MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Perth - The World's Most Isolated City v4.0 2011 Edition

It's almost the end of January, and I just started this new years thread hehe.. pardon us because MIR is in Malaysia, and I was busy lately, and i reckon so is the rest, hence a slowdown in Perth spotting thread. So let me start it with my first EK 772LR shot, yup the only shot.. sorry guys, but do enjoy =)

1024_edDSC_3625.jpg

;)

2011 has had a good start, with PEN, KCH, BKI, SZB and SIN spotters contributing some very interesting catches!

Always like the sunrise/sunset shots, with the warm light of the sun. Good to see PER off the mark! :clapping:

Thanks, I caught this in Adelaide, but since there wasn't any thread for Adelaide, I just place it here.. yes.. i also liked the sunrise/sunset lighting as seen on this Jetstar :p

1024edDSC_3063.jpg

This was taken at Perth Domestic Terminal.. 717 looks great at this angle..

1024edDSC_1853.jpg

Edited by Ignatius

Sultan of Johor's G-IV arrived PER around 1605 today. Many thanks to Liam for the info :drinks:

190311_9MISJ_YPPH.jpg

They have a Johor flag instead of Malaysian flag on the aircraft.... Classy.. :good: So who's fying it? It doesn't have ant RMAF markings..

Edited by Syukri

He has his own crew. The GIV's registration has his late father's initials.

A trivia - Many many years ago, Pahang had a second-hand VIP 727-100 from Brunei, and had the titles Royal Pahang on it.

Ineresting catch. I thought it is a mandatory requirement for any aircraft carrying the Malaysian Civil Register to have the Malaysian Flag and the words "MALAYSIA" on the aircraft... Albeit the Sultan of Johor - how come he is not party to the rule?

Trying to keep the heartbeat kicking for this month old abandoned thread.. :rolleyes:

Weather wasnt ideal, winter round the corner, so the rainy season/bad weather starts following me again as usual <_>

QFA582 to Sydney

1024bedDSC_5283.jpg

Wow..nice catch, B747 very very rare in Perth nowadays :good: Did you photographed that from the factory area near Tonkin Highway?

I believe QF B744 on SYD-PER will be regular from now on. QF wanna compete with Virgin Australia A332 :p

Yes QF B744 was surper rare during my days in Perth.

Thanks Mir, photo taken at my usual rwy06 spot, behind australia post up on it's own lil mound, was actually expecting an Atlas Air but seems like info is wrong. Yesterday socceroo livery came but wasn't free to go catch em, weather was horrible anyway :pardon:

I believe QF B744 on SYD-PER will be regular from now on. QF wanna compete with Virgin Australia A332 :p

That is correct the QF B744's are operating QF581/582 6x a week from Sunday-Friday.

Got a chance to shoot one of the two new Virgin A330's VH-XFB, but not in the best quality as it arrived earlier and I arrived 20 seconds to touchdown, hence wrong settings this and that.. oh welll <_>

1024edDSC_5331.jpg

But I manage in getting a nice safety card from it hehehehe :yahoo:

Edited by Ignatius

2 first times visitors from MH tonight...

MH121/120 BKI-PER-BKI is opb 73H 9M-MXD

MH127/126 KUL-PER-KUL is opb A333 9M-MTA (first visit of new batch A333)

MH121/120 BKI-PER-BKI is opb 73H 9M-MXD

MH127/126 KUL-PER-KUL is opb A333 9M-MTA (first visit of new batch A333)

So does this mean there are two MH birds on the ground at PER at one time? Any shots of this? Btw, The missus and I will be down 26Jun-05Jul.. Believe it or not, we're flying QANTAS.

Sandeep G

MH121 Arr: 23.05hrs 16/06

MH120 Dep: 01.14hrs 17/06

MH127 Arr: 00.10hrs 16/06

MH126 Dep: 01.41hrs 17/06

These are the correct Arr & Dep times on both flights, hopes this helps in answering your question, which is Yes!

Greg

Mmm..thats nice,two MAS aircrafts in new livery on the ground at PER for the first time. Tempted to photograph both of them that night but was too tired to drive to the airport. Btw there was a Virgin Australia A330 parked at Bay 61(International Apron) yesterday arvo, saw some personnel checking its starboard main landing gear. tech problems perhaps? :pardon:

Edited by MIR

5 Engine B747! :yahoo: Operating QF63, Sydney-Perth-Johannesburg. Carrying a spare engine for VH-OJL which suffered an engine failure at Johannesburg on 15th July 2011

VHOJN_180711_YPPHMW.jpg