MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wilber Tan

Kuching Intl' Airport (KCH - WBGG) Year 2011

Thanks Rayner and Kenneth for willing to show us around! Like KC and Vernon, I'm also looking forward to this adventure.

Don't forget to order Nasi Lemak!

Haha great thinking there, but I'm ultimately after the lemongrass rice with chicken since that's the dish that got away (twice) last time!

Don't forget to order Nasi Lemak!

Already pre-ordered. I hope that you have ordered your share too :drinks:

I saw a long drop down list of food choices while booking online. Rather intrigued how the food offering has been so enhanced near the "end"...

We have just landed at Changi Airport and got home ... surprisingly not so tired after being on our feet for about 20 hours.

Firstly, a GIGANTIC "THANK YOU" to Rayner and Kenneth for their amazing company and wonderful hospitality. It did not matter that the weather was not conducive for aviation photography - and we did manage a passable string of shots of the Kalstar Aviation B737-400 - we had a great tour of the City of Cats, ate our fill of the incredible Laksa, ABC, Matterhorn ... and it was good to be able to wave a grateful goodbye to both Rayner and Kenneth who stood firmly on the observation deck to make sure we got on our Firefly B738 flight to Kuala Lumpur.

The Firefly flight was absolutely most enjoyable ... took tonnes of pictures out of the window ... and certain things did fall out of the seat pocket into .. cough, cough, ahem, ahem ... the bag. The Nasi Lemak was as good as ever and I had a portion of the fried rice with ginger chicken to take away for subsequent consumption in KUL. And when the flight was over, we had a little chat with the cabin crew ... they were most friendly as always and we really feel a tinge of sadness about the imminent end of jet services by Firefly.

The sight of 9M-MPD with the Haj logo on the tail and new titles drove us mad again ... and we attempt shots of it airside and landside. Finally, we decided to spend more time on the observation deck landside until the sun went down and came away with lots of shots of MAS B734s, some B738s and 9M-FFF. And no time spent at KLIA is complete without a dose of KFC and the tomyam flavoured chicken did not disappoint. The strong ginger flavour was absolutely delicious.

And when we finally bade Malaysia a temporary goodbye and boarded 9V-JSH of Jetstar Asia, we know we've had a great day - thanks mostly to Rayner and Kenneth for being such perfect hosts!!! And when we touched down at Changi Airport 10 minutes ahead of schedule, it was time to stick our faces on the aircraft windows to count the number of Qantas aircraft stranded at SIN - two Airbus A380s, two B747-400s and two A330-300s. A sad day for Qantas and certainly it must be a day in hell (and it is only the beginning) for Qantas stranded passengers.

We will forever remember our great experiences on Firefly ... having flown on the ATR72 (Johor Bahru-Subang-Johor Bahru), the B737-400 (Johor Bahru-Kota Kinabalu-Johor Bahru) and now the B737-800 (Kuching-Kuala Lumpur) ... and each of the three experiences and five sectors have been perfectly enjoyable.

KC Sim

Good to know you enjoyed your day trip adventure KC, really really sorry for the unwelcoming heavy rain during your short visit here... :pardon:

(next time, remember to come on Sunday, so that you can get wonderful weather as shown below :p )

Anyway, short spotting today to catch FY's 2nd last flight to KCH...

Will missed this funky orange livery in KCH... :cray:

DSC_4692.jpg

(no no, the plane is not diving, just the angle tilt a bit... ;)

and, Batavia in new uniform

DSC_4726.jpg

DSC_4735.jpg

Thanks for viewing... :drinks:

Edited by rayner

Thanks Rayner and Kenneth for showing us around the city, the food was terrific! Though I was stuffed, I still managed to enjoy a wonderful dish on Firefly (unfortunately not the lemongrass rice/chicken) as well as KFC's wonderful Tom Yum Crunch chicken at KUL.

Hope to meet you guys again soon, whether it be in SIN, KCH, or somewhere else in the region.

I echo KC and Jerrold:

Thanks very much to both of you for your hospitality, Kenneth and Rayner.

Fantastic food, airline and of course your company. I have never had that much fun chasing an orange-coloured object!

RaynerandKenneth.jpg

Edited by Vernon

It's the 100th Anniversary of Aviation in Malaysia Exhibition,held at the Hornbill Skyways Hangar.

Hope the MWings KCH members can post more photos.

What does the CM private jets has anything to do with DCA expo?

Since it was held at Hornbill Skyways Hangar; so the Hornbill Skyways fleet (Challenger, Beech Super King Air and others) are expected to be on display as well.

What does the CM private jets has anything to do with DCA expo?

It's an opportunity for the CM to tell everyone that he's bored of his Citation X and time to move on to Challenger 605.

I know a person who use to fly for the CM.. He was a Commander for MAS 747 before that.. He quits shortly after takes d job, cant stand the way he was treated.. Has to carry luggage n everything..

It's an opportunity for the CM to tell everyone that he's bored of his Citation X and time to move on to Challenger 605.

Having a fleet of business jet is not something that anyone can brag about.