MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Prestley Shim

Where to go for a career

Hi. I'm 17 this year, Form 5 and will be my last year in school. I will be taking my SPM this year and I wish to pursuit a career in aviation after that. I've chosen a career in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. My choices of universities are Nilai UC in KL and MAS Engineering Training Centre. I also wish to go for a course to get a CPL or a PPL. I have chosen MAS Academy and APFT (Asia Pacific Flight Training) for that course. If there is any other universities or colleges that offer the same courses as the above which you think is more preferable or recommendable, please share your opinion. I need a firm target and I must know where to go after secondary school. Thanks in advance.

Hi there Prestley, before I can share anything with you, I need to clarify something. Do you plan to pursue Aircraft Maintenance Engineering together with CPL or just either one? By the way, are you referring to Malaysian Flying Academy (MFA) when you mentioned MAS Academy? MAS does not run its own flying academy. Ab-initio training of its cadet pilots is outsourced to local flying schools, and at the moment thats only APFT.

Hi there Prestley, before I can share anything with you, I need to clarify something. Do you plan to pursue Aircraft Maintenance Engineering together with CPL or just either one? By the way, are you referring to Malaysian Flying Academy (MFA) when you mentioned MAS Academy? MAS does not run its own flying academy. Ab-initio training of its cadet pilots is outsourced to local flying schools, and at the moment thats only APFT.

Those two are my main choices. For the time being, my plan is to go for the engineering course, that way (i have been informed), my chances of having a career as a pilot is more secured. And yes, i might have made a slight mistake there. It is MFA anad not MAS Academy.

As for engineering courses I am not too sure about which training institution is a better choice. But i'd suggest making a visit to all of your places of choice to have a look at it first hand before you make a decision

Sign in to follow this