MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wilber Tan

Kuching Intl' Airport (KCH - WBGG) Year 2011

Southern Air rotates photo is awesome! A.Net!!!

Southern Air was rejected in A.net before :p

Hope to be able to go to the new spotting site next month (if time permits)

Their 733 looks very nice, too bad I am not able to take her in action.. <_>

Their 733 looks very nice, too bad I am not able to take her in action.. <_<

Agree, very colouful and "starry" :) although I can't find any of it (B733 or ATR42) in airliners.net or jetphotos.net. One question: if the PNK-KCH vv route is doing well, what with the medical tourism in KCH and all, why is Batavia Air flying only 3x weekly? Is there a restriction? I recall it used to be a daily flight when Y6 operated the route with the F28 a/c. When they upgraded it to the B737-200 and later the B733, I think that's when they started to cut down the services. I assumed it was because these a/c had bigger capacities and the traffic did not merit daily flights. Now I believe they combine the B733 with the A319. With Kalstar proposing daily services using the B733, the load must be good.

Lalat Api galore...taken on the 19th during the inaugural JHB-KCH-JHB flight...

Spot the differents, other than the registration? :)

To KUL

edDSC_2599.jpg

From JHB

edDSC_2578.jpg

:drinks:

p/s: KCH spotters are refrain from guessing... :p

Edited by rayner

I thought JHB only has B734, so whats this with the B738s?

eh....mana eyebrow????

they already got Foxtrot Delta?

where is it from? MLD didnt have eyebrow if im not mistaken...

9M-FFD is not a repainted 9M-MLD.

It is a new lease of former South African Airways ZS-SJI.

Source: http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/737/30007,9M--Firefly.php

2 different aircraft were used: FFC down and FFD back... :pardon:

but why same background one. :p

Aeroplanes come and go

Hangars, tangki, buildings, trees and mountains normally remain static :pardon:

Lalat Api galore...taken on the 19th during the inaugural JHB-KCH-JHB flight...

Spot the differents, other than the registration? :)

To KUL

edDSC_2599.jpg

From JHB

edDSC_2578.jpg

:drinks:

p/s: KCH spotters are refrain from guessing... :p

I think we have said a few times on MW that MH as a group never pays attention to details. So, it seems that this corporate disease has spread to FY.

The proper domain name firefly.com.my, minus the "z", has been FY's for some time now, but -FFD still shows the old domain name. Is the corporate communications or marketing department asleep? Or just like the thread on 9M-MTA, maybe this needs the PM or First Lady's approval too to get the change done?

I wont be surprise if this does not get changed on -FFE, -FFF etc.

I think we have said a few times on MW that MH as a group never pays attention to details. So, it seems that this corporate disease has spread to FY.

The proper domain name firefly.com.my, minus the "z", has been FY's for some time now, but -FFD still shows the old domain name. Is the corporate communications or marketing department asleep? Or just like the thread on 9M-MTA, maybe this needs the PM or First Lady's approval too to get the change done?

I wont be surprise if this does not get changed on -FFE, -FFF etc.

Actually both names are being used. If you surf the web, with or without 'z', both links works. Perhaps most of the consumers know Fireflyz with a 'z' or otherwise therefore MH or FY won't be bothered to actually roll out another marketing campaign to inform the public of the 'refresh' image. :)

On a side note, FY is giving AK a serious competition...Malaysia aviation scene is getting very very interesting!! :)

Actually both names are being used. If you surf the web, with or without 'z', both links works. Perhaps most of the consumers know Fireflyz with a 'z' or otherwise therefore MH or FY won't be bothered to actually roll out another marketing campaign to inform the public of the 'refresh' image. :)

I know that. The domain name with "z" was obviously a compromise and a second-best alternative when FY was first launched as the domain name without "z" was already taken up then by some third party. Given that the natural/ obvious domain name is now available and is owned/ controlled by FY, the recently-acquired aircraft should now reflect that - but there is no need for a remarketing or a repainting of earlier aircraft. The domain with a "z" should be retained as a secondary one but the primary url that should be publicised going forwards is obviously one that reflects the intended spelling of the airline it represents.

Clearly, the marketing department is asleep and forgot to inform the engineering folks who manage the painting.

I know that. The domain name with "z" was obviously a compromise and a second-best alternative when FY was first launched as the domain name without "z" was already taken up then by some third party. Given that the natural/ obvious domain name is now available and is owned/ controlled by FY, the recently-acquired aircraft should now reflect that - but there is no need for a remarketing or a repainting of earlier aircraft. The domain with a "z" should be retained as a secondary one but the primary url that should be publicised going forwards is obviously one that reflects the intended spelling of the airline it represents.

Clearly, the marketing department is asleep and forgot to inform the engineering folks who manage the painting.

We just have to get used to Malaysia Boleh working attitude. However, with or without 'z', Firefly livery still looks nice. :) :yahoo:

Why do some of the B738's have 'eyebrows' while others don't? There are 2 missing windows for -FFC while there's only 1 missing window for -FFD. Can anyone explain why?

Why do some of the B738's have 'eyebrows' while others don't? There are 2 missing windows for -FFC while there's only 1 missing window for -FFD. Can anyone explain why?

Most older 737 cockpits are equipped with "eyebrow windows", a feature of the original 707. They allowed for greater visibility in turns, and offered better sky views if navigating by stars. With modern avionics, they became redundant, and many pilots actually placed newspapers or other objects in them to block out sun glare. lolx!!! :rofl: :rofl:

They were eliminated from production in 2004, although they are still installed in military variants and at customer request. Hope this helps.:)

Most older 737 cockpits are equipped with "eyebrow windows", a feature of the original 707. They allowed for greater visibility in turns, and offered better sky views if navigating by stars. With modern avionics, they became redundant, and many pilots actually placed newspapers or other objects in them to block out sun glare. lolx!!! :rofl: :rofl:

They were eliminated from production in 2004, although they are still installed in military variants and at customer request. Hope this helps.:)

Thanks! Any reason for the difference in number of windows in the section just above the engine? Or the number of windows differ between port and starboard side?

Thanks! Any reason for the difference in number of windows in the section just above the engine? Or the number of windows differ between port and starboard side?

You're welcome. For the windows, I am not sure. All body barrel are standard. However, one of the main difference is that airlines choose their own seat configuration. Therefore, they may plugged some windows for galley or toilet or other purpose. The area above the engines is actually emergency exit, the legroom are more (therefore less window) but seats are non-recline to aid movement should there be any emergency.