MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wilber Tan

Kuching Intl' Airport (KCH - WBGG) Year 2011

I wish I was, but like I said...i gate-crashed the party. I didn't get an official invitation, I thought if I was going to get turned away at the event, so be it...but I told the MAHB guard, I need to cover the Press Conference and he just nodded and I drove right into the VVIP Terminal where the event was held...At the Registration, I said I was from online forum MalaysianWings, immediately I was given a "MEDIA" tag, no question asked...that's how I got in actually...

What the!!! And I was sleepless for nights thinking on how to get in. :good:

Wahh..hahah..next time we can use your tricks.. :D Ikman and I also try to request for short visit into the cockpit but has been rejected by the FA.

Same here on the BKI flight. Apparently some company policy not to allow flight deck visits even AFTER landing. But I insisted that she called up the captain. She did and the captain happily obliged :D On my flight back, I asked to be in the flight deck for landing. The crew said that the captain would actually allow it but because it's their first day of ops and there might be some DCA officials on board so he said, 'next time'.

Looks like KCH spotters will be seeing the new MAS 738 with new livery quite often :clapping: I just spotted two on approach., each a few minutes apart from each other. MXA and MXB i suppose. Arriving from KUL?

I'm back, so is the follow me weather!!! <_>

1024edDSC_3646.jpg

1024edDSC_3683.jpg

;)

heh, what time MXA come? I only saw MXC this afternoon from/to kul

..and from bki cancelled :help:

Mxa came at around 9am back to back with the Firefly FFA

Have a short snapshots from KCH while transit to KUL

1 A320 VS 2 B738 XD

P2020486.jpg

AK FLIGHT TO SIN

P2020480.jpg

FY operate FFA visting KCH

P2060495.jpg

And Main dish on my transit. MXA from ICN via BKI~ :rofl:

Edited by Michael Chai

Cool shots there Michael.. :good: Thanks for sharing.

Guys,anyone has any info on the aircraft departing KCH around 1am today?(12 Feb)Saw it from afar but could not make out the aircraft type plus i do not know of any departure around the time stated..Another Southern Air probably?

Cool shots there Michael.. :good: Thanks for sharing.

Guys,anyone has any info on the aircraft departing KCH around 1am today?(12 Feb)Saw it from afar but could not make out the aircraft type plus i do not know of any departure around the time stated..Another Southern Air probably?

i think its a 747 cargo came in at around 11pm missed approach , went around and landed . call sign malaysian 6xxx

5447865160_8cee37f0fb_b.jpg

Spotting ~ 15 Feb 2011

Edited by Nizam

5447865160_8cee37f0fb_b.jpg

Spotting ~ 15 Feb 2011

Nizam, what time u spotted this MXB? I onboard for BKI-KCH (MH55) yesterday and arrived with this bird at KIA around 5.20PM.

Nice catch from u.

Ikman ...

I captured this as the date/time u mentioned .. Rayner also in this flight

Ikman ...

I captured this as the date/time u mentioned .. Rayner also in this flight

Do not know Rayner also onboard together, if not can meet. Thanks nizam for great shot MXB.

Perdana Two due to KCH early evening today.

Early evening ? Arund 4 pm ? 5 pm ?

His program at Batu Niah might end around 4.30pm, then he'll return to MYY for his flight to KCH...so i guess he's arriving 5pm above.

Nizam, what time u spotted this MXB? I onboard for BKI-KCH (MH55) yesterday and arrived with this bird at KIA around 5.20PM.

Nice catch from u.

The bird is getting dirty....with the almost all white livery...