MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Loh Wilson

Penang Airport 2011

Good News for Penang Spotter. SIA Cargo is Coming to Penang.

Singapore Airlines Cargo adds 2 new routes within Asia in S11

Singapore Airlines Cargo from 31MAR11 is introducing 2 new all-cargo routes. On India market, it’ll launch 1 weekly Singapore – Chennai – Kolkata – Singapore service. On the following day, it is adding new link to Penang and Hanoi with new 1 weekly routing, operating as Singapore – Penang – Hanoi – Singapore.

SIA Cargo operates Boeing 747-400 Freighter.

Schedules:

Singapore – Chennai – Kolkata – Singapore

SQ7422 SIN1140 – 1310MAA1510 – 1715CCU 74Y 4

SQ7421 CCU1915 – 0150+1SIN 74Y 4

Singapore – Penang – Hanoi – Singapore

SQ7072 SIN1615 – 1730PEN1930 – 2000HAN 74Y 5

SQ7071 HAN2200 – 0215+1SIN 74Y 5

From Air Routes.net

Wow what an interesting development. So it is FINALLY happening after having been on the drawing boards for so long, but I wonder how it's going to turn out administratively as the SQ Cargo office was shut down and its staff were retrenched following SQ's pull-out in Dec09. MI then took over all functions including cargo sales.

Anyway, a 1730h arrival means you will have an opportunity to photograph it in great evening light! Good luck to all PEN spotters!

Thanks Liam. You are right about the window. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

Edited by LaurieB

Nice shots. If you look closely at Cessna Mustang HS-VIP you will notice that the forward window is infact painted on!

More likely, they're using those reflector / sunshade; I've seen some that really fit the windows.

Paparadzi, its painted on, I have seen this a/c before. Cessna Mustangs only have 3 windows per side.

I had to look twice, but the crew did confirm it was fake window

Edited by Liam Gibb

Liam, I thought you were referring to the cockpit windows. If you were referring to the circular windows, then I have no reason to doubt your statement. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Just some updates on the construction of the new Penang International Airport from Maybank Investment Bank Research.

MAHB: Penang airport upgrade going smoothly. The RM250m upgrade of the Penang International Airport is 15.7% complete, while the target date for the whole project to be completed remains June next year. (Source: Business Times)

Liam, I thought you were referring to the cockpit windows. If you were referring to the circular windows, then I have no reason to doubt your statement. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Apologies, I should have made that clear from the outset.

BC, I'm not sure, perhaps to make it appear bigger. I think the 4th "window" really suits it

PEN is a tiny island with nothin much to do.....what is it tht u miss....nasi kandar ??

Food around the clock and at way cheaper rates than BKI. :)

Food around the clock and at way cheaper rates than BKI. smile.gif

Quite true on the "food round the clock" but cheaper , I dont think so....Penang food since CNY this year have gone up....some kopitiam in town area / Pulau Tikus charge RM1.40 for teh ais.....i dont call this cheap

Quite true on the "food round the clock" but cheaper , I dont think so....Penang food since CNY this year have gone up....some kopitiam in town area / Pulau Tikus charge RM1.40 for teh ais.....i dont call this cheap

Here is RM2.10 for teh ais.

Raymund, I meant PEN the airport.... used to be working there. Now at Jetty.

BUT, considering the haywire condition there now (the major renovation), I missed it a little less. :p

Perdana One is expected to arrive PEN on 2nd April around 0900hrs and will depart the same day around 2230. Information is subject to change

Perdana One may arrive earlier than expected. 9M-NAA is currently en route to PEN.

Edited by MIR

Royal Brunei Airlines B777 (V8-BLE) operating military charter from Townsville AFB ,Australia is expected to arrive Penang today afternoon. Callsign : Aussie082

Edited by MIR

Hi all,

I'm Tek from BKK

Now I'm in Penang looking for places for spotting. Could you recommend a location for afternoon if RWY22 in use?

Thanks