MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Loh Wilson

Penang Airport 2011

Heads-up for Penang spotters.

Air Hong Kong's B744 will be back with you tomorrow (20 August) for more training. The flight schedule is as follows:

LD095/20AugSIN-PEN STD1030 STA 1200

LD095/20Aug PEN-SIN STD 1600 STA1730

Hope you guys get some beautiful action shots.

KC Sim

Virgin Australia's second ATR-72(VH-FVI),has begun its delivery flight from Toulouse today. Might arrive Penang on Wednesday from Ngapur,India. Callsign : SXI 1131.

Thanks Mir.

Will try and catch this one either on arrival or departure. Would welcome any updates re timings that you might get.

Edited by LaurieB

Alliance Airlines Fokker100(VH-XWP),has begun its delivery flight from Woensdrecht,Netherlands yesterday. Might arrive Penang this Sunday from Ngapur,India.

Delivery flight route: Woensdrecht-Trabzon-AlAin-Ngapur-Penang-Kupang-Adelaide. Callsign : SXI 1127

Edited by MIR

Mir,

Guess the Southern-Cross crew nightstops at Nagpur ? (so only fuel-stop at Penang) ?

Jun 2011

P1020090.jpg

Air Asia's 9M-AHE preparing for departure to JHB.

P1020086.jpg

Another AK jet, this one's 9M-AQA

Edited by Chris Tan

Mir,Guess the Southern-Cross crew nightstops at Nagpur ? (so only fuel-stop at Penang) ?

Nope, our nightstops are in Penang. You wouldn't catch me overnighting in Nagpur unless my life depended on it!! :p

The ATRs arrived around 0300LT, and departed the following morning around 0100LT, and the F100 came in around 1700LT, and departed around 0800LT.

Yorden

Nope, our nightstops are in Penang. You wouldn't catch me overnighting in Nagpur unless my life depended on it!! :p

The ATRs arrived around 0300LT, and departed the following morning around 0100LT, and the F100 came in around 1700LT, and departed around 0800LT.

Yorden

Bedankt Yorden, goed je nieuws behalve op Scramble ook hier te zien... ;)

Surprisingly, guys, no pictures of the PEN nightstopping aircraft by the PEN-spotters ! :huh:

Pieter, not surprising really given the arrival/departure times, 3am/1am respectively quoted by Yorden above, of the ATRs. Pretty much impossible to get any photos at those times. Even getting on the ground shots is difficult at the moment as the airport is undergoing major reconstruction work. Not sure where they would have been parked but if in front of the tower on the fairly new stands, again, not much chance of any good photos. Not sure if they would be able to access the old GA pan as new gates are being built out of the north end of the terminal and seem to pretty well block access to that area.

The F100 timings allow a better chance of photos, weather permitting. Last Sunday it certainly did not!

Yorden, thanks for the additional info on timings.

Edited by LaurieB

Travel Air's second Fokker50(P2-TAF),has begun its delivery flight on 08/09/11 from Maastricht,Netherlands to Madang,Papua New Guinea.

Rumoured that it might stop-over at Penang or Subang tomorrow. It already did Maastricht-Trabzon-AlAin.

Edited by MIR

This place is easy to find. If you take the Coastal Highway, follow signs to airport cargo entrance. But instead of heading straight down to the cargo entrance, take the last right turn (it's definitely "right" unless you're coming out of the cargo center) before the cargo entrance (I think that's about 100 to 200 meters before the entrance). Head down that road after the turn and pay attention to the left; you'll find this spot after about half a km. Hope that's clear enough.

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Just to share some shots at the bus stop for a quick stopover to grab some shots on 13/9

b-hlt.jpg

Start off with CX painting the early morning sky

hs-tdk.jpg

Thai departing after the CX departure.

hl76083.jpg

KE Cargo arriving from KUL exited the runway and turned right instead of left. Hence making it back to runway for another taxiway and make a uturn back to the terminal.

asiana.jpg

Asiana Cargo seen here departing. Missed her arrival by few minutes but managed to get her departure.

n999fe.jpg

Finish off with Fedex MD11F

Thanks for viewing :)

Fantastic shots, Hon Kit :good: I see something like a Citation X under Asiana's left engine... :pardon:

Ah yes.. Unfortunately i cant see the rego from where i was..

Sorry for the substandard photo, just had my phone with me that time. Nevertheless just for sharing, first time to see a A330F for Hong Kong Airlines Cargo at PEN. No idea for the schedule.

Hong Kong Airlines Cargo = Air Hong Kong = DHL ????

29092011336.jpg

Sorry for the substandard photo, just had my phone with me that time. Nevertheless just for sharing, first time to see a A330F for Hong Kong Airlines Cargo at PEN. No idea for the schedule.

29092011336.jpg

Nice catch Wilson. I've seen them a couple of times on flightradar departing out of PEN. I think they may have started scheduled flights or it simply could just be chartered flights.

No, Hong Kong Airlines Cargo is an offspring of Hong Kong Airlines which is a HNA Group company.

Virgin Australia's ATR-72(VH-FVL),has begun its delivery flight from Toulouse yesterday. Due to arrive PEN tomorrow from Ngapur,India.

Mir, thanks for the info. Again, unfortunately, a day when I cannot get to the airport.

Was there earlier this morning. Just a few, mainly from the bus stop.

6245267673_507e6c4910_z.jpg

IMG_5337 by Janner88, on Flickr

6245786282_47fb5e8017_z.jpg

IMG_5289 by Janner88, on Flickr

6245790444_0c61aae8be_z.jpg

IMG_5355 by Janner88, on Flickr

6245271165_4271f21616_z.jpg

IMG_5408 by Janner88, on Flickr

Cathay was late departing.

6245270045_ca44a83184_z.jpg

IMG_5375 by Janner88, on Flickr

Finally, was very surprised to see this B733!

6245269543_faedbd18b5_z.jpg

IMG_5363 by Janner88, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. More on the Flickr page if you are interested.

Edited by LaurieB

I guess it brought some equipments from Scotland to the airport on the other side, then repositioned to WMKP. Guys,look out for Eurofighter Typhoons and other foreign stuffs over Penang in the coming days ;)

Edited by MIR