MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Koo

Question regarding Air Asia Luggage

I'm flying Air Asia to KL from Melbourne in December and I've got a question regarding luggage allowance.

I had this debate with my friend who thinks that passengers are only allowed to check in one-piece of luggage, and from the air asia website, i do not see this rule in their Terms and Conditions.

My friend, being ego-i-stic, have insisted that this one-piece luggage policy applies.

My research proves he's wrong.

So i thought i'd ask the people here who most of you problably have flown air asia, tell me the experience with check-in luggage.

Cheers

Anthony (or Tony)

Hi Tony,

On my trip back from MEL 2 weeks ago, AirAsia X follows the weight system, meaning any number of bags altogether not over your baggage limit. Therefore, you can have 10 bags all weighing 2 kilos each = 20kgs and not have to pay excess. As I was carrying three bags, one was 22kg, one 16kg and one 8kgs and I bought 30kgs, I only had to pay 16kgs.

Hope this helps =)

Edited by Leong Chuo Sheng

Your friend is right if he was flying EasyJet. On AirAsia, your luggage is based on weight and not the number of pieces. So if two or three of you are travelling on a single PNR, you can pool your baggage allowances.

At the LCCT, if you carry a trolley bag as hand luggage, you have to go through the dimensions and weight check. Not sure what happens at other airports, though.

Dear Tony,

Your friend is not wrong and you are not wrong. AK is the problem (sorry if hurt anybody here).

Area 2 and 3 (SEA) in on weight system (IATA rule)...not sure if AK follows. Area 1 (North and South America) is piece system.

What your friend said (1piece=20KG), apply to some station in SEA (where AK flies to). This happen in HKG.

I checked with my AK friend, replied is based on the station how they want it.

So is all depend on your luck-la.

Sign in to follow this