MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Truie Pham

Tan Son Nhat - Sai Gon airport pictures

May it be our hospitality to all you, who comes to VN for spotting :)

Cam on, Khiem !!! I know you're all VERY hospitable @ Vietaviator: always love spotting together with VN friends... :good:

Thank you very much !!!

kanehoshi, very nice shot of the KE B739 plus some nice PS work on the advertising board! :good:

Yes, hospitality is first class at Vietaviator and air traffic is unique! You guys rock! :clapping:

Great IL-62M shot, Kanehoshi !!! :good:

Missing the sound of those Soloviev D30 engines... :sorry:

I don't know where to ask this, but I will ask it here, does anyone know why Jetstar Pacific's newest A320 (VN-A198) doesn't have the Jetstar logo's applied on it? It's just plain silver with the orange painted on the belly, what's going on here? Is it something to do with the branding issues?

thanks! :)

Soorox: U're right about branding issue. After VN Airlines' petition on BL's livery which is exactly Jestar's+a small unconspicuous "jetstar pacific", the VN authority has ordered the airline to change the logo :finger: . Besides, BL has to pay for using Jetstar Logo which increases operating expenses. BL is delaying this change on the ground that the company is operating at loss. Repainting means the aircraft will be out of operation for 1-2 weeks.

Branding problem is also causing delay of opening VietJet aka Air Asia Vietnam. :sorry:

Hey all:

Thanks for the wonderful pix!! Up close and personal!!! FYI, VN-368 A330-322 of Vietnam Airlines, the white nose, has left VN's fleet. Delivered to Turkey's Onur Air two days back. :)

Edited by JuliusWong

Hey all:

Thanks for the wonderful pix!! Up close and personal!!! FYI, VN-368 A330-322 of Vietnam Airlines, the white nose, has left VN's fleet. Delivered to Turkey's Onur Air two days back. :)

Thanks for your info, I was wondered where she's gone after returned flight to SIN months ago.

Nosebleeding shot :pardon:

Nice shots kanehoshi! :good: The two US Navy Greyhounds(VRC-30)are attached to USS George Washington aircraft carrier. The aircraft carrier left Thailand 2 days ago heading to West Pacific. Sad to see those rotorless Mi-24s...

Edited by MIR

Kanehoshi,

Great to see the Hinds, finally, out in the open :pardon:

I've seen them many, many times in their 'bunkers' but were never able to see them, except for their top-rotors...why were they moved out of there ? :huh:

Are they being scrapped ?...

And.......how about the many UH-1's there ?...

2 US Navy C2A® Greyhound came to SGN to carry a Vietnamese delegation to visit the US aircraft carrier George Washington (CVN-73) sailing off-shore South Vienam

1/DSC_7846copy.jpg

2/ c2a_vcr30_cvn73_sgn1.jpg

3/DSC_7958crcopy.jpg

4/ DSC_7967_crcopy.jpg

02 other Vietnamese military aircraft have landed SGN on that morning

5/ Antonov AN-26 reg.268

an26vnaf268-1.jpg

6/ Helicopter MIL Mi-8 reg.7850

mi8-7850vnaf1.jpg

Pieter:

They move the MI-24 out to give place to newly refurbished UH-1. I don't think they scrap these ones because these choppers were "mothballed" during the last 2 years.

Kanehoshi,

Great to see the Hinds, finally, out in the open :pardon:

I've seen them many, many times in their 'bunkers' but were never able to see them, except for their top-rotors...why were they moved out of there ? :huh:

Are they being scrapped ?...

And.......how about the many UH-1's there ?...

Uncle,

The many UH-1's till there and will be change the motor from India.

and the 2nd bunkers block destroyed to make ramp.

vvts_airport_ramp-15.jpg

Very nice pix of the Hinds and the partially hidden Huey.....Does anyone know when n why they buy Huey's ?

Anyone got a frontal shot of the MIL-24 gunships taken by kanehoshi?

Very nice pix of the Hinds and the partially hidden Huey.....Does anyone know when n why they buy Huey's ?

These UH-1 were left by the U.S. in 1975.

Geoff: Yes they are the early model Hind A with tandem pilot/gunner seats.

Here is the link to a defunct one at Ho Chi Minh City's Air Force Museum

Mi-24 VNPAF