Tan Son Nhat - Sai Gon airport pictures

kanehoshi san

What a superb shot :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Wonderful :good:

Domo Arigatou gozaiimasu Suzuki san!

One more shot ...

Vietnam Airlines

B772ER - VN-A144

A144-2.jpg

I discovered A330 and ATR-72 heaven in SGN, courtesy of Kanehoshi-san. I developed some new skills in the process - climbing, leaping and balancing - just to get to the right spot.

I can still feel the roar - and the majesty - of the airliners approaching SGN. Here are my versions of the 2 pictures:

HS-TAH.jpg

VN-A370.jpg

Kanehoshi-san in action:

kanehoshi1.jpg

kanehoshi2.jpg

Thank you very much for showing me around SGN, Kanehoshi-san!!!

Great shot: no many Atlas 744's flying around in full colours...

Wow, amazing shots from SGN!!! Wonderful works by Kanehoshi n Tuan Khiem!!!

Keep them coming . . . the pics from SGN adds tremendous variety to what we normally see elsewhere in SE Asia.

Love those VN liveried planes - we only see A321s in SIN and these normally land when the sun is still high and do nothing to make this livery look good.

KC Sim

Season's Greetings to one and all. This long weekend has given me a great opportunity to edit my pictures and now I can share these treasures from my recent trip to Vietnam with you.

It was a great opportunity for me to photograph almost the entire VN fleet - I understand that the Fokker 70s are based in Hanoi and unfortunately for me none of them made a guest appearance when I was there. Here is every fleet type from the tiniest to the largest fleet.

VN-B220.jpg

VN-A307.jpg

VN-A359.jpg

VN-A369.jpg

VN-A368.jpg

VN-A150.jpg

Can't say that I have gotten enough of these classy VN colours! It is one of my favourite colour schemes around today.

And my jaw-dropped as I saw this TU-134 being towed around as the VN A321 I was flying on taxied by the hangar:

VN-A302A.jpg

VN-A302B.jpg

I think the last picture captures the tremendous growth and progress that Vietnam Airlines has made in this past decade alone.

Please bear with me as there is more to come...

Here is the "other" Vietnamese carrier - Jetstar Pacific!

VN-A190.jpg

VN-A191.jpg

VN-A195.jpg

SGN is the land of ATR-72s - check out the different colours of this reliable prop that fly in and out of SGN:

VN-B206.jpg

VN-B214.jpg

VN-B210.jpg

There is a quite a bit of traffic between SGN and SIN. SQ and TR each fly up to 3 flights a day, while 3K, VN and JT each fly 1 flight a day:

9V-SRIA.jpg

9V-TRB.jpg

9V-JSD.jpg

Coming close (or maybe even surpassing) that could be the traffic between Vietnam and Taiwan as seen in these interesting Taiwanese visitors:

B-18801.jpg

B-16713.jpg

B-17920.jpg

B-16828.jpg

That Embraer Jet is so beautiful that I have to upload an additional picture of it!

B-16828B.jpg

And this was another surprise for me - Viva Macau!

B-MAY.jpg

B-MAW.jpg

SGN gets its 747s too - courtesy of Air France and the freighters of China Airlines and Korean Air.

F-GITI.jpg

B-18718.jpg

HL7483.jpg

Edited by Vernon

Nice catch! That Tu-134 is really jaw-dropping indeed and the appearance does somehow compliment the 'vintage' look of the aircraft :rofl:

Wow, amazing shots from SGN!!! Wonderful works by Kanehoshi n Tuan Khiem!!!

Keep them coming . . . the pics from SGN adds tremendous variety to what we normally see elsewhere in SE Asia.

Love those VN liveried planes - we only see A321s in SIN and these normally land when the sun is still high and do nothing to make this livery look good.

KC Sim

Thank to encourage us, KC.

Antonov 12 @dawn

UR-11819

dsc4478.jpg

Very old classic cockpit, but love it :)

dsc4493.jpg

Absolutely stunning shots, guys, esp. the AN12 and SU !!! :good:

Hope to do some spotting together again next month !!! :yahoo: ;)

Hi Pieter waiting for you next month, but @ VVNB :clapping:

Vietnam Airlines

A330, VN-A368

VVNB

a333vna3682.jpg

Wow,the VN livery looks stunning on A330!

Thanks Tamizi,

Here is my last picture that I took at VVTS from a very beautiful location. No more from now on :(

B744 AF

F-GITJ

b744affgitj1.jpg

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a plane-spotting trip to SGN since SGN offer some very interesting traffic, maybe add in some side-seeing also. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Will be there 01-26feb2010, so if someone planning that period, please, PM me...

I did a mock booking for July KUL - SGN and the ticket price works out to be RM364 for AK and RM665 for VN vv. Sorry currently I think I can only travel in July due to job commitment. Any ideas?