738MH_9mmlj_sgn1.jpg

#2 B744F KE Cargo HL-7456 on hold before RWY25L

744f-KE-sgn_4655.jpg

#3 A320AK Lotus 9M-AFY leaving E6 taxiway for departure RWY25L

320ak_9m-afy_4864.jpg

#4 Helicopter VNPAF Mil-17 SAR 02, cleared to land on taxiway W7

vnpaf_110423_1.jpg

Yesterday, Mr Flee join us (VNAS) spotting at SGN :drinks:

Thank you kanehoshi, Vu Loc and VNAS for making me welcome and the spotting memorable! It was a very enjoyable day for me and it was definitely a very good experience for me spotting at SGN.

Catch of the day was this visitor, 0050:

184435.jpg

Greetings from MH with its newest leased bird, 9M-MLJ:

184420.jpg

I am always a sucker for classics like this Thai, HS-TAO:

184422.jpg

Today, my ride home to KUL was Team Lotus 9M-AFY:

184526.jpg

Thanks once again and next time, the beer is on me OK?! :) :drinks:

Guys,

Some nice shots there !!! :drinks:

Really love the various angles of the C9 as well as the MI-17 taken by uncle Vu Loc :good:

Miss the good spotting sessions @ SGN; hope to see you all again soon (both in KUL and SGN)...

A few more photos to share. VN-A198 is still looking for its identity:

185770.jpg

Air Mekong VN-A801 had some technical problem and had to come in on visual approach to runway 25L:

185771.jpg

Qatar Airways, a familiar sight in KUL, is not as common in SGN. Here comes A7-BAM:

185768.jpg

Finally, another classic from Lufthansa, D-ABTB. We are going to be seeing fewer and fewer of the queen of the skies in the coming years:

185769.jpg

Rare shots of the "old lady" Antonov An-2 in-flight. BTW, Kanehoshi, my best wishes to your newborn boy and your kami san :drinks:

Longhaul charters, S V...Finnish people like to escape dark winters for tropical destinations :pardon:

They also operate into PEN via Amritsar/India I believe...

Thanks for the info. Pieter!

Since I am in France now, I would say: oh la la !

What a fantastic picture of the AN-2 !!! Tought they would only operate in "The North"...so, where are these based in "The South" ?

Rare shots of the "old lady" Antonov An-2 in-flight. BTW, Kanehoshi, my best wishes to your newborn boy and your kami san :drinks:

Let me add my congratulations on the new addition to your family, kanehoshi! :drinks:

And celebrating it with the AN-2 catch is great! Well done! :clapping:

Edited by flee

Kanehoshi, my best wishes to your newborn boy and your kami san :drinks:

Let me add my congratulations on the new addition to your family, kanehoshi! :drinks:

Thanks your guys very much!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mw_offline_1.jpg

:drinks:

vasco-atr-vn_b214-1.jpg

A few more from SGN - here is a tribute to Airbus.

Home airline has some A332s in their fleet. Here is one of their newer ones, VN-A377:

192156.jpg

China Airlines sends theirs over too, B-18315:

192153.jpg

A not so common sight is the A343. I spotted this Turkish one, TC-JII, in SIN in December 2010. Here it is in SGN in April 2011. :)

192155.jpg

As the light begins to fade, we see Cathay Pacific's A333 arrive. They have ordered more of these workhorses from Airbus. B-HLJ is the one they sent to SGN:

192154.jpg

Spotting at Tan Son Nhat is indeed very interesting. Once again, my thanks to the gang in Ho Chih Minh City! :drinks:

Kanehoshi-sanclapping.gif

Excuses for late reply about your one of the best thing of your lifeyahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Conguraturations for new born baby!!!!smile.gif

Best regards all your family.

From MASAHIKO SAKAI

Prefer the current one: "Airlines" looks awful this way on the 321 :huh: :(

Some pics from my last weekend spotting. The rainy season has commenced!

#1 AK, Bank Rakyat, seems it's been repainted?

ak-320-BankRakyat-9MAFG-sgn1.jpg

#2 MH is prioritizing Vietnam by sending regularly their new B737-800. Here is the 9M-MXD on final approach when rain was pouring on the far side of the airport.

SGN110514_6644.jpg

#3 Mandarin ERJ-190 special scheme B16829 coming from KaoHsiung

SGN110514_6673copy.jpg

#4 B77W EVA, flight BR391 approached straight into the rain curtain. Photo taken about 3 miles from runway threshold

773BR-SGN110514_vortex.jpg

#5 A320 AK, 9M-AFG departing in heavy downpour

ak-320-BankRakyat-sgn-rain.jpg

#6 B77W CX got left engine problem when throttle up for taxi. She returned to the gate and was able to resume flight after 2.1/2 hours delay

773CX-bkpoSGN110514_3s.jpg

773CX-bkpoSGN110514_4.jpg

#7 A newcomer to SGN, the B-734F 9M-NEF of Neptune Air

SGN110514_7336copy.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Mandarin ERJ-190 is such a beauty :drinks:

The last time I remembered that Team Lotus plane was based at BKI, if this plane can be spotted from Vietnam means it is now based at KUL already?

Uncle Vu Loc,

Mandarin & Neptune: :good: :good:

You're really a die-hard, spotting in downpour (AK 320) !!! :pardon:

Nice catch! We were just wondering where has all the new MH B738 gone to. :p

Didn't knew that Neptune Air is adding B734F to their fleet.Go for A.net,Uncle Nguyen; as there are only one photo of her on the database.

And 9M-NEF (B737-3S3F,cn 23811/1445) does an interesting history; before the conversion to the freighter,it was operated by Air Europe (as G-BNPA),TEA (G-DIAR).After the conversion,it was later operated by LH Cargo (D-ABWS),Aviateca Cargo (N841LF),Icelandair Cargo (TF-FIE),Shanghai Airlines Cargo (B-2605),Aerolineas Argentinas Cargo (LV-BBZ),and lastly Swiftair (N811AN; later re-registered as EC-KDY).

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Didn't knew that Neptune Air is adding B734F to their fleet.Go for A.net,Uncle Nguyen; as there are only one photo of her on the database.

Tamizi: Thanks for your support and detailed info on this aircraft. I've never tried my chance on A.net or JP. Following your advice, I'll consider to upload it but WX (in the photos)seems not favourable for acceptance. I've photo-edted from Neutral gray to that colour :rolleyes:

Tamizi: Thanks for your support and detailed info on this aircraft. I've never tried my chance on A.net or JP. Following your advice, I'll consider to upload it but WX (in the photos)seems not favourable for acceptance. I've photo-edted from Neutral gray to that colour :rolleyes:

You're most welcome,Uncle Nguyen; Wishing you all the best should you've uploading it to A.net or JP.

Congratulations Kanehoshi-san as you add a little one to your family. I guess you now have to devote more time to taking care of your wife and son ... but we will surely enjoy the fruits of whatever you could photograph. Great shot of the AN-2 ... you cannot imagine how much memory that brings. I saw An-2s for the first and last time ... in Ulan Bator in 2003.

I was very envious when Vernon mentioned he was with you when he photographed the AN-2 ... and hope to join him in spotting in SGN someday.

Warmest greetings to you and your family.

KC Sim

Rains are frequent now in the afternoon at SGN. If you don't mind getting wet, you have a good chance of A/C miss approach and go-around and water fumes at take-off and landing.

#1 A CRJ-900 Air Mekong (P8) made a go-around right after this shot due to heavy rainpour at the runway threshold

sgn110522_mekong_Crj900.jpg

#2 A332 VN-A372 and A374 landed with crosswind

110605sgn062_crcopy.jpg

110605sgn165copy.jpg

#3 B77W Air France on reverse

110605sgn089copy.jpg

#4 A332 VN-A377 landed after thunderstorm

110605sgn162copy.jpg

#5 A343 Turkish TK-TJJ power reverse on wet runway

110605sgn174copy_s.jpg

#6 A332 CI rotated on RWY25L for TaoYuan Taipei

110605sgn341copy_s.jpg