MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wilber Tan

Kuching Intl' Airport (KCH - WBGG) Year 2011

anybody spotted MH8620 arrived 8pm today? 747-400 9MMPQ iirc due to canceled flights by fireflyz...

you mean this one? ;)

DSC_2117.jpg

and also, an impressive AK new hangar or is it (after the repair done), the new LCCT? :pardon:

DSC_2113.jpg

:drinks:

I believe it was erected to hold election campaign talks supported by DAP (RED, People would sit on top, under, and inside the plane while speakers gives talk :rofl:

anybody spotted MH8620 arrived 8pm today? 747-400 9MMPQ iirc due to canceled flights by fireflyz...

All 3 flights into 1 flight?

DSC_2113.jpg

Impressive. Guess those Airbus repair personnels really need to keep themselves away from the elements. Wonder how much the final repair bill will be.

I wonder if it is a good thing flying a 747? I mean, if I was suppose to fly on the first flight and to connect on another airline...I might missed the connection completely....TOUCH WOOD! BETTER NOT HAPPEN ON MT FLIGHT!

Regarding the temporary hangar:

A structure has been erected at the cargo apron in KCHAP. The location of the apron is on the Northern side of the airfield in between the Main Terminal and the Fire Station. The structure is meant to be used as a temporary hangar which currently houses an aircraft.

The concerns raised by the structure are:

- Bays 10 and 11 (Cargo Apron) will be hidden from view of the control tower. The aircraft there will only be visible when they are pushed back on the apron taxi lane. Aircraft on taxiway A will be affected if the aircraft at the cargo apron pushes back in the staggered position, ie the stern facing Taxiway A at an angle while facing east/west.

Pilots to exercise caution and to inform ATC if there is insufficient clearance to continue taxi.

- The structure itself is currently unlighted which is a concern during night operations. By day the roof may be glaring in bright sunshine which can cause a vision hazard to pilots.

MAB and DCA are currently working together to mitigate the issues raised. They have also requested CCTV to be installed to cover the blind spots.

This temporary structure will remain for up to 4 months.

More on 9M-AHH's repairs - passed by on 12 April 2011.

The temporary hanger - sorry about the quality - my aircraft's window has seen better days!

178507.jpg

People are at work inside:

178506.jpg

Though the structure is supposed to be 'temporary' I hope the people involved have made allowances for what tropical storms mother nature is capable of unleashing upon us - looks like one giant parachute to me :)

Well the structure seems to be very well bolted down to the ground. Not sure how secure the membrane is tied down to the structure, though!

My ride to BKI, 9M-AFQ arriving:

179027.jpg

I wonder why AK makes such a big hoo hah about the aerobridges. They are using it on some of their flights here in KCH:

179025.jpg

Karpal Singh boarded that flight maybe kekeke :p

179027.jpg

I wonder why AK makes such a big hoo hah about the aerobridges. They are using it on some of their flights here in KCH:

179025.jpg

Hey, I was at the next gate AK6673.....

179027.jpg

179025.jpg

AFQ seems lime common residence/inhibitance in KIA.... i can see her almost everyday departing from Runway 23 ...

Not as long as the one under the big white hangar =p :p

More on 9M-AHH's repairs - passed by on 12 April 2011.

The temporary hanger - sorry about the quality - my aircraft's window has seen better days!

178507.jpg

People are at work inside:

178506.jpg

Thanks for the pix. Actually, its very clear. Glad that AK didn't scrap this A320. Other A320s which are involved in incident/ accident like AHH weren't so lucky. America West, Windejet and IB's six months old A320 met the chopping block after similar fate. :sorry: :sorry:

Thanks for the pix. Actually, its very clear. Glad that AK didn't scrap this A320. Other A320s which are involved in incident/ accident like AHH weren't so lucky. America West, Windejet and IB's six months old A320 met the chopping block after similar fate. :sorry: :sorry:

EY's new A346 was written off even before the official delivery to the airline.

EY's new A346 was written off even before the official delivery to the airline.

Ahh....Oh yea...that one was one huge blunder....poor A346. :sorry: :sorry:

The aftermath: The remains of the Airbus A340-600 (msn 856) written off before delivery to Etihad and A340-642(HGW) MSN 0856 [F-WWCJ] [EY] remains.

Sorry Off topic....

Sorry I couldn't accommodate you while you were here flee...really busy, off to JHB again next week.

Do let me know when you are coming again next time ok? I hope you had a good time while you were here.

Sorry I couldn't accommodate you while you were here flee...really busy, off to JHB again next week.

Do let me know when you are coming again next time ok? I hope you had a good time while you were here.

No worries Kenneth, I had a good time and your food tips were a great help! Sure like to meet up with you too - so do let me know if you are in KL. :)