MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Loh Wilson

Penang Airport 2011

Thanks Hon Kit. All those were taken from the bus stop.

I was hoping the An 124s might be in but looks like I was too early. Can't get there today. :( :(

Thanks Hon Kit. All those were taken from the bus stop.

I was hoping the An 124s might be in but looks like I was too early. Can't get there today. sad.gif sad.gif

I did take the An 124 pix fr the plane when it was rolling into arrivals....will post once i have transfer from camera to computer

Thanks Raymund.

I believe that 2 An124s carried the equipment out here from Leuchars in Scotland. So, might be another arrival soon.

Do you know what kind of equipments were they carrying ?....

Raymund, nice shot. Thanks for posting. It's some 5 years since I last saw an AN124 here.

The load they were carrying would be the ground equipment belonging to No. 6 Sqn RAF. That squadron is bringing its aircraft to Malaysia for the forthcoming 5 Power defence exercise which I believe starts shortly. I hope that they will still be here for LIMA in early December.

Not sure when the Typhoons are due to arrive though.

Edited by LaurieB

Raymund, nice shot. Thanks for posting. It's some 5 years since I last saw an AN124 here.

The load they were carrying would be the ground equipment belonging to No. 6 Sqn RAF. That squadron is bringing its aircraft to Malaysia for the forthcoming 5 Power defence exercise which I believe starts shortly. I hope that they will still be here for LIMA in early December.

Not sure when the Typhoons are due to arrive though.

Laurie, thanks but in my opinion this is not a nice shot as the pix I posted was a crop from a original 50mm shot so as u can see the quality of the pix isn't that great. I did not notice the plane until the CX plane turn around at the end of the runway . When I saw the plane and by the time I whipped out my camera the nice angled shot has past.

Well I will be flying again early Nov n we shall see if the plane is still there

Caught all these last Saturday,

HL 7466

DSC_4140.jpg

MPQ just arrived from JED, while MPQ in PEN, MPD was in KCH on the same day and time

DSC_4153.jpg

Saw this while boarding my flight

UR-82029

DSC_4186.jpg

PK-WFK

DSC_4189.jpg

Thanks for viewing... :drinks:

Edited by rayner

Caught all these last Saturday,

HL 7466

MPQ just arrived from JED, while MPQ in PEN, MPD was in KCH on the same day and time

Saw this while boarding my flight

UR-82029

PK-WFK

Thanks for viewing... drinks.gif

Rayner, nice pix u have on the AN 124...u capture it in better light compared to minedrinks.gif

Rumoured that Canadian AF CC-150 Polaris expected to arrive PEN from KUL on Tuesday between 1530-1605. Departs the next day around 1215 to Hanoi. :)

Edited by MIR

Was at PEN until 4.30pm and then had to leave. No sign of the CAF CC-105 up to then. Did catch this earlier though.

6346458327_ba8a20862a_z.jpg

20111115-IMG_5701 by Janner88, on Flickr

Have a few more to edit yet so will post them probably tomorrow. They include an unscheduled A330.

Edited by LaurieB

Looking for more, esp. the promised A330... :pardon:

Looking for more, esp. the promised A330... :pardon:

Sorry Pieter. Another "senior moment"!! Had forgotten to post here so will attach a few now.

6350160012_fd226a4725_z.jpg

20111115-IMG_5734 by Janner88, on Flickr

6350157430_e7b115b80c_z.jpg

20111115-IMG_5802 by Janner88, on Flickr

6349408663_421ce15296_z.jpg

20111115-IMG_5756 by Janner88, on Flickr

This B744 came very close to a Brahimy Kite during its approach.

6350153014_4ccd11f180_z.jpg

20111115-IMG_5724 by Janner88, on Flickr

Was not expecting to see the A330 wearing the new colours scheme which arrived just before 4pm. Light was not good at all either so had to increase the ISO speed to get a reasonable shot. I am still not sure about the new MAS colour scheme. Maybe it will grow on me.

6350158704_210ca4ff02_z.jpg

20111115-IMG_5819 by Janner88, on Flickr

Edited by LaurieB

Raymund, I have just checked flight24.com for the listings of MAS flights on which this aircraft operated.

From that listing, it seems that MTD was operating MH136, Adelaide to KL on the day (15.11.11) I took that photo.

Does anyone know if there were there problems at KL that meant this aircraft had to divert to PEN?

BTW, it's the first time that I have seen any aircraft wearing the new colours arrive at PEN.

Edited by LaurieB

Thanks for sharing the A330 picture: MTD seems to be very dirty already (like AirFrance)...

Nice picture of the OZ 744, btw :good:

Raymund, I have just checked flight24.com for the listings of MAS flights on which this aircraft operated.

From that listing, it seems that MTD was operating MH136, Adelaide to KL on the day (15.11.11) I took that photo.

Does anyone know if there were there problems at KL that meant this aircraft had to divert to PEN?

BTW, it's the first time that I have seen any aircraft wearing the new colours arrive at PEN.

Laurie, thanks for the info.

Thanks for sharing the A330 picture: MTD seems to be very dirty already (like AirFrance)...

Nice picture of the OZ 744, btw :good:

Pieter, thanks.

Considering that MTD was only delivered in July this year, I thought it was dirty as well.

Raymund, You are welcome. I would like to know why this aircraft came into PEN though.

Edited by LaurieB

I was at PEN last night collecting some visitors and spotted something lurking in the shadows just to the north of the new terminal extension. Went back with the camera this morning and saw this Kamov Ka-32S of Avialift parked with all the covers and ties in place.

6475182549_5ef9a82033_z.jpg

20111208-IMG_5857 by Janner88, on Flickr

In for LIMA, or another reason?

I was at PEN last night collecting some visitors and spotted something lurking in the shadows just to the north of the new terminal extension. Went back with the camera this morning and saw this Kamov Ka-32S of Avialift parked with all the covers and ties in place.

6475182549_5ef9a82033_z.jpg

20111208-IMG_5857 by Janner88, on Flickr

In for LIMA, or another reason?

I saw a Ka-32 parked there at the beginning of November without rotor blades when i passed through. The colours look the same so probably the same aircraft.

Maybe somebody knows what work it has been doing

Geoff

Welcome to MalaysianWings, Andre. Hope to see more of your photos. :good: