MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Amir

any cadet pilot scholarship for 2011??

so i just finished my spm, and i think my life in aviation seems to be a distant dream now. but why not give it one last shot. so do u guys have any idea if there would be an opening for people like me to get a scholarship? from ANY airline in asia, doesnt matter, im desperate. been searching thru the internet and doesnt seem like i have any luck tho :(

maybe u don't search hard enough... Or maybe u just don't search for it at all..

Open AK main website,there's a pretty obvious advertising for cadet pilot...

Work harder..

maybe u don't search hard enough... Or maybe u just don't search for it at all..

Open AK main website,there's a pretty obvious advertising for cadet pilot...

Work harder..

Unfortunately for him, it'll be closed before his SPM results are released. I think what he's trying to say is Cadet Pilot Programs after the release of his SPM results. Back to the question, none that we know of apart from AK. SIA and CX (If I'm not mistaken) is open but it requires A levels.

Unfortunately for him, it'll be closed before his SPM results are released. I think what he's trying to say is Cadet Pilot Programs after the release of his SPM results. Back to the question, none that we know of apart from AK. SIA and CX (If I'm not mistaken) is open but it requires A levels.

i thought SIA only O-levels? crud.

i thought SIA only O-levels? crud.

Negative. A-Levels/Degree/Polytechnic diploma is required.

From the SIA site, HERE

REQUIREMENTS

- Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident or Malaysian Citizen

- GCE ‘A’ level, Polytechnic Diploma or Degree. In addition, you must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credits in the GCE ‘O’ level or its equivalent. These must include English, Mathematics and a Science subject, preferably Physics, taken at one sitting

- At least 1.65 m in height

- Myopia of not more than 500 degrees and astigmatism of not more than 125 degrees, fully correctable with optical aids. Visual acuity of at least 6/60, correctable to 6/6. For candidates who have undergone corrective eye surgery (e.g. Lasik), the pre-surgical visual acuity should also meet the above requirements

Medically fit

Edited by S M Tang

Hello young man,

I don't want to sound critical or anything but, but not taking it this year does not mean you're not going to get it forever. I'm only aware of AirAsia opening its cadetship right now, but the age requirement is 18 years old, and another chance would be maybe for MAS when your SPM results are out. I think normally they have their cadet program advertised during that period. No promises that it will happen this year. And if you want 'scholarship', your best bet would be with MAS.

If i were you, i would not rush it right now, you can do something in between like going for Pre-U, or getting a degree to boost up your credentials and try again afterwards, you're young and you have a lot ahead of you.

Edited by Walter Sim

And if you want 'scholarship', your best bet would be with MAS.

I'm afraid that also will never come true... U need to sign few agreement with them that includes ur contract to work with them for 15 years(pls correct me) and salary deduction to repay ur study course...

The only sector that provides scholarship would be the airforce...

I'm afraid that also will never come true... U need to sign few agreement with them that includes ur contract to work with them for 15 years(pls correct me) and salary deduction to repay ur study course...

like that lagi bagus. at least you're secured with a job.

Even if the MH cadet pilots have to suffer through salary deduction (which I doubt) somehow they are better off. I have a couple of friends and relatives who are my age (25) making a living as pilots for MH and believe me, they can afford luxury vehicles and real estate investments.

Still, the terms are much more lucrative if you take the other company into consideration.

Edited by Walter Sim

bro, be positive in ur aviation career prospect. Being a commercial pilot is not fully about money only. Its about ur passion to taste the joy of flight as a career.

If you want a free airline cadet pilot scholarship in Malaysia, I don't think there is any, I might be totally wrong too.

AFAIK after you undergo your flight training, your sponsor airline would have you repay them in some way.

Either by deducting a portion of your salary over time or,

they will be the one of your guarantor to loan money from the bank for your flight training and have you deal with the bank directly.

The sweet thing about this is, you will have a job secured right after that.

If you decide to go ahead with your flight training privately funded, your are gambling your way into the aviation industry in Bolehland as the general aviation scene is very limited.

There is the air force also but I have no idea how it works.

My suggestion is go get a degree or any other tertiary education done, at least you have something to fall back on and you could try other airline's CPP.

In the mean time, try applying for the cadet pilot position too, if you are invited for an interview, great! Impress them with all you have!

The industry is slowly picking up, and you have a lot ahead of you. Don't rush it.

Good luck. smile.gif

just wait till the spm results come out......now what results would u want to send? PMRs? :p :p

Graduate pilots hit hard by job shortage

ABOUT 500 pilots earned their wings and aimed for the sky – only to see their dreams come crashing. The reality is that there are few openings and the job shortage has hit them hard.

Most of these pilots, who graduated from the eight flying schools in the country, have been without a job for between one and two years.

Other developments:

> While the schools produced between 300 and 400 pilots annually in the last five years, their total intake for a year can reach up to 800.

> The biggest airline operator – Malaysia Airlines — only takes in about 100 pilots or so and its priority is its own trainee pilots.

> The problem of surplus pilots will be further compounded when more join the group this year.

> Don’t be idle, take courses to keep flying skills intact, Department of Civil Aviation flight operations director Capt Datuk Yahaya Abdul Rahman tells fresh pilots.

Source

Sign in to follow this