MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Truie Pham

Tan Son Nhat - Sai Gon airport pictures

Welcome aboard Trieu (maybe you should correct your name's spelling in your profile). Thanks for the VVTS shots especially the TG in the sun's rays. VNA's new livery is certainly one of the best alongside TG.

Hi Attan : I tried to edit my profile correct but maybe couldn't edit my name :( I don't know how I get to make it .

Thanks again, in the future I must complete my study at high school (the 12th grade :)) So maybe I won't have more time for photograph the airplane :(

Hi Trieu, welcome to MW. Nice to see that Vietnam Air B777. I have not seen her in KLIA yet.

Keep those photos coming.

god! i wish vietnam would send its triple one day to klia. the vietnam livery suits a triple perfectly!

welcome to mwings trieu pham.

Yep, very rare to see (almost nothing :D) Triple Seven VNA at WMKK as 772 Malaysia landing rwy 25R VVTS/SGN (Tzewei Pang took this shot :)) .

May be if the Vietnam head government comes to town, he can bring his gangs to KUL with 777 ah? :)

Awesome I would put it,.. and is Ho chi minh airport under major upgrade? see some cranes in ur 772 VNA taxiing shot... :)

Hi Truie!

Welcome among us here :)

Just to mention that your nightshots are fantastic! I love them !

Eric

Hi, I will answer your questions, thanks about comments :)

.Yep, in the airport, your action to take some plane pictures is an illegality :( I often photograph outside the airport (spotting from Quang Trung st. - the place where you can photograph from some coffee kioskes :D) .

.About 777 VN-A141 pic, in the background is the new Terminal T1, it will be operated in the end of this year .

Now I post 2 shots of Malaysia A330 and VNA B777 just taken this Sunday afternoon . The weather was bad :( but I was very happy when I took the A330 shot ;)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Excellent shots, Trieu, I love the A330 (MKX) picture, as it's showing the anti-collision light !!!

The ATR picture is stunning aswell: keep them coming-in for all of us to "admire" ;)

:p You are Radzi Desa - F/O of 734 Malaysia, aren't you ???

Used to be, until 1997.

Anyway, I was in SGN again yesterday, last minute call up. But it was in the morning, my aircraft is smaller than the A330.

Trieu, this one for you.

IPB Image

Edited by Radzi

Hi Truei..

selamat datang to malaysiawings.com..

nice pix...expecially my "baby" MKX....miss u MKX...

out of topic,on my flight to turkey in 2005,i noticed MKU dosent have footrest and the crew bunker(dunno what its name) beside the toilet near exit 3L/3R.on the flight back,MKX does have the things mentioned above.Which one is ex-SN and ex-SR?They also have different IFE system (from my view) bcoz on MKX,the IFE said Lumpur,not Kuala Lumpur and it always pointing out to Singapore in the Skyshow,KL appeared when we fly over Nicobar Island.Can someone help?

-Azfar

Strange that the IFE refers to Lumpur. Actually only ATC uses Lumpur for all communication e.g. "Lumpur Control", "Lumpur Director" or "Lumpur Tower", etc.

Hi Hai Trieu,

Nice to meet you here,

I am also new to the forum (even newer than you)

Your shots are great.

However, may I ask a question?

I found that for the past year of time,

VN's aircrafts were changed thier aircraft registrations.

any reason(s) behind?

Thanks

Sneeze - HongKong

Late welcome from me... Welcome To MWings Truie Pham!!

Capt. Radzi, i saw u in MYY on thursday. U juz arrived from somewhere and I was inside 1 of the F50. I saw u taking pic pf the AK 320.. I was hoping for u to aim ur lenses on my a/c!! hehe...

I'll be in SBW tomorrow and the day after. Then BKI nitestop. 4 days trip. Hope to get more P1 u/s hours.

See ya!! and happy landings...

Sorry to hijack your thread, Truie Pham, but since I was @ SGN, I thought I post my pictures here :pardon: :

Since most Vietnamese have flat roofs and as a consequence roof-terraces, I was able to shoot these aircraft on 14- and 16dec recently, while they were on approach to 25L !

Traffic is slow and mostly VN aircraft; the most interesting airline do visit SGN after sunset :angry: , so excuse the 'quality' guys :sorry:

Thai was still operating HS-TAZ in the old livery on the afternoon-flight from BKK:

HS-TAZ-SGN14dec2007.jpg

China Cargo came in with this Freighter B-18708, apart from sending the 330 and 73H:

B-18708-SGN14dec2007.jpg

My first Vietnam Airlines tripple-seven to pass my lens:

VN-A145-SGN14dec2007.jpg

Short domestic flights are operated by the trusty ATR:

VN-B248-SGN14dec2007.jpg

This ATR was, apparently, transfered from Vietnam Airlines to VASCO, as still can be seen by the vague old VN colours:

VN-B206-SGN14dec2007.jpg

more (16dec07) to follow...