MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

MAS stewardess dead in Amsterdam

Sunday January 16, 2011

PETALING JAYA: A Malaysia Airlines (MAS) air stewardess was found dead in a hotel at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport early Friday morning.

Chin Swee Len, 34, had flown to the Dutch capital on Tuesday and was supposed to have returned to Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

The cause of death has yet to be ascertained.

Her body was said to have been found by hotel employees.

When contacted, the hotel front office staff confirmed that Chin had checked in on Tuesday. “But she left her room the following day.”

MAS personnel found out about her disappearance when she failed to turn up for a pre-departure briefing.

MAS operations director Capt Azharuddin Osman said the airline was deeply saddened by the death of the cabin crew member.

“Our main concern now is to support the family where we can,” he said in a statement. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to them during this difficult time.”

Capt Azharuddin said Chin’s family had been informed and arrangements were being made to fly them over to the Dutch capital.

The family members left on a MAS flight from the KL International Airport last night.

“We are fully co-operating with the authorities as they are still in the process of ascertaining the cause of death,” said Capt Azharuddin.

“Any other information on this matter is pure speculation at this point in time,” he said, adding that MAS was unable to disclose any further details as it was a police case.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=%2F2011%2F1%2F16%2Fnation%2F7810842&sec=nation

the family member must be very sad about this

Read this morning from Berita Harian says she is in her 20s.

34. Married with a child.

thx, li ren. story embedded inside ceo tweet thread which i seldom read. no wonder i missed it.

Big news deserves its own thread.

Dutch police ruled out foul play .....

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsgeneral.php?id=557047

:hi:

Stewardess's Death: Amsterdam Police Rule Foul Play

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 16 (Bernama) -- The Netherlands police today ruled out foul play in the death of Malaysia Airlines stewardess Chin Swee Len at the Amsterdam's Radisson Hotel car park on Friday morning.

This Bernama report contradicts itself:

The headline says "Amsterdam Police Rule Foul Play" then in the opening sentance says "..police today ruled out foul play.."

I think the reporter has got it wrong on the basis of other news reports.

Very sad story

Geoff

Sunday January 16, 2011

When contacted, the hotel front office staff confirmed that Chin had checked in on Tuesday. “But she left her room the following day.”

That she may RIP and my condolences to her family/relatives...

Is it normal for crew to 'go your own way' between wednesday and saturday ?

Shocking to see, the rest of the crew only noticed her absence before the crew-briefing before her flight home on MH017...

Condolences to her family and relatives. Hope her kid will be well looked after. It's excruciating when beloved ones leaving you and not coming back.

Darn.....I was on MH 17 AMS - KUL on 15th Jan , 1 day after the unfortunate event n the crew was normal ....I did not knwo about it until I got back to PEN n read it on the internet......

I find the news puzzling also...ruled out foul play or ruled foul play? Which is which?

That's an open verdict..

That's an open verdict..

- rooms was ransacked and she was thrown out from 4th floor. rules out foul-play..

- there are pre-fall injuries but it is neither suicide or homocide..

sound similar? seem netherland and us have somethings in common

- rooms was ransacked and she was thrown out from 4th floor. rules out foul-play..

- there are pre-fall injuries but it is neither suicide or homocide..

sound similar? seem netherland and us have somethings in common

Yes we do. I agree.

Yes we do. I agree.

If its a hotel employee the hotel will shut doors and bussiness will close.

I hope its not a cover up of some sort. Security cameras are always used in all floors of hotels and any movememtns into rooms should have beem captured by CCTV.

How come we heard nothing?

Hope MH will go all out for this one.

SEREMBAN -- Jet-lag syndrome might have led Malaysia Airlines (MAS) stewardess Chin Swee Len to fall to her death from the ninth floor of a hotel in Amsterdam last week.

Refuting the allegation that she had committed suicide, her husband, Cheng Yin Chet, 39, believes she was instead, overcome by jet-lag while enjoying the view of Amsterdam from the balcony of a room at the Radisson Hotel room on Friday.

The businessman said Chin, 34, was at the balcony between midnight and 6am (local time) when she fell off the balcony.

"Before the incident, she told me through a short messaging system (SMS) that she felt dizzy or overcome by jet-lag.

"My wife did not commit suicide...and she was not even suicidal. Our relationship was great. -- Bernama

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/Jet-laglikelycausedstewardesswife_sdaeth_Businessman/Article/