MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

KUL 32R in 2011

Capt Radzi,

Very good to have you back - great catch of FFC/MTB, these are your first rewards! :clapping:

Please keep the pix from KUL coming!

Good to see you back spotting, captain !!! :good:

Love the EP-IAC shot... :pardon:

The shot is great and the aircraft looks to be in pristine condition too!

Capt Radzi,

Very good to have you back - great catch of FFC/MTB, these are your first rewards! :clapping:

This is MTA. However MTB is already in KUL, today spotted at the satellite building.

Great Photos SRK :good:

What is the green ring inside the engine for? :blink:

i think its the abradable shroud in the fan case of engine.

This is MTA. However MTB is already in KUL, today spotted at the satellite building.

I need to have my eyesight re-tested! Yes, lets hope we will see MTB in action soon. :)

I need to have my eyesight re-tested! Yes, lets hope we will see MTB in action soon. :)

The first two pics of Tango Bravo is already on A.net. Caught on its delivery flight to KUL.

Credits to the photographer.

1917777.jpg

Edited by S M Tang

225721_1954914866970_1065636429_2313463_1924448_n.jpg

Taken from a colleague's FB with permission. Was it another diver from SIN this time around again?

*edit*

Upon checking up some info, a/c is VH-OQB enroute to SIN from LHR.

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

Was it another diver from SIN this time around again?

A visit to KUL as part of their feasibility study to set up a premium ailrine in M'sia :rofl:

After almost 2 years, I went back for spotting in KUL last Friday. Nothing much to show; the angle is not really the best. Unfortunately this is the best we can get for 32R morning shot nowadays.

Wanted to go again on Tuesday, but the haze has moved in, again.

Capt Radzi, welcome back to KUL. :drinks:

Good times would not last forever so KUL spotters will soldier on on what's available. :rolleyes:

Our yearly "friendly" haze is back and hope it had gone by now. =@

Ramani, still busy with studies ?

No more chasing the QF A380 like last round ? :p

Is it just the camera playing tricks or is the climb angle of the KLM T7 much steeper than the EK T7? Love the closeup shot of the EK T7 and also the FY with the building storm in the background!

Welcome back Walter! Nice shots, looks like you actually weren't gone for long. Hope you had a good session with the legend. :lol:

Legend? Chaity's back? Haha!

Legend? Chaity's back? Haha!

Keith, I am back for today and together with some long gone spotters too. :p

You can get this 3-holer on Tue ;)

Evacw.jpg

Thanks guys! :yahoo:

Is it just the camera playing tricks or is the climb angle of the KLM T7 much steeper than the EK T7? Love the closeup shot of the EK T7 and also the FY with the building storm in the background!

Not camera playing tricks hehe it does look steeper! Maybe i took it at a slightly tilted angle. The KLM rotated earlier than the Emirates, i assume its pretty light!

Welcome back Walter! Nice shots, looks like you actually weren't gone for long. Hope you had a good session with the legend. :lol:

Thanks! Have to meet you one day hehe! Had a fun session with the legends!

Few more small ones!

Lotsa AKs!

1705119maha01.jpg

1705119mafb01.jpg

170511pkawq01.jpg

MH 738

1705119mmld01.jpg

Mr Tam from Singapore

1705119vtam01.jpg

Good to see AK operates so many (nice) different colourschemes; it makes the Malaysian skies less dull... :pardon:

Qantas pilots are being pressured to carry less fuel on Airbus A380 flights as a way for the company to save money, the Daily Telegraph has reported.

The cost-cutting measure increases the risk of flights being diverted because they did not have enough fuel to reach their destinations.

In the past weeks, two Qantas flights have been forced to land early because pilots had burned through too much fuel.

A Melbourne-bound flight was redirected to Adelaide on Tuesday, while an A380 travelling to Singapore from London had to land in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.

The company has reportedly introduced charts ranking pilots on how much fuel they use, applying "subtle pressure" on staff, one pilot told the newspaper.

"The airline is trying to save money, knowing that a lot of our pilots will see it as a challenge and compete with each other," he said.

Reductions in discretionary fuel do not impact safety but increases the risk of passengers being inconvenienced.

The cost-cutting measure saves an estimated $3000 per flight.

A Melbourne-bound flight was redirected to Adelaide on Tuesday, while an A380 travelling to Singapore from London had to land in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.

Might as well cut SIN and just fly LHR-KUL :D.

Funny that QF pilots didn't put their feet down and say no to using fuel as cost-saving measure.

Qantas pilots are being pressured to carry less fuel on Airbus A380 flights as a way for the company to save money, the Daily Telegraph has reported.

The cost-cutting measure increases the risk of flights being diverted because they did not have enough fuel to reach their destinations.

In the past weeks, two Qantas flights have been forced to land early because pilots had burned through too much fuel.

The company has reportedly introduced charts ranking pilots on how much fuel they use, applying "subtle pressure" on staff, one pilot told the newspaper.

"The airline is trying to save money, knowing that a lot of our pilots will see it as a challenge and compete with each other," he said.

Sometimes the company executives don't even know the difference between fuel burnoff and fuel uplift. Carrying more fuel doesn't always means burning more fuel.

Funny that QF pilots didn't put their feet down and say no to using fuel as cost-saving measure.

Diverting could be their way of protest.

Sorry for being O/T.

Is not a good practice for them, but it may be a good chance we see QF's dugong much often? :pardon: :pardon:

Was hoping for clear blue skies but I got nothing close to it.

I like how AK is putting something on the belly of the planes

dsc5798a.jpg

A rare catch for me! :yahoo:

dsc5809a1.jpg

An even rarer catch for me! In fact, it's the first time I've seen this plane.

dsc5818a.jpg

Papa Papa powering off to LHR as MH 4

dsc5912a.jpg

Always like the golden words on EK's fleet.

dsc5869a.jpg

A7-AEC heading home?

dsc5893a.jpg

Always good to catch one of AK's 'specials'

dsc5929a.jpg

Is this TF's version of Rudolph the Red White-Nosed Reindeer? :pardon:

dsc5965a.jpg