MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Delwin A

Pilot dies in helicopter crash

Seems like just happened not long ago. :mellow:

IPOH: A helicopter pilot died after the machine he was flying crashed at Kampung Sri Malim in Malim Nawar, near Kampar, Tuesday.

The identity of the pilot, believed to be a male, is yet unknown.

Source

I guessed the incident refer to this news...

Police Inspector Dies In Copter Crash

KAMPAR, Dec 14 (Bernama) -- A police inspector was killed when the helicopter he was piloting on a training flight crashed and burst into flames in a mining area in Malim Nawar, 45 km from here, today.

Inspector Mohd Shukri Othman, 31, died on the spot in the accident which occurred at about 3 pm, said Kampar police chief Supt Abdul Aziz Salleh.

He said Mohd Shukri, who was attached to the Bukit Aman police headquarters, was on a solo flight from the flight training centre in Ipoh in a Robinson 44 (R-44) helicopter.

The body of the inspector, who hailed from Kepala Batas, Penang, was sent to the Kampar Hospital, he said.

Mohd Shukri, who leaves a wife and a child, had started his helicopter pilot training in the middle of this year, he added.

Firemen put out the fire at the crash site.

-- BERNAMA

Innalillah. May he rest in peace.

Any photo of the Police R-44 in any database?

Innalillah. May he rest in peace.

Any photo of the Police R-44 in any database?

i don't think the Police has any R-44 based in Ipoh. I believed the R-44 mentioned in the news report belongs to the flying school based at Ipoh Airport. correct me if I'm wrong....

May him rest in peace

so sad such incident repeat itself again in Msia ,

sigh.. :(

i don't think the Police has any R-44 based in Ipoh. I believed the R-44 mentioned in the news report belongs to the flying school based at Ipoh Airport. correct me if I'm wrong....

Yep, I agreed with that :)

RIP to the pilot :sorry:

Agree, a flying school instead of the police themselves.

There is Integrated in IPH, offering helicopter training, but they are using EC-120 instead. So I wonder which flying school is using R-44 here in Malaysia.

It would make the investigation much more faster if the helicopter was equipped with a black box.

Saw the helicopter in flight during my brief visit to Ipoh (about a month before the crash). Remembered telling my cousin how cute and simple the design of the helicopter was. My cousin house was near Ipoh Airport.

Al-fatiha..

salam/greet.

after a year my allahyarham abg died crashed in malim nawar.

no one has come to tell about the investigation result.

actually, no investigation had done cause in their mind is "human error".

somebody can just tell me how can i do to care of my late brother fate.

tq

(sorry for broken english)