

Royal Air Force Typhoons will be taking part in LIMA 2011

The RAF has deployed 4 Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft to RMAF Butterworth for Exercise Bersama Lima 2011.

Noted leaving RAF Leuchars (in Scotland) earlier this week were the following 6 Sqn jets...............

ZK313/EN, ZK314/EO, ZK317/ES all FGR.4 model and ZK379/EX T.3 trainer model. The RAF have confirmed that two of these aircraft will stay behind after the above exercise to participate in the Langkawi event.

Another arrival from the UK for the show, will be me !!! Will be arriving on the Saturday (10th Dec) before the show starts and hope to meet a few MWingers as well.

Who else is already committed to going?

Kip

What a shame that A400M is not coming to LIMA.... :sorry:

I've booked my flights for LIMA, arriving late afternoon on the 8th and

back to KUL on last MH flight on the 10th....

got myself (and the family) a cheap homestay near the airport... :yahoo:

Hope to see u there on Saturday, Kip Dawson... :)

Is there any difference between the aerial display during the trade days and public days?

Trade days shall be less crowded right? :)

Well I'll be happy if the A330F 9M-MUA just do a low level fly pass.

Is this the one you mean Waiping ?

This was noted at Toulouse last week. Have to say it does look rather nice.

Enjoy

A332FF-WWYLcn1148.jpg

Kip

Is this the one you mean Waiping ?

Enjoy

Kip

Ya, I think due the equipment type and route she is still elusive to spotters here.

Hope she could remain clean, though.

Ya, I think due the equipment type and route she is still elusive to spotters here.

Hope she could remain clean, though.

Same at KUL - it comes in and leaves under the cover of darkness. I think MUB should be delivered soon as it had its first flight on 17 Oct.

This one, test reggo F-WWYL, should be the second A332F. Will become 9M-MUB when it is delivered.