MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Loh Wilson

Penang Airport 2011

Thanks for the info jieloe. Sadly, come February onwards, I may not be able to post much on PEN activities since I will be stationed at nearby Swettenham Pier for a few months up to a year. But still available for weekend spotting though ;)

And, expect more from me at Boats Galore thread.

GE guys are still here, with better pic as promised.

P1060444.jpg

I got info that a charted Qantas B763(VH-OGU) arrived Penang from Townsville yesterday and due to depart back today. I'll try to head to the airport late afternoon today to check it out.

Very nice Yusoff, I did not know each Fedex plane got a name.

Each of FedEx plane is named after employees' child name..

Ohhhh active cargo plane than pax there...hehe...

Any chance PEN gonna get FedEx B777F??hehehe. Any idea where do the 3 Fedex heading for?

Not in near future..the nearest the 777F is in SIN.

B777F is primarily used for transpac lanes connecting our hubs in CAN and MEM

and one lane HKG-CDG.

most likely routing for the 3planes:

A310F : CAN-KUL-PEN-CAN

MD11F : CAN-BKK-PEN-CAN

MD11F : CAN-PEN-SIN (for PEN o/b transpac via SIN)

Edited by Fahiruz

Why! why! why!!!..... I not at the airport anymore and Qantas is here... whyy!!!!

Fahiruz, thanks for the Fedex route info. :drinks:

Uuh..i'll be back in KL already on the 6th. Perdana Two expected to PEN either on Saturday night or Sunday morning(06/02/2011). Reported that Agong will be flying in the Sukhoi at BWH next Monday, i guess Diraja One might arrive PEN on Sunday B)

Edited by MIR

Good to see PEN thread 'back to business'...keep those pictures coming, guys !!! :good:

The registration code for Airasia After the 9M-AFZ is ?

The registration code for Airasia After the 9M-AFZ is ?

9M-AQA

Hello,

in March I want to visit Malaysia and maybe I`ll fly to Penang, if the weather is good. Can somebody write anything about the spotting locations there, is it possible to spot at both approaches 04/22? Maybe can you send me some markings with google to know the places?

It will be a great a help for me, if you can give some advices. Thanks for your help.

Best regards from Germany

Daniel Hustedt

Last Year I spot a Firefly ATR 72 landing at this place.

Untitled.png

Hope this help.:D

Edited by Pieter C.

Hello,

in March I want to visit Malaysia and maybe I`ll fly to Penang, if the weather is good. Can somebody write anything about the spotting locations there, is it possible to spot at both approaches 04/22? Maybe can you send me some markings with google to know the places?

It will be a great a help for me, if you can give some advices. Thanks for your help.

Best regards from Germany

Daniel Hustedt

Hi Daniel,

For RWY04 action, you can spot from the bus depot located at Batu Maung, however there are chances for the police to ask you to leave. My favourite spot is at the beach to get the approaching aircraft while I can stay under the shade and enjoy the sea breeze. No one will bother you here but in exchange for that, you will miss out all the departure action.

RWY22 usually in operation from noon till evening. Limited place to spot, you actually have to go into someone's compound to take photo. 4-step ladder is required to clear the double fencing.

You can refer to the first page of this thread to get some idea what kind of shot you will expect.

Hi Daniel,

For RWY04 action, you can spot from the bus depot located at Batu Maung, however there are chances for the police to ask you to leave. My favourite spot is at the beach to get the approaching aircraft while I can stay under the shade and enjoy the sea breeze. No one will bother you here but in exchange for that, you will miss out all the departure action.

RWY22 usually in operation from noon till evening. Limited place to spot, you actually have to go into someone's compound to take photo. 4-step ladder is required to clear the double fencing.

You can refer to the first page of this thread to get some idea what kind of shot you will expect.

Hi!

Thanks for your help

Regards

Dear daniel,

You may ask our MW members like yusof to help u. Me also can help u to bring u to the spotting location.

I will be at Penang on 12 march. When u will coming to Penang?

Dear daniel,

You may ask our MW members like yusof to help u. Me also can help u to bring u to the spotting location.

I will be at Penang on 12 march. When u will coming to Penang?

Hello,

maybe on 17th or 18th march I´ll fly with a friend to Penang. But we will decide rapid, because we want to visit also Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu and we have not so much time available.

I´ll send soon a mail when I know that we will visit Penang, to meet MW members.

Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

17th and 18th is on my working day. And my work place is no longer at the airport but at the Swettenham Pier now. As much as I would like to take you the those places for spotting, but I'm terribly sorry that I unable to accompany you during your spotting 'excursion'. My off-day is now fixed on Saturdays and Sundays.

Good News for Penang Spotter. SIA Cargo is Coming to Penang.

Singapore Airlines Cargo adds 2 new routes within Asia in S11

Singapore Airlines Cargo from 31MAR11 is introducing 2 new all-cargo routes. On India market, it’ll launch 1 weekly Singapore – Chennai – Kolkata – Singapore service. On the following day, it is adding new link to Penang and Hanoi with new 1 weekly routing, operating as Singapore – Penang – Hanoi – Singapore.

SIA Cargo operates Boeing 747-400 Freighter.

Schedules:

Singapore – Chennai – Kolkata – Singapore

SQ7422 SIN1140 – 1310MAA1510 – 1715CCU 74Y 4

SQ7421 CCU1915 – 0150+1SIN 74Y 4

Singapore – Penang – Hanoi – Singapore

SQ7072 SIN1615 – 1730PEN1930 – 2000HAN 74Y 5

SQ7071 HAN2200 – 0215+1SIN 74Y 5

From Air Routes.net

Thanks for the GREAT news Yong! So it's every Friday?

My off-day is now fixed on Saturdays and Sundays.

Kesi'an :lol: :pardon:

This is exciting news however I study further, the time seems to publish in Greenwich Time instead of local time. If my calculation did not fail me, it should arrive at 1.30am @.@

This is exciting news however I study further, the time seems to publish in Greenwich Time instead of local time. If my calculation did not fail me, it should arrive at 1.30am @.@

Lagi Kesian la like that.... :(