MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wilson Kook

The Prediction Game

I'm adding 3 more to the list above:

3.Aeroflot-If i'm not mistaken,they used to fly to KUL during the SZB heyday (using Il-62 aircraft;pardon me if i'm wrong here).Hope that SU could consider KUL as their destination,after Transaero terminated the DME-BKK-KUL route.

Yes, I used the see SU in SZB back(around)1995-1999. Their planes attract me because of the Diamond logo on the tail. :rolleyes:

5. Kingfisher (god knows what the code is)

IT is the code

4. NH (also another shocker)

NH used to fly to KUL (around 1996-1999), I got 2 friends work with NH. :rolleyes:

NH used to fly to KUL (around 1996-1999), I got 2 friends work with NH. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I remember that. My father flew on NH to Japan back in 1998, if I'm not mistaken it was PEN-KIX, then return KIX-KUL-PEN. Got myself 2 NH 747 model.

Apparently there has been serious lobbying from MAHB to get BA and QF to return to KUL following MH's election into oneworld.

BA, Qantas kembali ke Kuala Lumpur?

http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y=2011&dt=0729&pub=Utusan_Malaysia&sec=Korporat&pg=ko_02.htm

SEPANG 28 Julai - Syarikat penerbangan British Airways (BA) dan Qantas bakal kembali terbang dari Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) selepas tidak lagi berbuat demikian sejak 10 tahun lalu.

Ketua Pegawai Kewangan Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd. (MAHB), Faizal Mansor berkata, pihaknya ada berbincang dengan kedua-dua syarikat penerbangan itu dan terdapat tanda-tanda positif mereka akan kembali.

''Dengan penyertaan Malaysia Airline Systems Bhd. (MAS) dalam gabungan Oneworld terdiri daripada 14 syarikat penerbangan dunia, ia mencerahkan lagi peluang kedua-dua syarikat penerbangan ini kembali ke KLIA.

''Kehadiran mereka membuka lagi peluang kepada KLIA menjadi pusat penerbangan di rantau ini.

''Bagaimanapun, setakat ini tiada sebarang keputusan dibuat,'' katanya selepas mengumumkan keputusan kewangan MAHB bagi suku kedua berakhir pada 30 Jun 2011 di sini hari ini.

Oneworld adalah satu daripada tiga gabungan antarabangsa utama, menyediakan penjenamaan pemasaran mudah bagi para pengembara membuat hubungan perkongsian kod antara sesama syarikat penerbangan dengan negara-negara.

Tambah Faizal, MAHB menjangkakan antara dua hingga tiga syarikat penerbangan bakal datang ke KLIA menjelang akhir tahun ini.

''Syarikat penerbangan yang bakal ke KLIA kemungkinan besar dari timur tengah,'' jelasnya.

Dalam perkembangan lain, ketika ditanya mengenai perkembangan bidaan peluasan Lapangan Terbang Putera Mohammed bin Abdulaziz di Madinah, Faizal berkata, mereka sedang menunggu keputusan pemarkahan teknikal pada masa ini.

''Kami telah menghantar cadangan bidaan MAHB. Daripada segi teknikal kami mempunyai kelebihan dan keputusan mengenai pemarkahan teknikal dijangka diumumkan pada akhir Ogos ini.

''Manakala, keputusan keseluruhan mengenai projek tersebut bakal diumumkan pada akhir tahun ini,'' katanya.

Sementara itu, bagi suku kedua berakhir 30 Jun 2011, MAHB merekodkan peningkatan keuntungan sebelum cukai dan zakat sebanyak 33.1 peratus kepada RM267.1 juta berbanding RM200.7 juta pada tempoh sama tahun lalu.

MAHB turut mencatatkan kenaikan sebanyak 23.5 peratus perolehan kepada RM1.264 bilion berbanding RM1.023 bilion sebelumnya.

Also I wonder which yet another airline from the Middle East that will come to our shore - Air Arabia, Middle East Airlines, Royal Air Maroc?

Apparently there has been serious lobbying from MAHB to get BA and QF to return to KUL following MH's election into oneworld.

Also I wonder which yet another airline from the Middle East that will come to our shore - Air Arabia, Middle East Airlines, Royal Air Maroc?

I think it would be either Air Arabia (relaunch) or Turkish Airlines (technically a european-based carrier, but most people lumped TK into Middle Eastern Carriers), though i think it would be the latter.

Heard or read somewhere, that at least 2 carriers from the Philippines will make their debuts in KLIA later this year. AirPhil Express and SEA air perhaps...Philippines AirAsia is another guess!

I would put my bets on TK. I don't think BA or QF will see services to KUL soon. They'll probably just codeshare with MH on the kangaroo route. They're SIN hub is too lucrative for them to move to KUL, given that KUL is still in its infancy in terms of becoming a hub, and KL itself has yet to become a "global congregation". It's more lilely that they'll start flying to CGK, for economic reasons.

I don't think so. BA has lost out a lot on the KUL route. The winners have been EK, QR and EY. Look at EK - soon to fly an A380 daily on the DXB-KUL route (on top of 2 777 flights daily). I am sure quite a large proportion of the passengers actually travel on to London/UK.

I think BA will return to KUL soon. QF is struggling so I think they will just continue the jetstar codeshare from SIN.

However, I agree, TK is a likely candidate. They already fly to most of the other ASEAN capitals. It would be a great shame if they did not return to KUL.

Edited by Izanee

I don't think so. BA has lost out a lot on the KUL route. The winners have been EK, QR and EY. Look at EK - soon to fly an A380 daily on the DXB-KUL route (on top of 2 777 flights daily). I am sure quite a large proportion of the passengers actually travel on to London/UK.

True, but don't forget that some of these flights originate from MEL. Also, I don't think EK solely relies on its LHR services to sustain its KUL operations. I'm sure a fair chunk of these passengers do to continue onwards to LHR, but EK has a much larger network. My suspicion is that most of these passengers are European or ME bound. Same goes for QR and EY. Also, saturation on the KUL-LHR may not be what BA wants as competition with EK is usually very stiff.

BA and QF are likely to codeshare with MH before sending their own metal to KUL. Even when they send their own metal to KUL, either BA or QF will send one and codeshare with the other.

QF may feed DRW traffic to KUL for onward to LHR, BKK, etc.

Looks like a lot of my post were accidentally deleted when I tried to edit my post. Sorry!

Here's my full post:

While I would love TK to fly to KUL, I doubt it will this year. I really liked TK when I flew them in Comfort Class a couple of weeks back - great food and their lounge in IST is one of the best C Class lounge I have ever been to! Their service is good, but they do need some fine tuning. If the rumors are right, they are planning to fly to MNL either as a turnaround service or via HKG 3 times a week. Another rumor was going around that SGN will be de-linked from BKK and BKK's flight will be extended to KUL instead (seems to be a lot of *A carriers flying this route - TG, LH, MS and maybe soon TK). However, I do believe they have a shortage of long-haul aircraft now (TK is returning 4 B77Ws back to Jet Airways which in turn is leasing them to TG).

IF MH were to swap its NH code-share deal with JL, maybe we could see the return of NH to KUL. KUL is the only major SE Asian city not served by either NH or OZ. With the NH/AC/UA/CO Pacific JV, I believe it might be feasible for NH to start its own flights to KUL. *A passengers need to go through SIN or BKK everytime they fly in/out of KUL (with the exception of CA's PEK-KUL service - but China is not known as a transit country due to visa regulations) and there are no Canada/US/NE Asia-KUL nonstop flights (except for the CA flights). Passengers pretty much have to do a double overnight in either BKK/SIN in order to catch most of NH/UA/CO/AC trans-Pac flights.

Passengers can connect to AA transpacific services in NRT, where you have to choice of LAX, ORD, & DFW, once MH becomes an OW alliance member. Also, again, it's about demand. Is there enough demand to sustain such routes?

Passengers can connect to AA transpacific services in NRT, where you have to choice of LAX, ORD, & DFW, once MH becomes an OW alliance member. Also, again, it's about demand. Is there enough demand to sustain such routes?

There are no same-day US/Canada-NRT-KUL connections available on any airline (the last NRT-KUL flight leaves around 13:30 and US/Canada's NRT arrival bank is between 14:00 and 16:00). Unless MH tweaks its NRT schedule, passengers will need to overnight at NRT (e.g. possible tweaked NRT schedule - KUL-NRT: 07:30 - 15:40 and NRT-KUL: 17:15 - 23:30).

CX's HKG hub offer way better connection for US/Canada-KUL passengers and there are quite a lot of passengers flying via HKG to US/Canada from Malaysia due to bad KUL-NRT-US/Canada v.v. connections.

Edited by Craig

I read in Brunei Times that two more China-based airlines and one from Indonesia had expressed interest in flying to KLIA.

China: Shenzhen Airlines? Hainan Airlines? Chongqing Airlines? Hebei Airlines? Juneyao Airlines? Spring Airlines? Shanghai Airlines? Lucky Airlines? Okay Airways?

Indonesia: Most probably Batavia Air? Sriwijaya Airlines?

Unless MH tweaks its NRT schedule, passengers will need to overnight at NRT (e.g. possible tweaked NRT schedule - KUL-NRT: 07:30 - 15:40 and NRT-KUL: 17:15 - 23:30).

MH unwillingness to compromise on schedule was a reason that they didn’t join Alliance earlier. May be they have more team spirit now.

There are no same-day US/Canada-NRT-KUL connections available on any airline (the last NRT-KUL flight leaves around 13:30 and US/Canada's NRT arrival bank is between 14:00 and 16:00). Unless MH tweaks its NRT schedule, passengers will need to overnight at NRT (e.g. possible tweaked NRT schedule - KUL-NRT: 07:30 - 15:40 and NRT-KUL: 17:15 - 23:30).

CX's HKG hub offer way better connection for US/Canada-KUL passengers and there are quite a lot of passengers flying via HKG to US/Canada from Malaysia due to bad KUL-NRT-US/Canada v.v. connections.

True, however, AA has the advantage of domesitcs within the US and American Eagle services to Canada. Reducing the number of airlines you connect to also means a smoother journey and in some ways less of a hassle especially due to the laborious US cutoms procedures, though less exciting for us Mwingers. Well, looks like MH has to do some tweaking then. That reminds me. It's been ages since I've done an MH long haul.

I heard there's a tiff going on between SQ and NZ, resulting in NZ stop operating into SIN (don't blame me if it wasn't true :(). Maybe NZ can fly to KUL as a transit to European routes.

Boy, I sure hope this will be true! :clapping: Pardon my Kiwi frenzy :p

True, however, AA has the advantage of domesitcs within the US and American Eagle services to Canada. Reducing the number of airlines you connect to also means a smoother journey and in some ways less of a hassle especially due to the laborious US cutoms procedures, though less exciting for us Mwingers. Well, looks like MH has to do some tweaking then. That reminds me. It's been ages since I've done an MH long haul.

MH has to do the tweak and scheduling. Remember MH has joined OneWorld? And CX, JL and AA are all OneWorld members!

BA and QF are likely to codeshare with MH before sending their own metal to KUL. Even when they send their own metal to KUL, either BA or QF will send one and codeshare with the other.

QF may feed DRW traffic to KUL for onward to LHR, BKK, etc.

If talking about Middle East. I would say RJ would make non stop flight to KUL, supporting MH as OneWorld member.

MH has to do the tweak and scheduling. Remember MH has joined OneWorld? And CX, JL and AA are all OneWorld members!

If talking about Middle East. I would say RJ would make non stop flight to KUL, supporting MH as OneWorld member.

If i remember correctly RJ already flies into BKK...dunno if they still do.....